Scout Camp at 35 weeks??

Babo

Expecting first baby boy!
Reaction score
I'm a Cub Scout Leader and due in August with our first baby.

Now what with the summer creeping up (supposedly although this is the UK so who knows what will happen!) the other leaders and I have been discussing and planning a summer camp for our Cub Pack.

Date we have decided on is 12-14 July. Now the issue, I'll be 35 weeks pregnant. Now we've already decided on a venue for the camp that will mean we'll be using outside instructors etc. so I won't be so actively involved in running activities for the 20 odd cub scouts that we'll have with us. I've also said that I'll run the kitchen and be in charge of meals so I won't be going on hikes or anything and will still be near my car in the event of something happening!

In my opinion the tough bits are going to be sleeping as camping for two nights with quite a significant bump isn't going to be the easiest. But does anyone else think I'm possibly better to say that I'll go home in the evenings and drive back and forth? Although that would increase the time in the car which probably isn't good either. Husband didn't seem hugely keen on me going but knows better than to argue with me regarding Scouts as one of the old men leaders has already been making me feel useless and telling me when I can and can't come back so it's a bit of a sore subject!

Personally I wouldnt go- you never know what is going to happen. What if you fall? Go into labour? Your hardly going to want to climb into the car and drive off into the sunset are you?

I would go...and enjoy! Bring a little blow up mattress if you need it, but sounds like pretty 'tame' camping :)

I'd go too, bring as many pillows and comforts as you need. If you're not hiking and climbing etc I don't see a problem. My mum was a scout leader she always had such a ball at camps.

Also, I'm sure one of the other leaders could drive you somewhere if need be.

From my point of view it is pretty tame like you say. They're only Cubs so 8-10 years old. They'll be off kayaking and pioneering but I won't have to do any of that anyway. The biggest thing is will be about 45 mins - 1 hour away from home so about that far from the hospital. I have another midwife appointment before then anyway so I will doublecheck with her. Think the worst bit will be the comfort element! There's usually quite a bit of standing around so will need to make sure I have my camping chair to hand!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->