Sealing Teeth

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
This must be a new thing but you can get sealants put on a child's teeth to prevent cavities. I was suggested this for my son's new adult molars that have come through.

Adults can have this done as well.

https://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2017510/sealants_to_prevent_cavities.html

Not new :) I had mine done when was in grade school, in about '93 or '94. I did get a couple of cavities as a kid, but I think I had the sealant done after that to prevent more. I think it wears off after a certain number of years though?

I have my molars sealed, and I am cavity-free. :) I'm definitely getting this done with Elyse.

Not new hun, Dan has had all his adult molar teeth fissure sealed and Dec will to, the only problem with them is that they can keep falling out !!! Dan has had to have 3 redone and now that we have to pay for them it is expensive.

i had my teeth fissure sealed when i was a kid and i have no fillings. i'm definitely getting fin's done asap. xx

i always had mine done when i was little. They get checked at your 6 month cleaning and replaced if they have worn out :)

I was just at the dentist yesterday, and they commented (since I have many fillings -- grew up in the 1970's) how much better kids do now, with the sealants. My daughter (with sealants) has just 1 filling, at 14. I probably had... a dozen. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->