Selfish?

I agree with what everyone else said. Your husband holding him/her is fine, but everyone else can wait. The mother or father are entitled to hold their baby first.

But hopefully it won't be an issue for you this time. x

Oh I'd be so pissed if anyone other than my DH got to hold my baby before me. I don't think you are selfish at all and I would be the same, but make sure your OH is up for explaining to any family waiting that they will have to wait to hold him/her until you have had the first mummy cuddles.

I can't believe that your family thought it was OK to get cuddles before you last time, I think I'd be hurt forever!

I think I may just tell people to hold off coming to the hospital until after the c-section that way my husband and I have our time to bond together...that way I don't even have to worry about this stuff and then maybe after a few hours they can come up and see us...

No its not selfish, i wouldnt want anyone other than me or dh to hold our baby first. x

Oh my mother in law from
Hell would love to hold and cradle my newborn b4 me and would love to rub my nose in it and salt in wounds x

Oh my mother in law from
Hell would love to hold and cradle my newborn b4 me and would love to rub my nose in it and salt in wounds x

I'd be telling her that she needs to stay at home then and she wouldn't be allowed anywhere near me or baby.

That's exactly what I will be telling the old dragon !!!

I think I may just tell people to hold off coming to the hospital until after the c-section that way my husband and I have our time to bond together...that way I don't even have to worry about this stuff and then maybe after a few hours they can come up and see us...
That's EXACTLY what I'm intending to do, if that makes you feel any better? I won't know for sure what time my scheduled section is until the day before (they're weird at my hospital I guess?) I figure I'll tell friends and family that my c-sec is about 4 hours later. That'll give me recovery time, baby some bonding time, and maybe a chance to nap for a few min before everyone shows up. They don't need to know for sure what time your surgery was... fudge a few hours!

omg how dare you want to be the first to hold your baby! JOKING! ;) :haha:

Totally not selfish at all hunni. It is your baby after all. Could you let your midwives know that you don't want visitors to hold the baby before you? After all it's not like they won't ever get to see your baby is it? :)

Happy and healthy pregnancy to you :hugs:

Actually, sjwebb, I'd like to thank you for this thread because it never occurred to me that someone else (besides my husband) could hold my baby before me should I required an emergency c-section.

So yesterday we talked about it, and he agreed, and he said 'the baby is not a doll to be passed around anyway', and so he'd make sure I would be the first to hold her (besides him, obviously; I want him to hug her if I'm asleep, she needs one of the parents) if I need to have an emergency c-section under a GA.

x

yep thats not selfish at all, i wouldnt want to hold a baby unless monther had ok'd it first but thats just me, i understand you feel robbed i would to, i have all ready discussed this with my hubby and hes first if im out of it if not me first, every one else can get in line end of!:thumbup:

Not selfish at all. I'm leaving explicit instructions in my birth plan that, if I have a c-section, only my OH can hold them before me. I hate the idea of being anything less than second.

In addition, you may want to tell your immediate relatives they are not to post pictures of LO online cos I've read a few things recently on here where relatives have held baby, posted pics on FB and announced the gender to all and sundry online before the mum has even seen baby after a c-sect. I'd be beyond furious if this happened to me!!!

Thats what I would do, stick to your guns! xx

I'm gonna try my hardest. I do not want a repeat of last time haha.

I dont think you're selfish, this is completely understandable!

not selfish at all. id do the same thing

You ladies are all SO wonderful :) You have all made me feel so much better about my decision, and LaRockera, I didn't even have the SLIGHTEST idea what was going to happen after my c-section, I thought they would just take my son to the nursey and then wait for me, but I guess at our hospital if baby is healthy and doesn't need monitoring they give the baby to the father and then he can bond...well I guess that menas EVERYONE ELSE gets to bond too..pretty sad but I know the intentions were meant well...

So, this time baby will DEFINITELY be staying in the nusery til I am in my room. I know that I won't get to hold baby first, and I understand that but I sure as hell don't want to be last :( My husband agrees and said that he will keep everyone away.

You ladies are all SO wonderful :) You have all made me feel so much better about my decision, and LaRockera, I didn't even have the SLIGHTEST idea what was going to happen after my c-section, I thought they would just take my son to the nursey and then wait for me, but I guess at our hospital if baby is healthy and doesn't need monitoring they give the baby to the father and then he can bond...well I guess that menas EVERYONE ELSE gets to bond too..pretty sad but I know the intentions were meant well...

So, this time baby will DEFINITELY be staying in the nusery til I am in my room. I know that I won't get to hold baby first, and I understand that but I sure as hell don't want to be last :( My husband agrees and said that he will keep everyone away.

That's great. I think it's the right way to go about it, too. :thumbup:

not at ALL. if i was in your situation id do the exact same thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->