Self defense

Eternal

Three boys!
Reaction score
How do you feel about this?

How far should you be able to go to protect your family? what about home? car? should there be different laws for both? Guns allowed to protect? Is it ok to kill someone for breaking in? should you be arrested for hurting or injurying a criminal?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm :-k i think we all have the right to keep ourselves 'alive' as such, its inbuilt in us to want to survive and if it came to it in a 'them or me' or 'them or my family' situation then damn right i would do what i had to do to make sure we were okay.......... i think every incident would have to be judge accordingly but in all honesty if i had to do prison time protecting my family i would as long as we were all alive!

I'm not sure what the laws are here actually, i remember watching a documentary about an american man who killed a intruder but because he chased the intruder out his house and beat him to death outside his house he was sent to prison for murder, the intruder was leaving was running away so it was classed as murder with intent, if it had happened with in his house then it wouldnt have been classed as that.

I think if someone enters your property you are well within your right to use force to get them to leave. The law in this country states you can use reasonable/proportionate force to what you are facing. Ie if they have a knife you can use a knife, but if they have a bat and you have a gun its not self defence as it isnt in proportion.

Now thats where i dont agree with the Law, I think if someone entres you property with the intention to comit a crime you should be able to use force, yes not shoot them in the head or stab them in the heart. However I dont think you should be treat as the criminal when you were until forced into a situation by a criminal a law abiding citizen.

I think criminals have far too many rights.

I think its a joke that intruders have more rights than you do but I dont think you should be allowed to kill them. Making guns legal would only open a whole new ketltle of fish dealing with gun safety and the potential for accidents.

As for bering charged for hurting an intruder Im not sure I'd like to say yes but on a lesser charge as it is still technically a crime as well although I know I wouldnt be happy if it was me trying to protect my home. Also I dont think it should extend to the car or other vehicles as cars are ten a penny and I'd rather let them take it then die over a car.

Well when an intruder came into my house I sent oh downstairs with a bat,also my knive block is in the kitchen,depending on how well armed the criminal was.
The policeman said basically you can do what you want to them in the house but once outside its up to the police to catch them,unfortunately you arent meant to chase after them,which is a shame as our intruder ran away and police lost him.

I have to protect my home and sleeping children and would stop at nothing to do so.

If someone broke into my home I will hit them with what ever I had to hand. I should be able to protect my home/children with what ever force I feel needed.. The whole only using a knife if they have one is silly..

a 6ft man buit like anything breaks into a 4ft fragile womens home.. She wouldnt stand a chance even if he had no weapon!

It should not be the same for a car though well unless your in it I guess and they are trying to break in and rip you out of it.

i believe you should be able to use extreme force to protect your self from an intruder and if this means killing someone then, that is what (in theory) i would do!

we have a couple of gun replicas in the house, they look and feel almost exactly like a real gun would... maybe that would scare someone off ? haha unfortunately they don't fire bullets, just pellets, u need a license to buy them now,(the guns) but my OH had them for years before they changed the rules, he used them for airballing ? or something airsoft ?

i dno haha.. my point is, is that i think most people don't feel safe in their own homes. But i wouldn't want them making guns legal as then everyone would find a way to obtain one ! but at the same time, its insane that we have no real way to protect ourselves

I believe you should be able to protect your family and self by any means necessary, whether I am in my house, car or walking down the street. Some evil person should not get the right to decide my death day. You attack someone violently you deserve what is coming to you.

thanks ladies, i beleive you should be able to defend yourself, when i was younger i would say at any length to save my family and property, if someone broke in then they deserve whatever they get, however i am a little less aggressive now, for the most part i would want to make sure my family were safe and away from the person, but if i felt endangered than i would do anything to save my family.

we have a baseball bat in our room and if someone came near me or my family i would use it, but if someone was down stairs i would call the police first, then call out and i would be prepared to defend mt family, i wouldnt go down to confront them though.

I believe that everyone has the right to protect themselves and others as well. But to what extent is more of the question. I don't think that anyone has the right to go to the extent of killing someone else. Nothing has to go to that extreme. There are other ways than to go to that extreme of a measure and still keep yourself safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->