Second pregnancies, notice a difference?

squirrel.

Happy mummy of three
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

For those of you who are on your secong pregnancy, have you noticed a difference to your first? I am noticing so many things earlier this time... or maybe I just forgot when they started last time. I only just found out and I'm still so early, but I've got 'symptoms' I didn't get till later last time: like food aversion, pure and utter exhaustion (fell asleep this afternoon, I actually couldn't help myself) and also super emotionality. I keep tearing up at everything!!!

Is anyone else finding the same? Maybe we just know what to look for.

I also worry about how soon I'll show. Last time I had really good stomach muscles, so I didn't show till around 25 weeks (and it was tiny). My muscles aren't the same since I had my son. I lost the weight, but my muscles aren't as strong and I saw no point in working out to get them back when I was just going to have another baby anyway! I know that means I'll show earlier this time, but a bit worried about when that'll happen. I don't want anyone at work to know until past 12 weeks.

x

Hi squirrel. i am on my 6th pregnancy and all i have noticed so far is having hunger problems and i have not felt hungry in years. I am telling parents straight away but everyone else is after 1st scan. xx

Hello hun. I'm dipping my toe into this forum too! :)

I'm definitely feeling different symptoms. I never had backache in my first pregnancy, and for two days now, my back is killing me. I've also been feeling on-and-off nausea which didn't start until 6 weeks with my first. My boobs aren't as tender this time, and I keep getting hot flushes, which I didn't really get the first time.

So many different things already!! :wacko:

Technically this is my third pregnancy, my first two were exactly the same, but this one I have got MS which I didn't at all before! Not actually been sick but terrible nausea! Also getting slight headaches which I didn't before. My mum reckons it might be because I have a child to keep me busy this time so I'm feeling it more lol, which i guess makes sense! No lie ins this time like last time!

According to my best friend I'm showing a lot already but it's all bloat plus the added "padding" that I didn't lose since having Emilia :rofl:

Mine is completely different. I had no symptoms with Indie, not one. But now i am so exhusted, like i wake up and 2 hours later want to fall asleep again. And MS is bad. Horrible. And i am showing, but trying to hide it.

Mine has been different sore boobs, sickness, pooing for England, spots and early spotting.

Lils sickness, tiredness, not being able to poo and cm creamy

earlier: MS at 4w (6w with 1st)
hip pain at 6w (12w with 1st)
MS ends at 9w (16w with 1st)

different: MS does not manifest as vomiting, only nausea and food aversion
preferring sweet to savoury
noticeably tender breasts

later: bloat bump appeared 12w (10-11w with 1st)

same: extreme exhaustion from 3w

My second pregnancy was completely different from my first, and my third pregnancy is completely different from both of them! I know people who've had the same exact symptoms at around the same time with all pregnancies, and I know people who've had similar pregnancies sometimes and different pregnancies other times, and I know people who've had completely different pregnancies every time - like me! It just depends on the person, the hormones, and how the body handles them! :)

When you show will definitely depend, too. I showed straight away with my second, and I've just started showing about two weeks ago - at 14 weeks - with this one! Sorry I am absolutely NO help. haha

Mine is different so far (though I'm only 4 weeks). I'd say symptoms are beginning way earlier (like 4-5 DPO). Cramping a lot worse, near constant back pain, burning sensation in nipples, heartburn, thirst, and sleepiness. My first pregnancy I had some AF-type cramps for a few days, then very tender breasts for about 8 weeks (felt bruised, not "burnt" like they do now)--nothing else. I felt a little queasy yesterday so I'm worried I'm going to get bad ms this go round (had only about 10 days of nausea last time). I have heard that people often experience symptoms sooner with each pregnancy. Maybe bc the body comes to recognize what's happening earlier?

I think it's a combination of knowing what to look for. Haha you all look like you're in the same boat with a toddler as well. I keep thinking oh my god I am dreading getting heartburn and all the later pregnancy symptoms I still remember so clearly! MS has been nasty with this one. Also craving savory not sweet. I'm not sure about showing, I know my muscles are not in as good of shape as they were in the beginning of my last pregnancy but I also know I don't plan on gaining 60 lbs again! So we will see about showing!

Seems like a lot of us are experiencing earlier symptoms. I am secretly hoping some of my previous experience stays the same as last time I avoided nausea and vomiting altogether! I didn't really have many symptoms at all last time, but I made up for it in the second half of pregnancy by having a problem with Braxton Hicks. I'd have them every fifteen minutes on good days and every three minutes on bad days from 26 wees till I gave birth. The midwives and doctors were stumped and just kept checking me for early labour. I went overdue in the end, but it was all very annoying and uncomfortable. I hope I avoid that this time!

x

Hi All,

This pregnancy is very different to my last ( 7 years ago)

Weeks and weeks of nausea this time compared to practically nothing last time. Very tired. I remember tiredness first time around but I don't think it was as bad. That could be down to only having myself t worry about then.

So emotional this time around...id cry at everything.
A lot of cm.

Also showing a lot earlier. Was very bloated from 5 weeks. First time around I had not even a pea sized bump til I was about 5 or 6 months.

Ive had spotting from 7 weeks in this pregnancy which I didn't have with my dd.

So yeah all in all very different pregnancy to DD 7 years ago

Morning sickness has kicked in at 6am this morning. Had to rush to the toilet. Never actually been sick with all other 5 pregnancies always felt sick at night but has never had anything there. x

So far its exactly the same for me. No symptoms up until 7 weeks apart from food aversion to chicken (which started at 6.5 weeks last time too). Boobs hurt, but only if i poke at them or DD hits them haha...also same as 1st preg. Slight nausea (very slight unless chicken is nearby)...but no sickness.

Makes me convinced i'm having another girly :pink: x

Last time i didn't even feel pregnant until i had a bump,

this time in extremely tired and having nausea,
wandering if im going to have a july baby again, i conceived exact same time 4 years ago and found out the exact same time ds was supposed to be due 11th of august, now in due 8th of august,
DS was born in july (all my female family have never been overdue :thumbup: )

Yes this pregnancy is so different I have really bad nausea, tiredness, backache, headache with my first pregnancy I only had very slight nausea no headaches, backache didn't start until second tri, I enjoyed my first pregnancy from start to finish this one I'm wishing it away already I want baby cooked and out like now! I'm just fed up of not feeling myself feeling too scared to leave the house incase I vomit in public and feeling sorry for ds because I've got no energy and he's stuck in the house quite a lot x

Hi, we'll I've not had much symptoms which is similar to DD, but I causally don't think I am as tired, though that MIT be the fact tht having a 3 year old means you get chance to sleep, but last time I was coming home from work and having a nap. I think I've only managed 1 nap so far!

I am def struggling with constipation as I did last time but I think that started almost straight away. Again sore boobs don't feel as bad.

Also I wasn't actually sick last time but this time I think I've only felt nauseous once or twice!

My 1st pregnancy I was 7 weeks gone but I had a easy pregnancy.. Sick 3 times in one week.. No Braxton hicks nothing... This time im hungry... Been hungry the last week! I could eat loads.. Im eating healthy as dont wanna pile on loads of weight... I am following slimming world (my friend did and she only put on just under a stone.. her baby was a healthy weight too, so I know its safe) x

This is my 2nd pregnancy, my oldest will be 11 in 2 days, there are somethings I can remember and some I cant but I know I have had MS a lot worse this time around, and Indegestion...never had that first time.

I barely have a memory of my first pregnancy. I remember the nausea on and off. I had terrible heartburn through out the last trimester and stretching around 20 weeks. Everything else is a blur. My pregnancy messed my memory i barely remember my LO's first year and my memory has gotten worse. With this LO, i am so tired all the time i have to have coffee or tea in the morning.

I am also starting with more weight than the first time around which is making me very worried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->