Seats on a plane

J

Jade--x

So we're off to book our seats on the plane today and we still haven't decided how is best to sit :dohh:

I know everyones preference on front/back near the wing/away from the wing is different but just thought I could get some advice from a parenting perspective :)

Where is best to sit on the plane if you have children (we've heard bulkhead seats have move room but I've never really looked)

There's going to be 6 of us and a baby so we'll have 2 rows of 3 seats..Are we better sitting 3 in front and 3 behind the other 3 or 3 on the left of the aisle and 3 on the right of the aisle IYKWIM?

My mum wants to sit kind of all in a line so my oldest LO can see everyone and is less likely to be climbing over seats but I was thinking behind each other would be better? That way if he were to climb over seats it would only be us he was bothering and not other passengers..

I'd go with your Mum's feedback.... not sure if the airline attendants would let LO climb over the seats due to health and safety reasons. But than again... if kiddies wanted to play about with the reclining seats then maybe 3 behind 3 would be another idea - so you could at least use the front 3 seats so it won't frustrate other passengers.

Some airlines don't sort your seats out until you check in. Me and hubby kicked up a fuss about that one cus they were going to split us both up (ON OUR HONEYMOON!!!!) cus we hadnt ordered in flight food (for a 4 hour journey!)

Another idea would be also to have lots of sucky sweets and headphones for the ear popping time when landing.... some kids can SCREAM the place down! And make things rather awkward for the parents because its not the best of noises for other people when they're ears are going mental too... xxx

Anyway that you are together is my aim usually lol. The last time we went away i was on my own with Esther and about 10 rows in front OH and Daniel were placed, however OH was on the aisle seat and Daniel was in the down opposite but right at the other end by the window!!!! We had to spend the whole 2 hour flight like that as no-one was prepared to move for OH and Daniel (i wasn't bothered so much by me being away from the 2 of them).

I would probably prefer 3 in front of the other 3 but i wouldn't allow them to climb over. Mainly because they won't necessarily understand that they can climb over one way but not the other.

I didn't mean literally climbing over the seat my mistake on use of words :) I mean like standing up and looking backwards and throwing his toys over the top of the seats like he did the last time we flew lol.

I got told to give LO a bottle of either milk or water on takeoff and landing to help with ear popping as he'll only be 15 months and I'm worried about him choking on sweets. The oldest is fine with things like that other than they can send him a little hyper so he doesn't have them very often.

We've never had a problem being split up to be honest but family of our have just come back and they were split up with children so we decided to pay extra to make sure we are together as there'll be my 2 LO and my brothers only 9. Plus we get online check in included so no long check in queues which is really helpful with 2 little ones

Ah ok - definitely have 3 and 3 in front then.

I've never taken anything for either of mine when we've flown and they've always been fine. I've flown with mine being 12weeks, 8months, 13months, 23months, 3 1/2 years and onwards. None of those times were they bothered by the ear popping thing. The bottle of milk is a good idea though just to make sure.

My oldest flew at 18 months and was a little terror. He screamed the entire 4 and a half hours the only time he wasn't screaming when when he was talking to the little girl sat behind us and her family who luckily didn't mind him throwing things over. My youngest has never flown so this is his 1st time and I'm hoping he's better than his brother was lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->