Screen testing - Down ...Results

I didn't do it either. I didn't feel we needed the extra worry...we know we are going to love and want the baby regardless. So why worry?

We've waited too long and been through too much to give up now!

Congrats on your test results!
Who worried?

Its just preference to know the risk factor taking care of a child with a disability is hard work and not that it would make any difference to me carrying and loving my baby but being prepared incuding mentally prepared can't be a bad thing.

I never said YOU worried. I meant we didnt want to worry...since we were prepared for any outcome.

Sorry you clearly took such offence to my reply. No one was saying anything about your preference to know or not know.

I was just stating our choice.

My bad.

Regardless, congrats.

I prob worded that wrong, sorry. I meant I wasn't worrying really lol I guess it would worry some it does have a nervous feel to it must admit but for me I'd certainly have felt no different or gone that step further to find out as it can cause loss of baby. Just a peace of mind although still possible no matter the result.

I wasn't offended at all :D

I didn't have the test done because I wouldn't action any negative results but my family have all chosen to have the test during their pregnancies.

congrats on the good news. i am awiting my test results, which should hopefully be ok as they said i would have rcd a call by now if there was any need for concern. but im the same as you, it wouldnt affect our feelings but I believe it is better to be prepared.

x

Congrats on the results! I got my results a few days ago and mine were 1 in 16000 x

Great news Wobbles! I can't believe you are 18 weeks already! Time flies by.

xxx

I get mine on wednesay from my triple test. They said i will be 28 when the lo is born so for that age then its 1 in 1100. Ur results looks good:happydance:

Mine was 1 in 4100 which I was v pleased about seeing as I'm an aged old crone of 36!

Congrats :)

Mine was less than 1 in 10,000. The midwife said that that's as low as the computer can calculate :rofl:

Mine was 1 in 29,000 - makes me think that they got it wrong and added an extra zero, Midwife reviewed the result and just said "thats good then".

Congrats all.

wow you all had really good results!!! im only 28 I had the test and came back high risk at 1 in 44 which completely threw me, but had amnio and all is fine. Again like all of you have said it was for the reassurance thats all so that we could prepare.

Glad so many of you have had good news, its one less thing to be worried about xx

Mine was 1:5950 after nuchal scan and 1:22000 after triple test. Hopefully!
Congrats all!!

Mine was 1 in 24000.... I didnt even know it went that high but i was expecting to be low risk as im only 19 and have no history of any down syndrome on either side!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->