Semen Analysis Results

mwilliams05

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum but recently had my second semen analysis completed and wanted to get some opinions/suggestions on increasing sperm count. As you can see from my results below my sperm count has increased but I think some of the numbers (mainly the count is still on the lower end of normal and I'd like to increase that number to hopefully increase our chances of conceiving naturally). For the last 6+ months I've been taking multi-vitamins (GNC Mega Men, Ultra Man from Vitamin World and lately FertilAid) and drinking emergen-c at least once a day, sometimes twice a day(off and on in that time frame, but regularly for the last few months). Do you think with the recent numbers we would have a chance of conceiving naturally (even though it hasn't happened in a year)? We are praying that with the increase in count it will help. Thanks in advance.

Results (from July 2012):
Appearance: Normal
Volume: 3.0 (reference interval 2.0mL - 10.0mL)
Viscosity: Normal
pH: 7.9 (reference interval 7.2 - 10)
Motility: 50 (reference interval 50% - 100%)
Quality of Motion:
Rapidly Progressive: 25
Sluggish: 25
Immotile: 50 (reference interval 0 - 49%)
Concentration: 1.6 (reference interval 20.0 - 100.0)
Total Motile: 2.4 (reference interval 20.0 - 100.0)
Normal Morphology, % : 33 (reference interval >= 30%)

Results (from April 2013)
Volume: 2.5 mL (reference interval 2.0mL - 10.0mL)
Rapidly Progressive: 50
Motility: 80 % (reference interval 50% - 100%)
pH: 8.1 1 (reference interval 7.2 - 10)
Sluggish: 30 %
Immotile: 20 % (reference interval 0 - 49%)
Appearance : Normal
Normal Morphology, %: 45 % (reference interval >= 30%)
Concentration: 21.6 x10E6/mL (reference interval 20.0 - 100.0)
Total Motile : 43.2 x10E6 (reference interval 20.0 - 100.0)
Viscosity: Normal

Hi I didn't want to read and run have u tried zinc my oh was Toldtoby by his ,
Hope it works out for u

I haven't tried Zinc tablets by themselves but fertilaid does have zinc in it. I was doing some research online a while ago and came across a forum or article that mentioned different vitamins which is why I started taking multivitamins. I'm not sure if the multivitamins really worked or not since it has been so long between my two tests. I remember being really concerned about my initial results and reading that counts that low very rarely increase to normal levels.

Hi there...

My DH doesn't have any count issues but his morphology was on the low side of normal....but still considered normal . Anyhow the dr gave him this list of vitamins:
Twice daily of
Maca 500 mg
Co Q 10 200mg
Conception XR
Vit C 500 mg
Vit E 400 IU

It takes 3 months to see complete impact bc sperm needs to generate.

Thanks for the information. Looks like fertilaid has some of those vitamins in it but I'll need to increase the dosage by taking some additional vitamins.

Congratulations on your latest sample, increase in motility (rapidly progressive),morphology and count. Im not a urologist or an RE but your numbers are technically within normal parameters, it takes around 70-90+days to produce new sperm, who knows maybe you had a fever or illness months before your first analysis that impacted your results or it could have been the vitamins you were on that helped.

Zinc is your best bet to increase count. Try raw oysters or take more zinc supplements. As you noted your already taking synthetic zinc, so perhaps try natural sources of Zinc in food. If you wanted to increase your chances with a more aggresive approach I think an IUI would be of great help, they wash and inject the good motile sperm into the uterus vs the natural way where millions of sperm are lost or stuck trying to bypass the cervix , sadly only a few make it into the tubes. If you are trying natural maybe try BD every other day to keep your count as high as possible, Good luck.

Thanks for the information. Looks like fertilaid has some of those vitamins in it but I'll need to increase the dosage by taking some additional vitamins.

I thought you would want to know that in the 2 months my DH has been taking that protocol of meds at the last Sperm count it had increased and his motility was up to 94 % and much improved morphology,...so keep hope :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->