Second timers - what did you learn from the first birth?

Research C-Sections, lots. because my midwife said we wont discuss this as it isnt very common... I had 5 failed inductions and was taken for am emergency c-section at 15 days over due I felt like a complete failure. If i'd of had more info on c-sections i probs wouldn't have felt as bad as I did.

x

Is it bad that nothing comes to mind? :nope:

I learned that epidurals make the pain go away! :haha:

I learned I have no use for a birth plan. They didn't even look at it.
I learned its the nurses that do it all, and the doctor really doesn't do much :rofl:
I learned to stay at home as long as possible.
I learned that I really didn't need to bring a giant suitcase of stuff to the hospital. :D A pillow is a musthave though! and one in the car for your OH!

I learned to research breathing techniques.
I'm not a failure for getting an epidural.
And that is it as I was induced, no idea about natural labour but hoping to find out this time!

thanks everyone. this is a great thread for 1st time mums like me.

Get out of bed the next day, take a shower, put on makeup and fresh clothes. You'll feel a lot better after.

Feeling like my insides are going to fall out of my vagina the day after is totally normal. They aren't. It goes away after a couple of days.

Not all moms can wear their skinny jeans after 6 weeks. It took me 9 months to fully recover my old waistline, and that's perfectly OK.

Even if you're stuck in a hospital bed with an epidural, you can still use gravity to help you. Don't just lay around waiting for something to happen. Sit straight up, play cards, laugh with your hubby/family. Be as active as you can and you'll not only labor faster, you'll feel better about it.

Good luck to all the first timers out there. Trust your instincts. You're mommies now, you've earned the right to say, "Momma knows best!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->