Seeing everyone pregnant makes me sad

Ohlovemedead

Reaction score
I keep getting on Facebook and everyone either is pregnant or had their babies already yet I sit here and am dreading next month when it would've been my due date, when I would've been able to take my baby home and when it should've been a happy time and it's been 5 months since the miscarriage and even though I'm a little Better I still feel depressed every time I see a baby, a pregnancy or see on the news about children or babies dying(I'm sure everyone is depressed on this one) lately I feel like I've been getting baby fever and want to try again but I know timing isn't right and I don't know how to bring this up to my husband but has anyone felt this way and when was the right time to finally say I want another one?

I am so sorry for your loss. It is especially hard when everyone around seems to be pregnant or having a baby. It tough when your due date comes up. Mine will be in August of this year. I wanted to start trying as soon as I got my period after my most recent mc. I have baby fever all day long, every day of the week. It will probably not go away till I'm menopausal. :blush::haha: Good luck to you! :hugs:

I understand your sadness. My due date will be in August and I dread that day. There have been 11 pregnancy announcements in the last month on Facebook.. There are days when I just don't get on there

I'm so sorry. I understand. I wasn't due until September -on our 1st wedding anniversary, so that should be interesting trying not to be sad for my husband. We've started trying on the first post-mc cycle. We just want a child, so that was that. I have no idea if I should be or will be in a better place emotionally or not anyway, so we're just moving forward. I've decided to take a break from fb and it helped. Maybe that's something to consider.

I'm so sorry for your Loss. I would do (and did) as Annie suggests and take a fb break. I think the right time is when you are ready, when he is ready too. Can you speak t him about everything and see where the conversation goes?

I know the feeling. 4 pregnancy announcements on FB since my D and C 3 weeks ago. I cried my eyes out on Thursday as my friends sister put her scan picture up, it was too much to bear as was less than a week before i would of been having mine. Life really is horrid at times. I don't go on FB as much now and am considering temporally disabling my account for a while. I have been doing really well and things like that just knock me back :(

Sorry for everyone on this forum and their losses. It's heartbreaking
After I found out about my miscarriage (on Thursday) I disabled my FB for a few days. I had told a friend and then she went straight on FB and did like 5-6 posts about her baby, I mean WTF? how sensitive was that, especially since I told her on FB chat.
I'm dreading Kate Middleton giving birth, because there will be nowhere to hide from that. It's gonna be everywhere. My due date is still a while away (early Dec) but i know its gonna be really hard. All we can do is endure it I guess.
Has anyone here gone for counselling at all or attended a support group?

SO sorry for all your losses girls. I had an early loss, never saw baby, but found out from my pathology report she would have been a girl and that has really, really hard for me to handle.

I have thought about maybe counseling? This was my first BFP after three IVF cycles =(

SO sorry for all your losses girls. I had an early loss, never saw baby, but found out from my pathology report she would have been a girl and that has really, really hard for me to handle.

I have thought about maybe counseling? This was my first BFP after three IVF cycles =(

Counselling sounds like a good idea if you are thinking about it. I spent some time on the phone to one and it really helped me put my thoughts in order.

I miscarried 3 days before my 12 week scan, and I was devastated to see a former work colleague post her 12 week scan and announcement with the same due date we would have had later that week. I've had to unfriend her - it probably seems very extreme - but I can't bear to see bump photos and birth announcements. I know it will kill me.

I haven't gone to counseling I work a lot and am busy on my days off. I'm happy for everyone in my news feed who is having babies but makes me want to cry at just the thought of I could've had mine and instead I'm left with a traumatic experience, no sleeping and depression which has since gotten better but it also doesn't help when I feel like my husband and I are drifting apart at least we have been since the last miscarriage we don't seem like ourselves its really been hard but my kids are making me smile and get through it

I'm glad to hear your depression has lifted even a little. I've been been avoiding people and fb still. I'm kind of dreading visiting my SIL in a couple weeks. She started ttc a couple months ago and I'm not up for any in-person news right now and having to hold it together for a wknd at her place. I would be horrified if she caught me crying. And I don't want my husband to be disappointed in me. It's weird to anticipate things like that, but everyone around me is announcing pregnancies, so the paranoia isn't totally unfounded. I'm not proud of my mindset though :/ It's tough. Hang in there xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->