School phoning me to pick up "sick" son can I refuse?

CormacksGirl

Mum to Adam & #2 on the w
Reaction score
So the school has phoned me on numerous occasions to pick up my son because he is I'll, only for me to pick him up and he is jumping about the foyer full of beans!

The phonecalls are normally he's been very sick, he is complaining of tummy ache, he looks very pail or he's had toilet accidents! I go in to pick him up and he'll come running up to me saying can we go home and play Minecraft all smiles, or he'll ask for sweets on the way home and eat his packed lunch box as soon as we're in the door! He's absolutely fine but will have to keep him off for 48 hours when he has been 'sick'! Can I just say no I'm not picking him up? I feel like he's just having them on so he can come home! Or that they can't cope with him ( he is autistic and can be a handful at times)and want him out the way!

P.s if he is genuinely I'll then fair enough I'll pick him up or keep him off!

I understand the school feeling they need to call you, and I think in current circumstances they can't take chances and I'd be surprised if they accept being told no by yourself. I wonder if your son has learned to play the school a bit knowing they will call you. Might it be worth a trip to the GP next time it happens rather than going home? That way if he gets the all clear the school should have no reason to let him back the following day - and he realises your taking it all very seriously...

As mentioned above. I would be picking him up and straight to GP get the all clear and straight back to school. They probably are obligated to call and ask you to get him but shouldn’t have a problem taking him back once the doctor has cleared him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->