Sensitive kids group

Sorry for your loss. It's not something I've had to deal with yet, but it's on the horizon for us I think, so I've been thinking a lot abut how to broach it with the children.

When it comes to questions, I think it's ok to say you don't know, or you're not sure but think X. If she's asking questions, that's a great thing, as it shows she feels comfortable discussing it rather than internalising and worrying.

As for the reading, is there a way you could have a plan B so if she's not sure on the day, she has a get out? Maybe she could hold up a picture or something to still feel she's involved even if she doesn't speak. She might surprise you!

:hugs: for a hard time.

I'm so sorry for your loss Quarz :hugs:.

I am really not sure how to approach the loss of a loved one with her. The only loss Daisy has dealt with was the death of our beloved old dog in June. She asked lots and lots of questions and wanted to know all sorts of things. I answered her the best I could but she is still very upset about it and talks about him having died every single day. I made a mistake by telling her he was very old and poorly and was very tired and had gone for a long long sleep. She spent a couple of weeks being terrified of going to bed in case she didn't wake up and was also terrified anyone in the family who was unwell would die. She has needed the light on to sleep ever since. I just don't know what would be the best way to approach death with sensitive children like ours without making them worry.

I am sorry to hear your move is being a bit of a nightmare Tacey. It will be fab when you are all in the new house and it is all up and running but it must be hard for Alice being moved around. That sounds like a stressful experience after the conker :(.

Just happened to look in here by chance as it had been so quiet and just wanted to say hello to everyone.

Tom is off to school on 11th Sept and I've got my fingers crossed it will be ok. He knows a couple of other children a little bit but he's leaving his closest friend behind. Mostly he's much better at controlling his temper and coping with things but he has a nervous tic that comes and goes when he's tired or stressed - I can see this could be a problem at school.

We lost one of our cats in March and Tom wasn't too upset at the time but he does talk a lot about how sad it was. I tend to go with talking about it when he wants to but he does take things to heart and then worry about them.

Great to hear everyone's LOs are growing up and getting better at coping with things - with hiccups now and again.

Well she did it, she really surprised me actually by how she handled it, she was stayed for the whole service and did the reading without ever having doubts. She was not particularly loud but I would not expect her too be. It has brought up some questions regarding it (coupled with starting to do RE at school as well) but that has now passed.

DS has now started at playgroup at the preschool and its nice to meet the teachers who took her through the very long settling in process. They definitely still remember it nearly as much as I do! Whats odd is one of Samy friends mums is having issues settling in her youngest and couldnt believe Samy was ever as bad as her little boy. (which to be fair she wasnt she was much worse!)

We now just have to deal with her constant need for mental stimulation and not needing much sleep!

How is everyone else finding school?

I bet you're so proud of her Quartz.

School is going ok for Tom. He's really not happy about me leaving him at drop off time in the morning and one of the TAs has to take him off to be her helper to stop him running after me. But he's always had a lovely day and made new friends when I pick him up. He got 2 certificates today - one for starting school and the other for getting 10 bee rewards. He was so proud of himself :happydance:
But he is so tired after his 1st full week - he was totally wired and overtired tonight and eventually I had to rock him to sleep on my knee like when he was a baby because he just couldn't switch off poor love.

I'm just hoping for a chilled weekend so he starts next week less tired :thumbup:

School is going well this year, he wakes up early & he asks us to hurry up to arrive on time looool. He doesnt complain about the long hours :)

But he's complaining abou the home work loool, it's nothing just a tracing sheet on weekends & a picture to colour.

He received a certificate for good work at school.

Is anyone still around, just reread some of it it's weird to think how she used to be

Hi Quartz :hi:

Yeah my boy changed a lot, he still have sensitivies but not as much as when he was younger.

It's weird isn't it she is far less sensitive now and has really settled at school. She still has her moments but far less

It is! We even moved schools this semester, he was a bit nervous to move schools in mid year after the holidays, but he was amazingly fine, he loves his new school and he made few friends which was a challenge earlier

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->