Second Baby Girl Questions

mcwhmm

Reaction score
I got rid of literally ALL of DD's clothes except for last summers and winters (which she still fits into). I just went through her closet and was organizing some things and I got to thinking..

Do I just keep all of her clothes from now on?

Do I buy a new sheets and blankets, or just use DD's?

Should I just buy some totes and start saving??

I keep everything worth passing down.

Im Having my own 4th girl! I have always kept everything that wasn't stained. Hand me downs save us so much money!

I've kept everything from both my kids, our loft is literally packed with bags of clothes! I am not buying any new bedding, just a new mattress.

We've still got pretty much everything we had for our daughter, I only sold a few bits. They will be slightly different seasons, so new baby girl may need some extras, but we should generally be ok. We're reusing blankets etc.

Baby girl will even be born in the same season as DD Lol, but too bad I don't have any of her newborn-18 months clothes as we weren't even thinking about having another then and had NO room to be keeping everything. Just didn't know if I should get into the habit of doing so now.

I have to buy a new mattress because DD uses hers on her toddler bed and I may buy one extra set of sheets or so. I have 3-4 sheets but with working on night time potty training with DD, those can go fast :p I remember some incidents when she was a newborn too when I had to change the sheets constantly :p

As far as blankets, DD STILL sleeps with hers (Cotton Thermal "waffle" blanket). She has probably like 8 blankets just like this, just different colors. She doesn't have an attachment to any certain one. If one gets dirty, it goes in the wash and she has another one. I didn't know if I should buy a different type of blanket for baby girl or just buy another set of the ones like DD has? Her other bigger blankets she never touched so I'm definitely reusing those and her crib set.

We saved nothing. I just can't hold onto things I won't immediately need so I donated and handed down so much. Kicking myself in the butt but am now starting to hold onto dd2s stuff for dd3, it'll all be at best 3t plus lol so I have to buy it all new now lol.

But I agree if it's worth saving save it! Especially now that you know you're having another girl

We saved nothing. I just can't hold onto things I won't immediately need so I donated and handed down so much. Kicking myself in the butt but am now starting to hold onto dd2s stuff for dd3, it'll all be at best 3t plus lol so I have to buy it all new now lol.

But I agree if it's worth saving save it! Especially now that you know you're having another girl

Yeah.. I'm in the same boat. I have like little bits and pieces, maybe a few pairs of pants and shirts in 18m and 24m, but everything else I'm saving now 2t and she's in 3t now which I will be saving

I'm just waiting on the next value village thrift shop to have a 50% off day and I'm going to go bananas lol I don't buy new until they're in the clothes more then a month or two lol

I kept everything that wasn't stained too but as they were born in opposite seasons, I've had to buy dd2 a few newborn winter clothes, a thick cardigan and a few jumpers etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->