Second babies if first was overdue?

IvyBaby

Reaction score
I was induced with my first daughter as she was 14 days overdue. Hoping things will go better this time, although I know that there is no guarantee. Just want to know if on average the second baby tends to come on time :)

*Bump*

I want to know this too!

I have been asking anyone I know with more than one baby about this, and I am getting mixed responses, so from what I am gathering its very hard to say.

I hope its not true though, I really don't want to go overdue again either
xx

I was induced 14 days over with my first and with my second I went in to labour at 9 days over had him at 10 days over =)

so far I'm 2 days late with my 2nd....

My DD was 2 days late and am still waiting for this one, she certainly wasn't on time!

I was induced 6 days over with my first and so far I'm over with this little madam lol xxx

I went 4 days over with my first and 12 days over with my second. just escaped induction second time around.

Any of you ladies that went overdue with second get a sweep?

overdue with first, overdue with second and will be overdue with 3rd.... I just know it.

Yeah I had a sweep on the friday after I was due but still didnt have him til the following wednesday.

I was induced with first and had 2 failed sweeps, having a sweep at 39 weeks this time, no signs yet, I'm 38+2 x

was 13 days overdue with first, my consultant said expect to go over with this one because i went over with first baby.. Having a sweep tomorrow so will see fingers crossed it gets things going

I am supposed to get a sweep today, as long as she can reach. She said at last visit I was 2 cm and 20-30% effaced and that if I don't efface more, she might not be able to do a sweep :(. Really hoping she can.

I was induced at 10 days over with dd. With ds, I had a sweep at 5 days over and he came that night. I am hoping I continue that pattern and cut another 5 days off, therefore going on my due date! I am having a sweep at 1 day over though, so will be happy if that works! I am only 32 weeks though, so have a while to wait yet anyway!

Good luck!!!

Thanks, ladies!

Seems I should not get my hopes up too much. Just hoping to avoid induction and experience a natural birth with minimum interference. :) This time I feel strong BHs which I did not have with my first and I am also producing much more colostrum. Maybe wishful thinking but I feel this time will be different.

Lexi did not even engage until the induction and MW could not do the sweep. I just remember myself walking and walking for hours, hoping it would bring on the labour lol haha...

I had my ds on his due date, after 2 sweeps, So far I am 2 days over with this one, had my second sweep today.. watching this space..

I was induced 12day's late with my first. I'm currently 10day's late and have to call up for a time to go in and be induced tomorrow

When i saw my consultant he said most babies follow trend, late first babies tends to mean late 2nd babies. Early first babies tends to mean early 2nd babies. Not ALWAYS though xxx

But at the same time you read everywhere something along these lines: It is not uncommon for the first babies to come late...
It kind of implies that second babies should come earlier :)
Confusing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->