screaming when trying to poop and pass wind

Heather.78

Reaction score
hiya guys so as of last week Im now totally bf and the colic has gone but nicely in its place is the load crying and failing round of arms of legs when she is either trying to fart or poop, and ideas guys she does go loads prob 6 times a day and loads of wet nappies. its just a horrible cry that goes on for ages until she poops, when feeding her she will sometimes go when relaxed or she will come off the breast screaming because she wants to poo. she is a lovley well temper little girl I just hate seeing her in distress and knowing theres not much I can do to help, the only position she likes when she is like this is straight up over my shoulder like Im going to burp her. also because of this Ive sadly got into the habit of laying on the bed with her till she falls asleep and then tranfering her to her moses(bad habit I know but when shes been crying for ages Id do anything to get her to calm down and get some rest.

ps her poos are fine (when they come out nothing abnormal there)

:hugs: am so sorry to hear your LO is distressed, its so horrible when their destressed and your trying to help them :hugs: don't really have any advice, maddi has one or twice cried with pooing/wind, but i have found gripe water has cleared it. she is completely forumla feed so don't no if this makes a difference. hope some of the lovely ladies can offer some better advice :hugs:

thanks hun we invested in some old tried and tested gripe water not sure if its really helping it does help with the old burps though have you tasted it yuk the could have put some flavour in that stuff

My little girl has had trouble pooping now since she was 2 weeks old...She isn't constipated her stools are quite loose and healthy looking once she gets them out! I've tried everything from massages, the bicycle, colic drops, gripe water (works the best), I've even tried to change my breastfeeding patterns so that I don't over work her little digestive system. Block feeding system seems to help the most because I have a forceful let down, which leads to extra gassyness and foamy poop.

She is now four months old and we are still having the same problems, her doctor doesn't take it very seriously...he just sais that its normal and use colic drops. I want a second oppinion...the cries that she makes are so bloodcurdling that there must be something wrong...its definately not normal! I thought she would have grown out of it by now...and i worry about introducing solids at the 6 month mark, i fear it will make matters worse.

does any body have some sort of hopefull story about their little ones growing out of this....or mabe think there is something wrong internaly?

My son is like this too, some days worse than others. I breastfeed and I have tried cutting caffene and dairy out of my diet but it doesn't seem to make a difference. My various solutions at the moment:

- occasionally some infacol before his last feed before bed just to make nighttimes a little easier
- changing his position, when he is on his back holding his legs up a little or moving them around
- lying him on his tummy for a short time
- bouncing him on my knee
- when he is sleeping and starts writhing around like he is straining, I stroke his head or his feet
- lots of cuddles and he does settle better in bed with me cuddling at night (as you say, bad habit but the easiest option at the moment)
- cuddling him into my chest until he settles then gently changing his position

These don't always work, but he has got a little better this last week and I don't know if it is one or all of the above that have helped or not. He is still crying sometimes when he has gas / bowel movements but not as often as he used too, he seems a little more tolerant. (for now lol)

I am sorry I can't help more... I know how draining it is as my little man seems to have constant bowel movements and gas. :baby:

I hope it gets better soon. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->