September 2014 Rainbows- 17 Ladies so far

Hi everyone!

We are now all around the 33-34 week mark!!! Who never really believed we'd get here? Honestly, we started TTC in 2012 so it felt like it was never going to happen after 2 MCs and long gaps in between. I honestly thank God every day for this.

As I type this, my tummy is moving around with him being all active. It's so weird and cool to watch.

How are you all going? This thread has been pretty quiet recently but it'd be nice to get it a little more active as we approach D-day (delivery day!). Can't believe it's only 4weeks til i'm considered term!

Things I'm looking forward to: MEETING him!!, having my body back to some extent, not being baking hot all the time, getting to know him and his personality, seeing my DH as a dad :) and showing the little guy off.

Things I'm anxious about: the birth..., knowing what the heck to do, being in a new city without my proper support network, that's all I can think of.

How are you all of yoU?

xx

Hi everyone!

We are now all around the 33-34 week mark!!! Who never really believed we'd get here? Honestly, we started TTC in 2012 so it felt like it was never going to happen after 2 MCs and long gaps in between. I honestly thank God every day for this.

As I type this, my tummy is moving around with him being all active. It's so weird and cool to watch.

How are you all going? This thread has been pretty quiet recently but it'd be nice to get it a little more active as we approach D-day (delivery day!). Can't believe it's only 4weeks til i'm considered term!

Things I'm looking forward to: MEETING him!!, having my body back to some extent, not being baking hot all the time, getting to know him and his personality, seeing my DH as a dad :) and showing the little guy off.

Things I'm anxious about: the birth..., knowing what the heck to do, being in a new city without my proper support network, that's all I can think of.

How are you all of yoU?

xx

hi londongirl,

i am right there with u at 33+2 weeks .. last time i delivered at 33+0 weeks so already this is the furthest i have been able to carry a baby :)

as for my baby she is still in breech presentation .. so unless she rotates i will have to go for a c-section .. have a scan in 2 weeks to confirm .. apart from that i also have an amniotic band running from posterior wall of uterus to anterior wall .. my OBG said it may not be safe to try and deliver the baby when the amniotic band is there .. so will have to check up on that too .. so far the band has not become attached to the baby .. i hope it remains unattached in the future too ..

can't believe we will be due in one month!!! the closer the date gets the more nervous i am getting .. and i have been having braxton hicks so close together too .. :thumbup::thumbup:

I must be lucky. I had no morning sickness or sore breasts with this one. No heartburn to really speak of and no Braxton hicks. I have felt great through all of this. Just out of breath faster and constipation but that's all.

34 weeks today. So hard to believe. Hope he comes in a month. I am so anxious forr him. I got the nursery done. Swing is coming in the mail. Car seat and stroller my hubbys dad is buying. I think we're pretty much set. Just need a breast pump. I truly am so happy we all have made it here together. We've been through so much and I am happy to have met you girls on here. cant wait to see everyone's babies!!!

I must be lucky. I had no morning sickness or sore breasts with this one. No heartburn to really speak of and no Braxton hicks. I have felt great through all of this. Just out of breath faster and constipation but that's all.

34 weeks today. So hard to believe. Hope he comes in a month. I am so anxious forr him. I got the nursery done. Swing is coming in the mail. Car seat and stroller my hubbys dad is buying. I think we're pretty much set. Just need a breast pump. I truly am so happy we all have made it here together. We've been through so much and I am happy to have met you girls on here. cant wait to see everyone's babies!!!

Yes me too so much. We have been thru so much and it's so nice we can all have a happy story together. Yes - we can share photos of our little ones in a month or so!!!

Babydust - you've reached 'term' (37w) in 2 weeks and 4 days - I cannot believe it!!!!!!!!!

I know!!! I can't believe it. Not too long for you either. So hard to believe. Little guy is moving around like crazy right now. Really liking the name Brody this week lol.

Here's a pic of his nursery! We went with snoopy.

Attachments

• IMG_20140804_065510.jpg
    IMG_20140804_065510.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 7
I know!!! I can't believe it. Not too long for you either. So hard to believe. Little guy is moving around like crazy right now. Really liking the name Brody this week lol.

Here's a pic of his nursery! We went with snoopy.

Oh my gosh that's seriously the cutest thing I've ever seen!!

Awww thank you. We worked on it for a couple weeks. Finally all together. I had a baby shower at my work today and you have to see how adorable this is. A girl made me a trike made out of diapers, bibs, socks and bottles

Attachments

• IMG_35658209625204.jpg
    IMG_35658209625204.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_35662371948202.jpg
    IMG_35662371948202.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 4
Babydust I'm so impressed. Your bub's nursery is soo good! Well done you and hubby!!

We've started to clear out the room which is progress for us. We've been distracted though as our builders have messed up and managed to build too big and the council are not happy! Now we have to redo part of it to make it smaller and have builders and dust around when I'm on mat leave and when bean arrives :-( not happy!!!!

Anyway c'est la vie!!

I can't believe how close we all are now - I start mat leave on Friday next week. Still can't get my head around the fact that it looks like I'll be a mum in about a month.

Have you guys starting thinking about after the birth yet and how you'll manage with a baby? Are your other halves taking paternity leave and if so are they taking it in one go right at the start?

Babydust I'm so impressed. Your bub's nursery is soo good! Well done you and hubby!!

We've started to clear out the room which is progress for us. We've been distracted though as our builders have messed up and managed to build too big and the council are not happy! Now we have to redo part of it to make it smaller and have builders and dust around when I'm on mat leave and when bean arrives :-( not happy!!!!

Anyway c'est la vie!!

I can't believe how close we all are now - I start mat leave on Friday next week. Still can't get my head around the fact that it looks like I'll be a mum in about a month.

Have you guys starting thinking about after the birth yet and how you'll manage with a baby? Are your other halves taking paternity leave and if so are they taking it in one go right at the start?

Hey Hilslo - you POOR THING. Honestly, I cannot *imagine* how frustrating that must be re the building error. You have enough to keep your mind busy, let alone having builders in and out of the house, and the dust, etc. I'm so sorry about that...

Bet you're looking forward to mat leave. I guess I've effectively been on 'forced' mat leave since we left the UK ;)

Ummm so we don't actually have a nursery. For the first however ?few months he will sleep in our room, and then we'll set up his cot in the spare room, but it's a small room and our whole apartment isn't really set up to have a spare nursery. We will also be having people come visit, so they will stay in that room so I'm not 100% sure how it's going to work - just going to go with the flow. It's only a temporary thing (we're here for a year only).

Yeah we've thought heaps about coping once he arrives. Neither of us have any family around (the closest is literally a 10-hour flight away!!!!). We've met a few people here so far, but that's not the same as old friends. We're just gonna take it one step at a time.

One thing I'm doing, which I think has been helpful, is having conversations NOW with hubby about how he can best emotionally support me. I know it'll be an emotional rollercoaster so I've told him things to do and not to do, which I may not be in the headspace to do so clearly when bub is here. E.g. if i'm upset/crying, DON'T say 'oh my gosh you keep crying i'm worried about you', instead say 'you're doing a really good job, this will pass, what can i do to help, etc'. I'm training him up ;)

How about the rest of you?

Anyway c'est la vie!!

PS just looked at your ticker - you've reached term/37 weeks in 10 days?!?!?!?!??!! OMG can you believe it - you've done so well!!!!!!

Good idea about talking to your dh before bubs arrives - will save some frustration later on!!!

Don't worry about not having a nursery. Like you say, he's supposed to sleep in your room for the first 6 months and if you have guests for a couple of days later on he can just back on with you. He'll probably love being back with his mum for a night or two!

How's Vancouver treating you? Not long until you can enjoy all that delicious sushi!!! Have you been round Stanley Park during your enforced mat leave? Any advice on what to do when on leave before baby arrives? I'm a bit nervous I'll be lazy and just slob in front of the tv and end up getting bored! I had planned to do some light decorating but builders have screwed up that one for me lol!

I am still in shock we're here. Bean is due one month today!!!!

Hey girls!!!

Hilslo omg.... just 4 more days and you are full term!!!!

So hard to believe next weekend I can say I'm full term too. I am super excited this moment has finally came for all of us. Soooo happy and excited. I finally got just about everything I need for little nugget. I got a newborn rocker, swing, breast pump, stroller and car seat all in the mail within the last two weeks. Officially have just about everything I need!

DH and I still have not decided on a name. I love Rowan but he isn't sure how to feel about it. He likes Owen more. Ugh.

Babydust - yay we are in our 35th week - hurrah! Crazy hey?

Rowan and Owen are both really nice names - and sound really similar - but I think you should get the final vote, since you've had to carry him and push him out!!

All good with me. Only real change is that I'm waking up a lot at night (not cos of pain or cos of toilet) and I wonder if it's my body preparing for many middle-of-the-night wake ups!

How are you all feeling about after the birth?

I'm a little nervous about the first 6 weeks, which is what everyone says is the hardest. I really hope we can all stay in touch during that time for support and advice, etc.

I wake up a lot in the night too. Still only going once or twice to the toilet so it's not that. I think it's also due to not being able to roll over in my sleep so I wake up every time I would normally just rollover.

I had my 36 week mw appt today and she says she thinks bean is in a funny twisted position and is likely breach :-(. She was honest though and said she couldn't tell exactly what he was doing so has booked me in for a scan on Monday. She worried me a bit though saying he was "twisted" so I've booked in a private scan for tomorrow. That way I will know what is happening so I can plan anything I want to ask in the NHS scan. I always go blank on the day and come home with a list of questions I should have asked!

I'm worried as I never feel any movement/ kicks by my ribs and I only feel movement on my right hand side. Do you guys feel movement all over?

I really don't want to have a c section. I already have a big scar from my surgery last year. I don't want another!

On a more fun note, I love Rowan. I had a friend at school called Rowan and he was a great guy so it influences my opinion! Great news that you're all prepped. We're currently deciding on paint colours and are gradually acquiring stuff. My MIL has asked if she can buy a pram for us so that's now sorted too (we have gone with the uppababy in the end). Hoping to get the breast pump from my sister . I was shocked by how much a double electric pump is so offered to buy hers off her. She have me loads of things but kept this as she was going to sell it on eBay so I've offered to buy it from her instead. Nice to know the history on a second hand pump!

Oh - nearly forgot to respond about the early days. We definitely have to stay in touch to help each other through the stresses and sleepiness! We should set up a new thread in the babies section once they all arrive!

I'm very nervous about lack of sleep and whether I'll be able to BF. I really want to ( even if the thought does weird me out a little!) but I hear a lot of new mums struggle.

Dh is keen to get as involved as he can so I think we'll try to introduce a bottle of formula/breast milk at the late feed so he can do that and I can get a bit of a stretch of sleep at some point! Have you ladies got any tactics lined up or are you just going to see how it goes and roll with the punches lol!

Hi ladies..

I might have to undergo a c/section next week as I have an amniotic band just underneath the baby .. It might injure the baby .. So far baby is doing great and the doctors want her out before the band injures her .. I turned 35 weeks today n due date is 18th Sep.. I had my previous baby at 33 weeks .. Its gonna be early comers for me .. Glad to know all of u are doing fine

I'm worried as I never feel any movement/ kicks by my ribs and I only feel movement on my right hand side. Do you guys feel movement all over?

I feel 90% of the movement on my right side as well. My little guy doesn't really kick so much anymore, but just tumbles around - so it's smoother movement rather than jabbing kicks. I only get the occasional jab. Definitely the majority in my left-hand side.

I'm really sorry about the breech position. I can imagine your stress, and the word 'twisted' really doesn't help. On a positive note, I've read it's really normal for babies to flip back into the right position really, really late, and if that doesn't happen, the midwives/docs can try to do it as well. So there will be lots of options before they would go through with a C-Section.

Dh is keen to get as involved as he can so I think we'll try to introduce a bottle of formula/breast milk at the late feed so he can do that and I can get a bit of a stretch of sleep at some point! Have you ladies got any tactics lined up or are you just going to see how it goes and roll with the punches lol!

This is exactly the same as us. My husband really wants to help out with the feeding, partly to help me but also to bond with our baby. I personally also want to encourage a strong bond between the baby and another significant other rather than just me, and I do think my hubby feeding him will help this bond.

The obvious issue is how and what. So, yes, I agree - express into a bottle if possible. BUt if that isn't possible, then I would seriously consider one feed of formula and the rest BF.

Will be really interesting to see how things pan out.

Hi ladies..

I might have to undergo a c/section next week as I have an amniotic band just underneath the baby .. It might injure the baby .. So far baby is doing great and the doctors want her out before the band injures her .. I turned 35 weeks today n due date is 18th Sep.. I had my previous baby at 33 weeks .. Its gonna be early comers for me .. Glad to know all of u are doing fine

Hi Nadhoo

Thanks for sharing this with us. That must be stressful to hear about the amniotic band, but I'm SO glad they are 'on the ball' with it and are monitoring you closely. So if you had a C-Section next week, he'd be 36 weeks - which is basically full-term - so that's great news. Wow you'll (likely) be the first of us!

I can't believe possibly in a week, we're going to have photos uploaded of our bubs!!

I still can't quite get my head around it. It's so weird when it's your first. You go from being two people - both adults - and fully independent, to having three people, and a completely different dynamic! It must be a mind-boggling change. Bring it on, I say!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->