scared of having PPROM - can I request a test?

slrayner

Reaction score
After reading lots of stuff about PPROM I am now paranoid that I might have it. I have been having a lot more discharge more yellowy recently and I always seem to have damp knickers.

Could I ring my midwife and request them checking me out or not? I have seen they can do a small test to check the PH of any fluid?

Advice would be greatly appreciated - thanks x

I was curious too.... Just Google'd and it's returned premature rupture of membranes.

If you're concerned I would suggest calling the midwife anyway. At the very least they will be able to give you considered, knowledgeable advice.

premature rupture of membranes?

I also have yellowish discharge and wetness - my midwife says it's normal and not to worry unless it starts smelling funny.

If you're worried hun speak to your midwife. This is the danger of the internet, sometimes too much information can be deadly to your wellbeing!

Well I rung Midwife and she says it sounds like normal discharge and if my waters were leaking I would feel it trickling out?

I am so paranoid lately, every little thing that could go wrong I think will, I need to relax but I just can't :(

i had prom with my last pregnancy, it wasnt like discharge. It was a very noticeable trickle which almost felt like i was weeing myself and it didnt stop it also smelt very bleachy. If you are really worried im sure the hospital could do swabs to double check. Try to relax hugs xxx

Well I rung Midwife and she says it sounds like normal discharge and if my waters were leaking I would feel it trickling out?

I am so paranoid lately, every little thing that could go wrong I think will, I need to relax but I just can't :(

It's very easy to get caught up in the "what ifs" I'm exactly the same. Try to relax hun, I know thats easy to say and not so easy to do xxx

How are you going? I have just read you post as I am researching PPROM. I am going through it now at 22 weeks. I ruptured my membranes on Wednesday. If you are really unsure get someone to take a look at you. I did that Wednesday and they told me I hadn't, but having ruptured my membranes (PROM) with my daughter at 38 weeks, I knew it was the same. I have a very slow trickle. I was diagnosed Friday after asking for another check. They can lie you down for a length of time and then look and see pooling or fluid leaking from your cervix. It is not comfortable, but necessary if that is what you suspect. Also, just because you have a lot of fluid doesn't mean it hasn't happened. In fact, I have so much it is probably why it has happened. I hope it is not for your sake, but it is better to be safe. I wish I had been more insistent as I was pretty certain and maybe if I had of stayed they would have diagnosed me earlier and I could have started a/b earlier. I am just hoping and waiting at the moment.

I had PPROM with my last pregnancy, but it wasn't a slow trickle - mine went all at once! It wasn't overly early though so all was well. If you are really concerned talk to your mw again and they can check if it's amniotic fluid. I get lots of discharge when PG, but amniotic fluid is quite watery and clear and has a sweetish smell, whereas my CM is thicker and yellowish. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->