Self Hypnosis in Child birth

Happy happy

Reaction score
Good morning!!
I've found a link for hypnosis in childbirth, well it's to a sight in which you can download the cds or whatever.
I was part of a trail whilst pregnant with my DD, it was Self Hypnosis for Interpartum Pain (SHIP Trial).
It was run by NHS across several hospitals in Lancashire. I jumped at the chance to try something new and to avoid using various drugs during labour which is something I'll be avoiding this time round also.
It's not for everyone and I found it rather odd at first..There were a few giggles when me and DH first listened to the cd! ! I decided after that that I would listen to it alone so I could concentrate and benefit from the various exercises it taught you.
When It came to delivering my DD things didn't quite go to plan. ..as they rarely do, so I wasn't in the birthing suite and couldn't listen to my cd for all the wires etc monitoring baby and me but I was still able to remember the cd and drift off to my own little world and forget ... well not focus on the pain or discomfort but on what my body was doing to get my little girl out and into my arms.
My beautiful Carmen was born after 4.5 hrs of active labour weighing 8lb 11.5oz with only a little gas and air..which I didn't want but due to lack of understanding by the midwife on duty who repeatedly broke my concentration I needed towards the end.
You should definitely take a look and see what you think. Please feel free to ask any questions or if you want to know anymore about my experience just give me a shout!!
Love and luck to you all xoxo
https://www.hypnosisdownloads.com/pregnancy-childbirth/childbirth-hypnosis

Oh thanks for sharing. The sooner you start these things the better, as its suggested you need to listen regularly (daily) for a long time before hypnosis/meditation recordings are effective. I used one to sleep for a long time. The right ones are wonderful!

I didn't start mine until I was 35 weeks pregnant but that was only as that's when they allowed you to start the course. May start around 20/25 weeks this time as it's super relaxing too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->