Second child?

Skywalker

Reaction score
Hello ladies! I'm just wondering if your pregnancy with your second child was different from the first and in what way? I'm asking because my first pregnancy was a bit different from this one in a few ways and I have heard subsequent pregnancies can be easier? I almost find myself wishing for my more intense (and yucky) pregnancy symptoms with my son because at least that felt like a reassurance that everything was progressing as it should, this pregnancy has had its nausea, heartburn, gas, tiredness, etc., but almost seems like I keep forgetting that I'm pregnant and then remember again lol

Hello ladies! I'm just wondering if your pregnancy with your second child was different from the first and in what way? I'm asking because my first pregnancy was a bit different from this one in a few ways and I have heard subsequent pregnancies can be easier? I almost find myself wishing for my more intense (and yucky) pregnancy symptoms with my son because at least that felt like a reassurance that everything was progressing as it should, this pregnancy has had its nausea, heartburn, gas, tiredness, etc., but almost seems like I keep forgetting that I'm pregnant and then remember again lol

Hi this is my second too and I keep weirdly forgetting. I have had a few symptoms but mainly only sore boobs and coughing until I wretch ( sorry gross I know) xxx

This is my second pregnancy. And I feel completely un-pregnant. I find pretending I'm not pregnant around other people really easy because I don't feel pregnant at all.

I'm so glad I'm not alone! I literally keep forgetting I'm pregnant. Maybe our bodies aren't as focused on it since we've already done it before? Lol

I feel diff this time round, slightly diff pg symptoms but generally im not thinking about it so i think thats why the weeks are flying by? I should embrace it really as this will probs be our last child together but im so pre occupied with my pre schooler, working p/t that i hardly think im pg half the time Lol

This is my second and feels totally different. With DS I felt absolutely fine bar some very short lived nausea in week 8/9 and sore boobs on and off.

This time I feel utter floored! I feel nauseous 24/7, I am shattered, I have food aversions, my boobs ache like hell for a week then nothing for a week (which obviously send me into a bling panic!)

I had a mc in August too and that pregnancy was different again - no sore boobs at all but boy was I gassy and bloated x

This is my second and feels totally different. With DS I felt absolutely fine bar some very short lived nausea in week 8/9 and sore boobs on and off.

This time I feel utter floored! I feel nauseous 24/7, I am shattered, I have food aversions, my boobs ache like hell for a week then nothing for a week (which obviously send me into a bling panic!)

I had a mc in August too and that pregnancy was different again - no sore boobs at all but boy was I gassy and bloated x

I am with you lol my first pregnancy was nothing and my symptoms always worried me because I hardly had any and very mild. This is my second and everything is 10 times more than my first. My breasts have doubled in size, ache 24/7 and have since I was 3 weeks, I hate food but I love it because I'm always hungry but constantly sick. It's kind of depressing me more this time because I barely get out of bed but I have a crazy toddler I still have to take care of. I'm a lot more emotional and getting slightly depressed this time whereas with my first I was just constantly worried I wasn't pregnant from my lack of symptoms. I'm hoping by second trimester I feel much better and more like myself :(

I feel diff this time round, slightly diff pg symptoms but generally im not thinking about it so i think thats why the weeks are flying by? I should embrace it really as this will probs be our last child together but im so pre occupied with my pre schooler, working p/t that i hardly think im pg half the time Lol

This! I totally relate to this. I am so preoccupied with my approaching 2 hr old and working full time as well as preparing for my wedding and helping my son recover from his surgery this past week, I am so beyond busy that I don't think about it a lot of the time. I only seem to remember when I feel weird twangs and have to get up at 5 to pee :haha: I have sore boobs and nausea that comes and goes, I guess it just takes second-seat to everything else I have on my to-do list lol. Glad to hear everyone's answers! Seems like everyone's preg symptoms this time around are better or worse but definitely different than heir first! With my son, I was vomitting from week eleven until almost half way through the second tri and occasionally in third tri, so I hope I don't get hit with symptoms again later on, but with my son, I was also falling asleep at 2pm every day the against 7 or 8pm and was soooo exhausted, sooo overly emotional, soooo nauseas, sooooo crampy, etc., granted I was in a very stressful and abusive environment at that time so maybe it made the symptoms worse. Either way, his preg seems so different already and it has me wondering if maybe this time I'm pregnant with a girl! :kiss::happydance:

Second pregnancy here and I actually think it's worse. Feeling as horrible as the first but without the rest and time to myself. Yesterday I had my head in the toilet vomiting while my 2 year old tried to climb my back asking over and over again what was I doing. The joys...

With my first I felt great. No tiredness, no morning sickness, no intense cravings. I did suffer from tailbone pain in the second trimester where she was laying on a nerve and severe constipation in the third trimester. Everything went smoothly until delivery when it took 2 hours to push her out and she arrived only 2 days before her due date. With my second, it was a completely different story. I was sick from 7 weeks to 15/16 weeks and tired the entire time, plus I was caring for my DD who was born only 3-4 months before I got my BFP (fell pregnant while on BC). I began to dilate early from my cervix not being healed from my previous birth and was put on bedrest from 28 weeks onward. I still went into labor early, at 37 weeks. He was a boy.

I dont feel very pregnant at all. I think its going quicker aswell. 1st time i was unemployed now im working full time

Morning sickness has been worse and my hip pain has started a few weeks earlier than with DS, everything else feels very similar though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->