• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*scrreaaam

lil-star

Reaction score
After getting out of the incubator last week and off all drips and lines, came back in today to see him in the incubator again and a dirty long line in his arm. I just cried my eyes out, he was doing so well and feels like we will never get home. 8 weeks tomorrow and it feels like forever. They thought it was bronchitis but the xray was clear so now they think it might be rsv. It's always 3 steps forward 2 steps back isn't it:cry:

Awwww hun i feel for you
My premmie got to the going home stage & then had a massive apnea and ended up back in ic :(
Such a journey hun but he'll fight it off there stronger then you think hun
keep your chin up & sending lots of get well soon vibes to baby
xxxxx

hun i really feel for you. I remember when we were in hospital olly would sort his jaundice out, but then weight dropped, and then back on the bed for jaundice and had to be tube fed again when we had just started to get BF sorted, it was awful, there was one day where lots of things went wrong and we literally went back to how he was when he was born almost, I cried for the whole weekend.
I know it is hard, and all I can offer you is hugs and tell you that it will be ok, I know it might seem like that is what everyone is telling you, but olly is now 11 weeks old and doing so well. I look back at his photos when we were in hosp for those 2.5 weeks and I just cant believe it.
I really hope your LO is ok and home soon, huge hugs xxx

Hey hun i know just how you feel, we had the ready to go home moment 3 times before we actually got to take Ella home. Each time we were being told she was being discharged she'd aspirate and end up back on oxygen and need another op, its so disheartening but you will get home with your LO soon

Oodles of hugs and hope he makes a very very fast recovery xx

Ohhh mommy sorry to hear about the setback hoping for a very fast recovery

Oh honey :( please be assured that I do think this happens with a lot of preemies (although I know that won't make you feel better :( )
My LO got transferred to the nursery at another hospital, almost ready to go home and I got a 4am phonecall that he'd been transferred back to ICU, incubator, long line, nil by mouth etc.. the good news is he improved quickly and came home a week later.
Things happen SO quickly in NICU/SCBU, I hope you soon have your lil man home and well xx

ps, I always told myself LO was getting everything out of the way before coming home so he could STAY at home :) x

It looks like it was a virus so off antibiotics tmrw if all comes back clear. He ripped his tube out and I told the nurse he has been taking all his feeds by bottle the last few days and he didn't need it :) so she left it out...for now. I'm sure it will be back in again tmrw but for now it's one to me!

:hugs: hun, sorry to hear you've had a set back and fingers crossed that he's back on track soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->