School and pregnancy

maggz

Cautiously Pregnant w/ #1
Reaction score
Hey girls!
I was wondering have any of you been in the middle of a semester when you had a baby? I'm due April 16th and my finals don't start until a month later! Most of the professors I have now have strict attendance rules but obviously I won't know yet for spring semester.
Did your professors cut you some slack around your due date? Did you pass everything?
I have 4 classes left (after this semester) to get my associates and I really don't wanna put it off any longer!
Ahh I'm just stressing a little that they're all gonna be like "well if you can't be here don't expect to pass" or something.
Please tell me this will be doable! :)

I am due April 26th. I am supposed to graduate with my BSW May 16th. My professors are all amazing. Though I will have the same professors in the spring. They are letting me start my internship early since I am loosing time at the end. I was also told that if I can't finish before graduation I can walk and finish up the requirements over the summer and they will confer the degree with the August graduation.

School and pregnancy has been rough this semester and Ive missed a lot due to being extremely sick but luckily I have great classmates and professors so they've all been so helpful.

It's doable. Just be honest with your professors at the start of next semester. I can't imagine them not working with you. Even my nastiest professor this semester has waived her attendance requirement for me!!

That sounds amazing! I don't think they'd let me finish over summer, but I think it's doable to keep up with classes with a newborn though, especially since it's not that long. I can just hope my professors will be as understanding as yours! That's smart getting them to waive the attendance requirements. Must do that next semester.
Thank you Christina :hugs:

I did better in university after I had DD. I think I knew that I had to put 100% effort into studying and writing papers in the limited time frame I had.

I had her mid-November and finished a semester Dec 18th. I passed everything and all of my professors let me write my exams after Christmas when people were writing deferred exams and re-writes. It all worked out.

Can you talk to someone in the student union or an advisor so you have an advocate on your side if any profs aren't accommodating?

Yeah I'll probably talk to a counselor when I register for next semester's classes, see if they have any protocols or anything.
Thanks!

im currently in school and pregnant. theres also some other pregnant girls in my class but they are farther along and im not sure what their plan is.

a year ago when i wasn't pregnant at this time of year, a girl actually had her baby near the end of the semester and came back in class maybe a month or so later with the baby in a carseat carrier and took her final exams with the baby. the baby wasn't too fussy and was practically a newborn sitting on the floor beside her in the carrier. but also our teacher at the time would bring her own young daughter in and she would stay the entire class period. maybe she was lenient about it. either way, i know she loved babies and that's probably why she encouraged the girl to bring her baby in for the remainder of class sessions that year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->