Second time IVF?

goingforit

Reaction score
Hello, I have my miracle baby through IVF and am thinking of number 2. Would love to hear from anyone who is going or has gone through this.

I have unexplained fertility. With our first IVF we had half the eggs IVF and half ICSI. Unfortunately nothing happened at all in the IVF part and we ended up with one egg through ISCI which they froze due to hospital admission after over stimulating. Our FET was our miracle so I am thinking I would probably go straight for this option of freezing them as they said it was quite possible I would over stimulate again. I have PCOS ovaries.

Anyhow I am now living in Scotland so it is a partnership clinic I would be attending. I worry how it might affect my LG. She is 15months. We don't have family nearby which will make things a bit harder.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post, it is really hard not feeling able to discuss it with friends but it can be hard for them to fully understand.

Hi hun, We are similar to you - unexplained and our first was IVF. We are now TTC 2 naturally as they said there's no real reason why you cant get pregnant. We cant afford IVF unfortunately - 4months into TTC naturally and I'm already stressing that it wont ever happen.

Hugs xx

Hays - haven't you considered undergoing IVF in clinics abroad? I paid only EUR2,500 (treatment with meds) in my clinic, and have been happy with treatment and service I got.

Hi goingforit, we had a little girl through ivf (icsi) in jan 2015. I wasn’t keen on doing ivf again (or childbirth or those early years of no sleep for that matter) so we didn’t do anything for a few years, but have now just gone through ivf again and I am currently on the tww.

I don’t know what a partnership clinic means, but we are living overseas so also have no family close by, and I haven’t told anyone about my treatment. Fortunately my clinic is nearby, and my daughter goes to pre school, so most of the appointments I’ve been able to do while she’s been at school. Egg collection was very early so she had to go to a neighbour for breakfast that day and go to school with them. She thought that was great and luckily the neighbour didn’t ask too many questions (I just said I had an early appt)

In what way do you fear it could affect your daughter? Do you mean the treatment or the potential jealousy etc of a sibling? My LG has not noticed my treatment at all, apart from wanting to give me my progesterone vaginal tablet! (She likes to give me my multivitamins & folic acid in the mornings)

The main reason I changed my mind and decided to go through ivf again was for her. She is so sociable and I think she would love to have a sibling. Most of her peers have baby brothers or sisters now, and she does dote on them and sometimes talks about a sister. I don’t want to regret not trying for her sake.

Hope some of that waffle helped!

Good luck with your journey. We have tried since our little one. This month we went for every other day even though we've started tests at the clinic. We still would love to fall naturally. Try to remember they say the average time is a year and don't be too hard on yourself - I know it is easier said than done! Here to chat any time. Hugs x
Hi hun, We are similar to you - unexplained and our first was IVF. We are now TTC 2 naturally as they said there's no real reason why you cant get pregnant. We cant afford IVF unfortunately - 4months into TTC naturally and I'm already stressing that it wont ever happen.

Hugs xx

Wow...where did you go? I can't imagine how that would work? Did you have to live out there for a month or 2?
Hays - haven't you considered undergoing IVF in clinics abroad? I paid only EUR2,500 (treatment with meds) in my clinic, and have been happy with treatment and service I got.

Hi goingforit, we had a little girl through ivf (icsi) in jan 2015. I wasn’t keen on doing ivf again (or childbirth or those early years of no sleep for that matter) so we didn’t do anything for a few years, but have now just gone through ivf again and I am currently on the tww.

I don’t know what a partnership clinic means, but we are living overseas so also have no family close by, and I haven’t told anyone about my treatment. Fortunately my clinic is nearby, and my daughter goes to pre school, so most of the appointments I’ve been able to do while she’s been at school. Egg collection was very early so she had to go to a neighbour for breakfast that day and go to school with them. She thought that was great and luckily the neighbour didn’t ask too many questions (I just said I had an early appt)

In what way do you fear it could affect your daughter? Do you mean the treatment or the potential jealousy etc of a sibling? My LG has not noticed my treatment at all, apart from wanting to give me my progesterone vaginal tablet! (She likes to give me my multivitamins & folic acid in the mornings)

The main reason I changed my mind and decided to go through ivf again was for her. She is so sociable and I think she would love to have a sibling. Most of her peers have baby brothers or sisters now, and she does dote on them and sometimes talks about a sister. I don’t want to regret not trying for her sake.

Hope some of that waffle helped!

Hello Autumn girl. Best of luck on your tww...when do you test?

Our new clinic is just over an hour drive away and my almost 16 month old comes too. They've been really good with that. I am on a career break so she is with me in the days so no option to leave her.

I suppose my biggest worries with my little girl are that I know how ill it made me last time. I was in hospital for 3 days due to over stimulation and am high risk for this. We have been to the clinic to start the process and they have suggested a freeze all protocol which suits me well. Hopefully the trigger they give me can help too. My little girl is already really sociable so I know she would love a sibling.

Aww..your daughter sounds so helpful; how old is she?

Thank you for taking the time tp read and reply and I wish you well on your journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->