Scottish ladies - bank holiday tomorrow?

J04NN4

Mum of Felix
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've recently moved to Scotland and have seen conflicting reports about whether or not tomorrow is actually a bank holiday! Also having spent a lot of time up here in the past, at least in this area they seem to pay less attention to bank holidays than in England. Basically I'm wondering if my Post Office is likely to be open? I'm self employed and that's the main part of my job so if not I get most of the day off :happydance:

tax credit payments to people were made early in view of the bank holiday, not sure if the post offices are open

Depends where in scotland you are. Im in Dundee, the Trades holiday comes to an end this weekend, it started two weeks ago which is when we had our bank holiday. I know the edinburgh trade fortnight is a differnt time to ours so they have a differnet bank holiday to ours.

I know that doesnt help much but the answer really is that in some places it is and in others its not for this one im afraid.

it was a public holiday in Dundee at the start of the fortnight, not a bank holiday

the official summer bank holiday in scotland is tomorrow

https://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/People/bank-holidays/

It's not down as a post office holiday up here until the 27th August, so unless it's a local holiday all post offices will be open.

https://www.royalmail.com/delivery/mail-advice/public-holidays

public holiday/bank holiday same difference no?

Everyhitng was shut two weeks ago everythings open tomorrow. My work paid the bank holiday payments two weeks ago and arent paying it tomorrow. Those are pretty much the two things that define a public/bank holiday for me

no its not the same thing. the public holiday was a local holiday whereas the bank holiday is an official holiday

if your work altered payments when the Dundee fortnight started it would have been due to things at their end, not the banks

Yeh like I said these are the things that define a public/bank holiday FOR ME.

They affect my life in the same way and so FOR ME they are the same thing.

And my work arent some small local company they are a multinational company for which i am a manager, Im aware that they make local payments based on their 'end' and not on the banks, thanks.

i don't think there was any need for that : (

the thread wasn't about what it was FOR YOU

the op asked about the holiday which ment the actual legal holiday not just what it ment for you

i explained about the difference to the op and there was absolutely no need for you to jump in all defensive and arrogant

I wasnt being defensive till you tried to make me sound like im an idiot because i dont see a difference between public or bank holidays. Your explanation was about the dundee holiday so was aimed at me.

I'm not arrogant i just hate being made to feel like im being called stupid

My post was never intended to make you feel like an idiot, merely to clarify to the OP regarding the holiday???

I think you have turned this into something a tad personal which was uncalled for. The post regarding the holiday in dundee 2 weeks ago was not directed at you at all, the response was given in order that the OP wasn't confused about when the official bank holiday is

I apologise to the OP as I only wanted to make sure the correct facts were given

Woah this has got a little out of hand, never expected that when I started a thread about the Post Office :haha: No need to apologise suzib.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->