Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

Ladies, I'm currently 11weeks 4days pregnant. I started bleeding Tuesday evening. It was just pouring out no stopping it although it wasn't accompanied by pain it was more a discomfort. I called 111 who sent an ambulance straight away.
To cut a long story short the hospital didn't do much as there was no one around to scan me so they sent me home still bleeding and none the wiser as to what was happening to my body and my baby. They instead booked me to go in for a scan on Friday (tomorrow)... of course I couldn't wait... I needed to know my baby was safe.
I passed 3 large clots and believed it was all over.
I woke yesterday morning and booked in at a private scan place. They scanned me and there was baby bouncing around, heart beating away perfectly. The sonographer said she could see the bleed and noted it as a subchorionic hematoma that was measuring 4cm x 1.99cm. Unfortunately they're not allowed to give too much info but what she did say is baby is unaffected right now, it all depends if the bleed is going to affect the placenta and cause it to detach from where it implanted. I have attached a couple of pictures from yesterdays scan. I stupidly didnt ask where the bleed is on the scan nor where my placenta is on the scan... do any of you ladies know by looking at my scans?
I am still bleeding and passing clots

View attachment 1064700 View attachment 1064702
It looks like placenta under baby & bleed on the left. Which is good as away from placenta x

Hi just to update, we had a look at baby today and all looks perfect. There is no sign of a bleed now and they think it was the 2nd sac basically leaving the body, in other words miscarrying the twin that didnt make it. We knew from the get go that the 2nd twin didnt make it so it's been a relief to know that was the bleed and nothing more serious and baby is actually safe.

I feel so much relief right now x

I think the bleed is under your placenta like mine was.......but this is not all bad news. It is much smaller than your baby by the looks of it on the scan. Not sure where your placenta is relating to the outside as that is mainly determined by which way up you are holding the ultrasound probe during scanning and I only do limited stuff for trauma and cardiac, no obstetrics. My guess is that your placenta is posterior, which is the least likely to be involved in any complications. I could be wrong though!

It’s good to be bleeding in a way, as it means the haematoma is finding it’s way out rather than being trapped and getting bigger and stripping off more placenta.

I bled first at around 6 weeks a bit and then had a terrifying large bleed at 11 weeks resulting in scrubbing red footprints off the carpet. I didn’t stop bleeding at any point till about 18-20 weeks, with one other fairly large bleed at I think about 13 weeks, and am now being kept awake by a pea shoot doing some kind of sprint cycling practice in my tummy at almost 35 weeks. I passed clots for weeks, bled every colour you can think of and thought it would never stop!

Try and stay positive, rest up, keep hydrated, no lifting anything heavy etc. Likely the medical folk will be totally uninterested as there is nothing that they can do to change the course of events. The medical literature proves nothing except to tell us that bigger haematoma compared to baby size as a % is higher risk (>50% baby size), and that second trimester haematoma are more risky (yours is a first trimester so much better). The only eventual significant increased risks providing things go well is of pre term labour which increases by 1% or so from 1-2ish % and a similarly small increase in risk of post partum haemorrhage. Most of the SCH resolve by themselves by start of third trimester. Mine was massive (much bigger than 50% of baby size on my second scan in early second trimester) and growing at that point) and took a bit longer, but finally absent by the 32 week scan.

Keep your chin up and make it past the first hurdle of 12 weeks!

Pleased to say that after my large SCH and all that went with it today I delivered a lovely healthy baby girl Lowri Haf, 10lb 8oz by semi elective Caesarian after failed induction at 39+6. Was a great experience and we are delighted!

Pleased to say that after my large SCH and all that went with it today I delivered a lovely healthy baby girl Lowri Haf, 10lb 8oz by semi elective Caesarian after failed induction at 39+6. Was a great experience and we are delighted!
Congratulations! What a beautiful name too <3

I have a question for you ladies . I was diagnosed on dec 9th with a sch . I had mild spotting but dec 19th i started bleeding red and passing clots at my ultrasound you can see the sch on the right of my ultrasound . It is monday now and day 6 of bleeding . We saw a heartbeat dec 19th . What is the longest bleeds you ladies had from these ? I have only passed clots no placenta or baby so far so I think bean is ok . I have another ultrasound thursday :) I am not filling pads but more like a medium af type of bleeding its red and some brown. No cramping either. I called my dr and they said to wait it out for nowif i fill a pad an hour for 3 hours go to the er

20191219_103232.jpg

Hello Ruskiegirl.

I’m sorry you are going through the uncertainty of an SCH. I can only tell you my experience and everyone is different.
At 6+1 I gushed red blood. I went to A&E and was told my cervix was still closed. I had no cramps or pain, just a lot of blood. I filled a few pads that evening.
I had a scan at 6+3 and saw a heartbeat. I had 2 more follow up scans over the next 2 weeks and we saw a massive haematoma. It was still there at my 12 week scan but gone by 16 weeks.
I bled on and off for 2 weeks (lots of gushes, some clots but no pain) and it was horrible. I was totally sure I was going to lose the baby.
I didn’t and she is now 15 months old.

My advice is to keep an eye on the amount of blood, but don’t give up hope. I’ve heard so many positive stories after really quite heavy bleeding. I rested for a day or 2, but not bed rest as I had a 1 year old who needed me. After that, I resumed normal activities.

I hope all is fine and you can enjoy Christmas. <3

Hey I know this is an old thread
With so much help here
I was wondering if anyone was stil active on here
Need some help please guys

I’m still reading. How can I help?

Hiya@elliecain
Do you know I’m not even sure any more
I’ve been bleeding since my scan last Friday where baby was seen and heart beat
They noted a bleed under baby
I’ve never had this before in other 3 pgs
so bleeding for 4/5 days now
Like gushing
I’ve another scan this friday
Just hoping it’s Sch blood
Nothing has passed clotting or baby it’s just blood
Any help would be great ? Or just a chat
Thank you

Sorry, been at work all day.
With my second, I bled so much and was terrified. I didn’t have any cramping though, and my cervix was closed (I had an internal exam). They said my tummy was soft too. Do you have any cramping?
I bled a lot for a day and then on and off for a couple of weeks. Was your scan an internal one? That can sometimes irritate things and lead to more bleeding. I hope you get good news on Friday xxx <3

Sorry, been at work all day.
With my second, I bled so much and was terrified. I didn’t have any cramping though, and my cervix was closed (I had an internal exam). They said my tummy was soft too. Do you have any cramping?
I bled a lot for a day and then on and off for a couple of weeks. Was your scan an internal one? That can sometimes irritate things and lead to more bleeding. I hope you get good news on Friday xxx <3

Thanks for getting back to me
I gave odd cramps but not lots
I did have an internal but I’m sure it was already starting when I went it
It’s been going since Friday
Ive tried to rest as much as possible
Ive spent a lot of today in bed
I passed some clots this avo and it seems to have slowed up now

Sorry I’ve been so rubbish at replying. How did the scan go today?

I just followed your name and found other posts. I’m so sorry to read that you lost your baby. <3

Really hope someone can help me here. At 9w I had a bright red gush of blood and a large clot. I was told I had a hematoma. I spotted brown pretty much since then.

I had my 12 week scan yesterday and saw a very wriggly baby.

Today in the shower I was sick, then had a quick stabbing pain that only lasted a second. Around an hour later I was losing red blood again. I’m really worried that the bleed has gone from red, to brown for weeks and now back to red that something is wrong. Can anyone reassure me please? We have a scan booked for Monday

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->