screaming 1 year old plz help :(

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by erika112233, Jan 30, 2011.

1. erika112233

erika112233 Guest

hiya, just looking for some advise , are if any other mums have experienced this with there 16 month old baby .
    what it is my 16 month old screams the house downn every night round about 6ish and i mean its not a normal scream its really violent and ear piercing :( he also throws himself all other and bangs his head of things:( i dont know if its due to him not having an afternoon nap any more i just dont know what to do about it:( its really getting me down now:(

2. Sam9kids

Sam9kids Guest

It could be tiredness hun. My 2yr old likes to squeal and my other 2 yr old (they arent twins lol) has started shouting

My advice would be ignore as much as you can and try and distract instead. Maybe bring back a small nap too? x

3. erika112233

erika112233 Guest

thankyou:) i also think its tiredness, il after bring his afternoon nap back:)

4. MrsNovBaby

MrsNovBaby Well-Known Member

Lots of hugs - sounds hard!

5. Kitty23

Kitty23 Mummy to Poppy and Noah

:hugs: poor you. I second what sam says a little nap after lunch might help xxx

6. erika112233

erika112233 Guest

thankyou :) believe me hes been really hard lately i cant say NO! to him without him going histerical :( im thinking about taking him to the docs as it dosent seem normal to scream soo bad due to tiredness, i mean its violent :(

7. erika112233

erika112233 Guest

thankyou :) yh im going to try that one, just hope it helps :(

8. Bumpontherun

Bumpontherun Well-Known Member

Helen gets a bit like this in the evenings but much much worse if she hasn't had her nap. (she's nearly 14 months and still sleeps nearly 2 hours after lunch). She does the throwing herself backwards and banging her head thing, hits us if we come near her. I'm pretty sure it's tiredness with her as it doesn't tend to happen if she's well slept.

9. erika112233

erika112233 Guest

yer teejais the exact same :/ well il try give him an afternoon nap everyday now and see if it helps, itsjust he wont sleep lol :S but this also happens if you tell him no:S joys of motherhood eh :)