**see new thread please**A MIDLANDS MEET...... started in thread "anyone near Walsall

chrissy&marty

Reaction score
Hey i started organising a little get together in a previous thread, anyone near Walsall, westmidlands UK?? To make it easier for people to join in and help choose a date I’ve moved the discussion to here :happydance:
My ideas for the day are to have a picnic in the park (hopefully good weather) we can all bring a little food to share.

I’ll make a template flag that we can all print off and stick to a straw/stick/pole anything really to help us recognise each other.
ill choose a meet point and we can all walk from there to a picnic spot in the park, somewhere safe for the kiddies to run and burn off energy

What do we think??
Weather permitting location is going to be in Sutton park -
The Town Gate, Park Road, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands B73 6BU.

Date proposed - Sunday June the 5th
This is not confirmed yet so discussion welcome :thumbup:

Anyone want to join in?
My list so far then is below,

Confirmed names –
mrsraggle
sparkledust
xxleannexx
emma 21
new2bumps
mumof42009
_vicky_
Misscherry15
mumtoJ
Nicnac

Maybes –

lollylou1
rjs mum
mummy kcc
coz

Ill add anyone who asks xxxxxxxxx
Thank you
:happydance:

I thought I was midlands but never heard of that place :lol:

Argh...I really want to do this but DH is concerned for me to take DS on my own to an area he's not familiar with. In fact, he actually asked me why I *need* to do this. Hmm...maybe to get out of the house and make some friends for the first time since moving to this country nearly 3 years ago?!

I would have to take the train from Rowley Regis and walk from Sutton Coldfield train station (which doesn't appear to be far at all from the park).

Is there anyone else taking the train in who would be up for walking to the park together? I might be able to convince DH it's okay, hehe.

I'll be honest-i'm not sure where it is *blush* as i don't live near sutton coldfield?

Other halfs welcome to join in ladies. I can totally understand y u feel unsure of coming some where u dont know. Ill attach some maps and info about the area later (im on my phone at the moment wil need laptop for that) thankyou ladies xxxx

If anyone wants to bring a buddy, OH, mums, sisters, brothers anyone thats fine xxxx

I might not be able to make that date as we come back off hol the sat and will need to get kids uniforms, them ready for school next day. If you change the date let me know x

date can be changed no worrys :)

information about sutton park -
https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/suttonpark
https://www.whatsonwhen.com/sisp/index.htm?fx=event&event_id=104770

the location, ive attached maps :) -

Attachments

• park location.png
    park location.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 1
  • sutton location.jpg
    sutton location.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 2
Wooooo! ill be there :) !

I can get train from bournville to sutton cant i? if anybody knows :flower:

Urmmm.. I can make jelly + bring some crisps? xx

yh 1 train all the way to sutton :) yay sounds yummy

im going to look at the old thread once ruby is in bed and come up with 3or4 dates we can all vote on??? that way a date can be settled upon once and for all lol :) :)
looking forward to it ladies xxxxxxxxxxx

Ok then lets vote - the dates on offer are -

Saturday 28th of May
Sunday 5th of June
Saturday 18th June
Saturday 2nd July

Everyone please just choose one date because I’m going to use a tally system to count them up and I’ll get confused otherwise lol:wacko:
If you can make more than one don’t worry just pick your favourite
Obviously your welcome on whatever day we choose not just the one you vote for :happydance:
Thank you ladies xxx

We should be able to come. Ill let you know. Can't do 28th may tho x

I'm not bothered about any dates except the 28th of May. I can't make that one because we have a friend's birthday party that day. x

i cant do 28th may its LOs 1st birthday, can do any in june x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->