Scared of the TTC room!

Hi Ladies! This seems like the place for me. Mind if I join in? I definitely can relate to "getting stressed" when reading all of the TTC posts. I absolutely understand why many women chart. For me, it's just too much! Last month I decided not to do OPK or anything other than paying attention to CM. When I get a negative OPK it makes me feel down. I'd rather have sex when I think I could be ovulating and hope this is the time! It makes it so much more fun. :dance:

I'm with baby.love, I am aware of my CD and my CM but the rest I can live without. In fact, here recently I am becoming less aware of what CD it is. :haha:

Me three! :thumbup: lol

Too much like hard work doing all the TTC stuff. I have a ticker (below lol) and that's as complicated as it gets lol :blush:

Oh thank God for a thread of calm! We're just starting to try and I'm a bit terrified of the TTC board. If we've been trying for quite a while and its not happening I'll pay more attention and consider monitoring things more closely.

We're fairly newly weds and very traditionally we've been at it like rabbits ever since tying the knot, I read you should only have sex every 2-3 days when TTC, I'm not willing to make that kind of sacrifice yet - we'll cut down when we have to when I'm all sore or nausious or up giving feeds 6 times a night!

Oh thank God for a thread of calm! We're just starting to try and I'm a bit terrified of the TTC board. If we've been trying for quite a while and its not happening I'll pay more attention and consider monitoring things more closely.

We're fairly newly weds and very traditionally we've been at it like rabbits ever since tying the knot, I read you should only have sex every 2-3 days when TTC, I'm not willing to make that kind of sacrifice yet - we'll cut down when we have to when I'm all sore or nausious or up giving feeds 6 times a night!

Welcome....I think we need to start a group lol :thumbup:

As for the 'sex every 2-3 days rule' - well forgive me for sounding crass but it doesn't really matter if you put sperm up there every day or every other day, you can only make so much :shrug: My hubby and I just go with the flow and if we have a night off, then so be it! We have a toddler and I work so sometimes it can be a bit of a struggle to stay awake long enough! :blush: Congratulations btw! :thumbup:

Welcome Dinah!

I think people say to only have sex every 2-3 days when TTC is so the man can "build up enough sperm". The fact of the matter is, it only takes one sperm to meet the egg to make a baby so it doesn't matter how much goes in. I say, since you all have the time and energy to be rabbits, enjoy! I will envy you from afar. :haha:

Hi girls-

I'm stalking your thread from the TTC boards, got room for one more? I really appreciate the laid back attitude here!

i must say i am a former ttc'er and i do still go to the rooms but i couldnt handle the stress. i would literally want to explode becuase i felt like nothing was going as plan. so im going to let mother nature run its course, whenever it happens it happens. but i want that to be now lol

i must say i am a former ttc'er and i do still go to the rooms but i couldnt handle the stress. i would literally want to explode becuase i felt like nothing was going as plan. so im going to let mother nature run its course, whenever it happens it happens. but i want that to be now lol

I am still going back and forth between the two; I'm caught in the middle somewhere, but I've got to relax! lol

I never imagined that anyone else felt the same way......:shrug:

ot- i'm very disappointed that switzerland came last in the eurovision :nope: Blue did us proud! :thumbup:

I got a book on conception (wanted to know if I should be doing anything other than taking folic acid) by Zita West (Harley Street fertility expert) and she says it takes 30 goes to empty a man of sperm so the concept that you should save it up is ludicrous. I couldn't help wondering if there is a man on earth who can go 30 times in one day! Then again she does propose some crazy things in the getting pregnant hunt including eating nothing that came wrapped in foil or plastic, throwing away the microwave, eating no dairy (but NHS guidelines say calcium is even more important in pregnancy, and you'd have to eat nearly 2kg of kale per day to get your requirements if you didn't eat dairy!) and taking lots of wierd tree bark teas.

I didn't watch eurovision, we only own a tv as one of mums colleagues gave it to us when she got a flat screen - I think she thought we were some poor unfortunate mites who couldn't afford one! It hasn't been on since January though so I think our original idea that we didn't really have time for tv and there are more fun things to do with our time was pretty spot on.

I think a chat group sounds like a great idea.

The "scared of the TTC room" group, LOL. I'll join!!

I dared to look in 'there' the other day and was seriously overwhelmed... :haha:

A group sounds good :thumbup: I'll definately join x

I don't want to go in the TTC room either...so I've come back in here..it's too intense I think! I just want to go with the flow :)

I agree, I agree! I've never been in any of the TTC section before, as I was already pregnant when I found this site. Now we're contemplating Number Two Baby, so I dropped in to the 'TTC over 35' thread, being 43, and ran away again, wondering whether I'd actually gatecrashed the chatroom of the Large Hadron Collider by mistake. I have literally never seen so many technical terms, acronyms and medical brand names being thrown around so thick and fast in such a small space, and the background level of stress seems to be up to high doh. Staying here, if you youngsters don't mind!

I thought it was only me! Joined on Thursday and felt VERY overwhelmed by the TTC forum, it seems much calmer here.

(............and breathe!)

Hi girls-

I'm stalking your thread from the TTC boards, got room for one more? I really appreciate the laid back attitude here!

Absolutely! The more, the merrier! xx I'd love the idea of group. I'd second Polaris' suggested name :thumbup:, or the idea of calling it the 'thread of calm'. :haha: Feeling really upbeat about this all now. Thanks ladies! xxx

Let me know the name of the group we want ladies and I will make it! :thumbup:

Made the mistake of watching One Born Every Minute tonight and I think I've changed my mind and would like to get a puppy instead....much less mess and pain involved! :wacko: Only kidding - but I'll seriously have to do some Positive Thinking lol.

:haha: Amiee, I think puppies are way more work than a newborn. Not only do they pee all over the floor but you have to take them for walks too. With a newborn you can stay in the house for weeks if you want. :haha:

:haha: Amiee, I think puppies are way more work than a newborn. Not only do they pee all over the floor but you have to take them for walks too. With a newborn you can stay in the house for weeks if you want. :haha:

Your argument is very persuasive - hubby has just pointed out though that at least with a puppy you can walk! lol :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->