Schools Out For Summer !

Babybump87

Reaction score
Now that the majority of schools here in the U.K. finish for summer this week , what do you have planned to keep the children entertained and keep your sanity ? :haha:

Mine are not off till Thursday afternoon. We wanted to go visit my mum in Switzerland but stupidly didn't realise that the boys' passports run out in August and according to the new laws following Brexit, passports have to be valid for at least another 6 month from the travel date. :dohh: I sent off applications and the old passports etc but who knows how long it will take. The lady at the post office said 3 weeks but yeah...
So I am not sure what we are going to do. I looked at airbnbs in Cornwall and Devon but the prices made my eyes water. I guess it will have to be local stuff, like Kew Gardens, maybe going down the Thames again by boat to the Tower or possibly even Greenwhich. Then of course there are all those half price tickets for all sorts of attractions on cereal boxes too that might be worth doing. :-k

How about you?

We recently turned half our garage into a home gym, once the rest is cleaned out it'll have more stuff and be a "games" room as well, so far the games side of it consists of a football table but I'm thinking possibly adding a pool table later and a darts board.
We plan to have 1 day out a week where we cab between us both working. We live across from a park too, and the boys are excited to have the older 2 home to play with them so hopefully that'll help a bit.

Mine are not off till Thursday afternoon. We wanted to go visit my mum in Switzerland but stupidly didn't realise that the boys' passports run out in August and according to the new laws following Brexit, passports have to be valid for at least another 6 month from the travel date. :dohh: I sent off applications and the old passports etc but who knows how long it will take. The lady at the post office said 3 weeks but yeah...
So I am not sure what we are going to do. I looked at airbnbs in Cornwall and Devon but the prices made my eyes water. I guess it will have to be local stuff, like Kew Gardens, maybe going down the Thames again by boat to the Tower or possibly even Greenwhich. Then of course there are all those half price tickets for all sorts of attractions on cereal boxes too that might be worth doing. :-k

How about you?

I did this! Booked Zacs Rome trip for next year and was pleased his passport didn't run out until the end of next year, then noticed the entry requirements state it must be valid for 3 months after the date you leave. His falls short by 10 days so will have to renew. Just lucky I spotted it now really.

Oh wow all this business with passports it’s crazy ! DH actually turns 40 in 2024 and I’ve been looking at some holidays ! The children will all need a new passport and myself and DH will need to be renewed ! So maybe that’s something I should think about too. I hope they come handy Angel but sounds like you have some wonderful plans anyway .

Those 2for1 are great . Some you need to book in advance and some are for on the day only so be sure to check when you buy !

Sounds amazing mother ! I’d love that in my house . Kids would go crazy ahah . We are doing the same as you . One big day out a week then local things in between so far I’ve got

Our weekly day out
local seaside on train
safari park
Theme park / amusement park
Aquarium

In between
Swimming
Rock painting / hiding
Local parks
Bike riding

That sounds good! I really should check and see if we could go to the seaside somewhere too. It isn't toooo far from London I guess. I just hate crowds so it will not be Brighton :haha:

The weather has been pretty awful up here in the north since the heatwave ended !

The weather is awful here in the North West. We went to Waterworld yesterday when it was raining as it was indoors. We have other plans but it's all outdoors stuff so we need to wait for the weather to be decent.

It's been a bit hit and miss here. Lively day followed by rain :haha:
Saturday my mum is taking the eldest 2 boys to an event in London so I've said I'll take the middle 2 to the cinema.

What are you going to watch? We just saw Lightyear and all absolutely loved it! So I could recommend that.

Super Pets. Nate has decided he doesn't want to see that though and wants to wait for when I take the others to Jurassic World so its just me and Seth on Saturday now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->