Second scan + rant PICS

jesssika

Mummy to Charlotte
Reaction score
Hello my lovelies :) first of all happy mothers day for yesterday! (Not sure if it was mothers day everywhere but it was in Australia :) )

Second, I had another scan today :cloud9:
Little nugget had a heartbeat of 173 bpm, and measured 24mm CRL :)
In Australia, this is consistent with a date of 9 weeks 2 days.. Which is only 2 days off my first scan dates!! But the lackey of a ultrasound tech I had put me a week behind, causing me a lot of stress as this means I wouldn't have been pregnant at all when i got my positive test!! So they dated me as 8 weeks 4 days but I am going to contest this as I know its wrong. I have ASUM documents telling me this :thumbup: the only reason I care so much is it's so close to Christmas.. And I don't want my LO being deprived of the joy of a separate birthday and Christmas! I'm definitely not going to be going back to that center, I'll use the private hospital facilities instead, I know they're more up-to-date! Anyway, I've attached the picture of LO :)

Attachments

• Image0008.jpg
    Image0008.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 17
They've done the exact same thing to me and dating me back a week. Its so annoying- its another week of worrying -__- However your nugget is adorable and squidgy looking!
And if it is born very near Christmas, give it an honorary birthday. Like the queen does! ^^

They've done the exact same thing to me and dating me back a week. Its so annoying- its another week of worrying -__- However your nugget is adorable and squidgy looking!
And if it is born very near Christmas, give it an honorary birthday. Like the queen does! ^^

Ah yes the health systems are crap everywhere! :thumbup: hahaha.
Aw thank you :)
Hahaha what an idea! x

Luckily I never got put behind with my son, must be so frustrating! Cute photo though, so tiny! :flower:

Surprisingly they pushed me AHEAD a week, I couldn't believe it, I was highly convinced they were going to push me back, but when they told me I was well over 11 weeks i about screamed :cloud9:

Some women don't go by the ultrasound date as their due date, so you can always go by your original! I know how nerve wracking it is to sit around and wait for your first twelve weeks to finally be over, not knowing how your baby is doing.

Look at your little bean how cute! :) And that must be so frustrating hey! Just go by your own dates, you know what's right xx

Look at your little bean how cute! :) And that must be so frustrating hey! Just go by your own dates, you know what's right xx

I'm really going to! Got a doctors appt for Thursday so i discuss it with my GP then x

Don't feel bad sweets, at least yours is only a week, they've got me screwed up to be an entire month off!! They have my due date at october 30th, when it really is october 10th :\ Which also screws me for trying to find out my gender, being an entire month off :( Oh well! The baby will be here when he/she gets here :) Congratulations sweetheart!!

That doesn't sound right to me...

At my 7+2 scan the crl was 11mm and at my 8+2 day scan the crl was 17mm and they said i was measuring 8 weeks instead of 8+2, so 24crl is definitely over 9 weeks i would imagine..

However i know if the ultrasound tech doesn't do it exactly right it can make it inaccurate by 5 plus/minus days

Don't feel bad sweets, at least yours is only a week, they've got me screwed up to be an entire month off!! They have my due date at october 30th, when it really is october 10th :\ Which also screws me for trying to find out my gender, being an entire month off :( Oh well! The baby will be here when he/she gets here :) Congratulations sweetheart!!

Mine was originally December 7th! But that's shocking how could you possibly be a month behind? That couldn't be right at all :nope: good luck though :hugs: and thank you :)

That doesn't sound right to me...

At my 7+2 scan the crl was 11mm and at my 8+2 day scan the crl was 17mm and they said i was measuring 8 weeks instead of 8+2, so 24crl is definitely over 9 weeks i would imagine..

However i know if the ultrasound tech doesn't do it exactly right it can make it inaccurate by 5 plus/minus days

Thank you!!! I really hope my GP notices this! As its absolutely ridiculous! I'm just not going to stand for her crappy work! And in the report from the ultrasound it said +/- a week (7 days) for this one! So there's no way on earth I'm taking the date she set me haha :haha: thanks!

I had a scan yday and my CRL was 27.1mm, and they dated me 9+3 xx

I was also dated behind with my son by 9 days, but all was fine. I'm not entirely sure why I was dated back because I was so, so sure of the dates :/ xx

Thanks guys! I saw my doctor yesterday anyway, she sat there staring at the report and she goes "....well this definitely isn't right" so that made me feel a whole lot better, I just definitely won't be going back to her for another ultrasound!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->