ScrapHappy Scrapbookers

I love making scrapbooks :D im not half as good as the others who've posted pics tho!! I made my mum a family tree one for mothers day :D I do cards aswell, i cant remember the last time i bought a ready made card in a shop :haha:

I love scrapping as well. haven't done it for the past two years as I'm finishing up Grad school. Can't wait to start after I'm done and I hope I have time when i'm preggers too...I'm one of those that has a whole stash (drawers and drawers full!) but not enough time! I need to post some pics and show you guys, really, my hubby gave me a whole dresser drawer I keep next to my office desk and it's gotten pretty bad...every card and xmas tag goes in there "for the scrapbook!" It's a running joke in our household!:haha:

Ohhh I love scrapbooking I tried to post some LO's here and got given a timeout because I didn't have10 posts ophhhss!:wacko: Great LO's ladies

Here are a few od my LO's - enjoy! Cannot wait until I get to make a pregnancy scrapbook :cloud9:

Attachments

• A Few Good Men resized.jpg
    A Few Good Men resized.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Daddy Cool.JPG
    Daddy Cool.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 27
  • LBD.jpg
    LBD.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 28
  • The Usual Suspects resized.jpg
    The Usual Suspects resized.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Wet n Wild.JPG
    Wet n Wild.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 27
They're really good! I too wanna make a pregnancy one lol

Oh they are great princess LV I'll pop my pregnancy journal up later!

Thanks ladies, they are my pride and joy - I show everyone :haha: Currently working on a Baywatch themed page to go alongside the "Daddy Cool" lo, excited to get that finished! Took me aaages to find suitable papers for it though, as I'm another one who hoards stuff away and forgets what's there... to make matters worse I got carried away online shopping today and bought another £40s worth of stash :blush: x x

https://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/cache/318089/april0032_7.jpg
https://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/cache/318089/april004_7.jpg
This is how I told DH and my parents (I gave them a photo frame with a picture of the test saying replace in 9 months!) and got a photo of their reaction :thumbup:

Is this thread still going? Somebody to talk to about scrapbooking would be nice.. I'm wanting to make a few for special events :) xx

Wow! scrapbooking looks soo cool I am so arty and i love crafts - this sounds like a really dumb question but how do you scrapbook ?

Ummmm lol can't really describe how exactly, but I always start with the photos, and let them lead the page. You want to try and reflect what the photos mean to you on the page if that makes sense. Then you need to pick a base for everything, this can be patterned or plain, just try and match it to your photos. Then follow up with some additional papers, either plan or patterned to hilight what you have so far. Add some journalling - ie dates, the story behind the pictures, names, places etc. Then a title, which again should reflect the photos. And finally add some embellishments as finishing touches - these can be anything from buttons and ribbons to momentos of the day like tickets.

Hope that helps you get started, it's really difficult to tell someone exactly how to scrapbook, as everyone likes to create their pages in different ways. If you get stuck for inspriration, try using a "sketch." This takes all the hardwork out of it, as it gives you a design to work from. If you google "Got Sketch," there are a lot of good ones on there, which you can completely copy if you like, or alter to suit your photos. Have fun! xx

I use post bound scrapbooking albums, as they are expandable, and come with plastic pockets to protect your work. You can also get ring binder style albums, or get hold of a bind-it-all and doe the binding yourself xx

Hi ladies,
When i started off many years ago i bought a complete kit off QVC, it was enough to get me started & decide what i liked & what i didn't. You can then start buying additional stash to add to your supplies, the good thing is there is no particular way to or not to scrapbook :thumbup:.
I really wanna start on a baby album but i can't find a set of neutral papers i like ggrrrr. So i'm still making layouts on canvasses for the nursery walls at the moment.
Here's one i did of my tortoises at the crop last week :thumbup: aww naff i can't re-size it properly, will try later x

hi all, I am also a scrapbooker - been doing it for a few years now.
Here's a couple of my pregnancy layouts, can't wait to get started on baby pics once he or she is here!
would love to see some more of everyone's pages :flower:

Attachments

• May 2010 - Sproglet (599 x 600).jpg
    May 2010 - Sproglet (599 x 600).jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 27
  • June 2010 - Disco Belly (600 x 600).jpg
    June 2010 - Disco Belly (600 x 600).jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Bump at 18 weeks (599 x 600).jpg
    Bump at 18 weeks (599 x 600).jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 27
I love your pages MrsN especially the sproglet one!

Ooooh very nice Mrs_N, i've not decided how to scrap my scan photo's yet - i'm struggling to find a paper range which i like to start Tufty's scrapbook, none of them are unisex so i'm waiting to find out what flavour we get. I do love the basic grey collections so i may go with one of those :thumbup:.
Are you on my facebook? I have a couple of my layouts on there :winkwink:

yeah I do have you on facebook limpets.
I tend not to do themed books as such - just chuck them all in randomly lol!
I do have a wedding scrapbook and a honeymoon one, but the layouts are all random rather than coordinated.

Hiya ladies
im doin a scrap book.
i would love ideas on lay out.
we got a plain hard backed book
]thanks
sarah

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members