September 2014 Rainbows- 17 Ladies so far

Great news Babydust - must be a relief! I'm glad they took good care of you and he's doing well in there! I have a day every couple of weeks where he goes a bit quiet and it scares me to death!

I've got my 31 week mw appt tomorrow. Hoping she can tell me what position bean is in. I think he's still transverse but hoping he's moved! I really don't want a c-section!

Can not believe how far we all are now! Seems just like yesterday we were talking about how scared we were at just 18 weeks.

I hope baby is finally head down for you Hilslo. At 21w my baby was breech and haven't had an ultrasound since. I am really thinking he's positioned right because i feel a lot of kicks by my ribs and pressure down by my left hip.

I know - I think I'm still in shock that things are going well! I'm definitely counting down the days to mat leave now! I have to take all my holiday beforehand so this is my last 5 day week. Then I'm on 4 day weeks until 15th August when I'm off!!!! So excited!!! 22 working days left!!

Babydust - are you still aiming to work as late as possible? Londongirl - I guess you've kind of started yours already!

Baby dust, it sounds like it was likely from the sex... What a relief that cervix was still closed. Taking it easy is always a good idea!

Third tie is getting tougher. I feel like I'm starting to waddle :rofl: I have some soreness between my legs

Hilslo that sounds so great! 22 working days?! WOOHOO!! I've been training at my job and working full time since i've started until this week. I'm down to 4 days a week also. Except one of those days is a half day. I am hoping to work up until baby comes, but i may take off a week or 2 before he's excepted to arrive. We will see. How did your appt go? Is he face down yet?

Jokerette i am totally waddling too! Some days it's worse than others lol. Got to love it. Can't believe we're all hitting the 31w mark! Sooo nuts! Can't wait to see what everyone's little ones will look like and their names! <3

My waddle definitely gets more pronounced as the day goes on lol! By the end of the day it also feels like someone has tied a tight belt around my ribs - v uncomfortable! Do any of you guys get this?

Babydust - yeay for 4 day weeks too! Feels like we're closing in!

Baby is head down woo hoo! I don't think he's moved but suspect the previous mw mistook the protruding bilge as his head when it is in fact his bum!! Silly bean sticking his bum out all the time!

Morning ladies. I'm starting to stress out - bean has been really quiet for the last 24hrs. I felt a couple of kicks last night but no way near as much movement as normal as nothing this morning. I'm going to phone the antenatal daycare unit when it opens. Keeping my fingers and ties crossed that he's just having a quiet day and I'm being paranoid.....

Morning ladies. I'm starting to stress out - bean has been really quiet for the last 24hrs. I felt a couple of kicks last night but no way near as much movement as normal as nothing this morning. I'm going to phone the antenatal daycare unit when it opens. Keeping my fingers and ties crossed that he's just having a quiet day and I'm being paranoid.....

Pleaseeeeee try not to stress. I had this on fri. Barely anything. Or sat day. Then sat night suddenly we were back in action.

Call the centre for reassurance but also kno it's happened to others too xx

Thanks Londongirl. I phoned and they asked me to come in so waiting to be seen now. I know it's probably just paranoia but still terrified. Reminds me of waiting at the Early Pregnancy Unit and getting bad news :-(

Keep telling myself that he's had quiet days before but there's that niggly little , "what if..." creeping in!

Looked up to the monitor now and heartbeat is pumping away :) little bugger has started kicking away too! Starts performing as soon as he gets an audience to make his mum look foolish!

Very happy that it all seems to be good though!

I've had those moments too... Seems like as baby gets bigger sometimes they have days of barely any movement. I remember with Ds1 too, but it still can be scared. Glad your little one is ok!!

Hilslo... OMG I'm so happy all is ok. I felt confident it would be but still had some anxiety for you. What a huge relief. It's weird, when you've got as far as we've got now - part of you feels so much more confident, but that doubt/fear is always there. I'm so happy it's all ok :) I hope he stays incredibly active and doesn't give you another scare like that from now on in!

All good here tho' I'm struggling massively with the heat (it's around 30 degrees, but the flat we're living in is all windows so it's like a glasshouse - and I basically sweat all night - horrible.

Temp is due to drop in 2 days thank goodness :)

Hilslo - i had the SAME EXACT thing happen to me a week ago. I was fretting because he wasn't moving for awhile. I go to the hospital, they hook me up to a NST and there he goes kicking. Making me look dumb! LOL. Today he's been quiet again. I just hook him up to my doppler and hear his heartbeat. Makes me feel a lot better.

Londongirl - i struggle with the heat too. So damn hot. Yikes all windows would def make it like a sauna in there! It cooled off here nice today. Felt like a fall day.

I ended up taking back my crib today. I haven't put it together, but when i put it up to the wall that we just painted i hated it. So now i'm switching to white. I can't wait for all this to be over (the painting). Everything is stressing me out. I'm suppose to be on DH's insurance a week ago, but they keep procrastinating it. It's making me worry bcz honestly i could go into labor anytime now. You just never know. My hormones have taken over for sure. All i do is either cry or depressed.

Ladies, you are all so wonderfully supportive I don't know how I'd keep my sanity without you! I'm glad to hear all our bubs seem to be equally naughty!

Sorry the weather is causing you problems. I have a day off in the sun tomorrow - so far I have been tucked away in an air-conditioned office so not really noticed the sun! Looking forward to the warmth tomorrow but wonder if I'll find it too hot now I've got a bump.

Baby dust - please don't stress. Take a step back and remember why you're doing all that painting! Are you changing the paint to white or the cot to white? I'm sure whatever colour scheme you go with you'll end up loving. You have to post some pictures when it's finished!

The pregnancy hormones are funny things - they definitely accentuate all emotions. I guess they're designed to so that the love you feel for your son when he's born will be even greater! X

Yep - without office air-conditioning I nearly melted today lol!

lol yeah the heat sucks. I get too uncomfortable and want to complain like a baby ;)

happy 33 weeks hilslo!!
happy 32 weeks jokerette!

so hard to believe any of us could go at any time and baby would be okay! :)

Thanks baby dust!! I know! 32 weeks was like my "goal"... I can't believe it's finally here. It's so reassuring isn't it?!

How's everyone feeling?

You're 32 week - congrats!! I'm nearly there...

I'm feeling good. Sleeping is getting a little uncomfortable as my back gets a bit painful. I'm going walking or swimming most days to stay active.

Luckily the temp has dropped here now and it's sooo much nicer.

I'm starting to get *really* excited about meeting our little guy. I've been on amazon getting stuff for the baby and my friends from home have been sending little bits over - so it's so exciting getting these little parcels of stuff for him :)

Have you guys decided on stroller/buggy yet? And what your babies will sleep in to start with?

London girl... I'm so torn on what baby will sleep in. With DS we were so desperate for sleep we had him sleeping in the mechanical swing becayse he would sleep longer stretches... Then at 7 weeks we transitioned him to the crib. This time I'm debating if we should just go straight to the crib so we don't have to do the transition. DS also slept a bit in the rock n play.

This baby will be in their own nursery from night 1, as we did with DS, but there is a twin bed in there so I could room share for a while if needed. I plan on nursing again so room sharing certainly makes that easier.

Happy 32 weeks Londongirl!

We really are heading for the home straight now!!! Still not got anything other than a book (and house is still covered in dust and mess due to building work lol!) but we're going shopping after work tomorrow and I'm really excited! We've ventured out looking at prams but not really made any decisions. The Uppababy Vista gets such good reviews and on line and from friends so we thought it would just be a case of checking it out and choosing a collie but I was amazed by how big it was - it's sooo wide! I'm not sure it will work very well in our little Victorian Terrace in Central London! London girl I know you were also thinking about this pram - did you get it? What about you Jokerette/Babydust - any ideas what you'll buy?

Not quite sure what bubs will sleep in at first. I had assumed a Moses basket but a friend said her dd refused to sleep in one and a number of people in her antenatal class had the same problem. She recommended something else but I can't remember what it was called ( I'll look it up and let you know!). The mechanical swing thing sounds good too - I hadn't even considered that. Good tip Jokerette - your previous experience is v useful for us first time newbies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->