September 2014 Rainbows- 17 Ladies so far

Ladies, I have some sad news

My beautiful little Isaac Lucas entered the world on 26/6/14 and joined the angels on 28/6/14

I had a placental abruption and major haemorrhage, my little man had a hb when we arrived at the hospital, after a lot of panic I was put to sleep, Isaac had no hb when they got him out, they spent 20 mins working on him and revived him but he was just too poorly

The emergency services were absolute shite, my OH got to the hospital, parked up and was at the doors before they wheeled me in, so they have a lot of explaining to do, i nearly lost my life too

Just completely broken after 6 early losses already

Xx

Hope omg. Words can not even tell you how sorry I am for your loss. I will pray for you and your family. I am so sorry. I can't even fathom what you're going through. Idk why things have to be so unfair. I have no words to say. I'm so shocked.

Oh Hope - I'm absolutely deviated for you. After 6 losses already surely it was your turn. How cruel to get so far and then this happen. I can't imagine what your going through, especially as the emergency services were so poor in getting you the best care.

My heart is broken for you. I hope you got to spend some special time with you little man.

Look after yourself and your dh. You are in my thoughts and only wish there was something I could do to make you feel better. Huge hugs xx

Hope - I read your entry with tears in my eyes. I don't even know what to say because I know no words could ease your pain. I am just so, so, so, so, so sorry for you...
Sending huge amounts of love...
xoxox

Hi everyone
I'm in the dark about strollers/prams/buggies (whatever you want to call them). I have NO idea. And now that I'm in a new country, I have even less idea!
I *think* you can buy one that acts as a car seat as well or something. Can any of you guys give me an idiots guide briefing on the subject?
x

Hi Londongirl. I've done a bit of research (not much but more than any other purchasing research!)

I know they're based on English products but the following link gives a good overview of the types you can buy and what to consider when choosing. From what I've read you can basically spend as little or as much as you like!

I think the ones you can use as car seats are called travel systems and if you drive a lot are probably very useful as you don't have to wake your baby to transfer him to the car.

https://www.johnlewis.com/buying-guides/prams-and-pushchairs-buying-guide?stop_mobi=yes

One thing I have been recommended to think about is how much leg room there is to walk with and how far can you extend the handle? Unlikely to cause a big impact on you but if your dh is on the tall side, make sure he gives it a spin first!

Good luck and let us know if you hear any other good tips!

Hi Londongirl. I've done a bit of research (not much but more than any other purchasing research!)

I know they're based on English products but the following link gives a good overview of the types you can buy and what to consider when choosing. From what I've read you can basically spend as little or as much as you like!

I think the ones you can use as car seats are called travel systems and if you drive a lot are probably very useful as you don't have to wake your baby to transfer him to the car.

https://www.johnlewis.com/buying-guides/prams-and-pushchairs-buying-guide?stop_mobi=yes

One thing I have been recommended to think about is how much leg room there is to walk with and how far can you extend the handle? Unlikely to cause a big impact on you but if your dh is on the tall side, make sure he gives it a spin first!

Good luck and let us know if you hear any other good tips!

Thank you so much - that was really useful reading (and a good tip about DH as he IS really tall!!)

OK i've read through - and the Uppababy Vista is the whole 3-in-1 thing and I've looked on the internet and it seems to consistently get 5*. That john lewis website was so helpful. Thanks so much, Hilslo :)

I have a friend who has that buggy and her and her dh rave about it!

Nope but I am getting back pain and rib pain in the afternoon and evening. I guess the third tri is going to get uncomfortable!

Did you do any more buggy research? You inspired me and dh to go and try out a few. We had a look at the Uppababy Vista, Uppababy Cruz and a few others. I'm so unsure! The Vista is massive! We live in a Victorian terrace and I'm scared it will be a squeeze. The Cruz is a bit smaller but I've read that it's a bit of a bumpy ride and not good off road.

Anyone else looking?

hey girls. just wanted to update/vent. I did a bunch of housework this morning and gave my dog a bath. shortly after I started having real bad backache and almost like I was going to get my period. I went pee and saw light pink blood. I'VE gone a few times since and my pee has a red tint but I amnot bleeding enough to go through or anything. I called my dr and waiting to hear back. I hope eeverything is ok...

Eek - hope everything's okay. I know it is worrying to see any kind of blood but it sounds like you might have just been overdoing it a bit. Lie down or sit with your feet up , drink lots of fluids and get your dh to wait on you hand and foot. I'm sure your doctor will put your mind at rest - try not to worry ( easy to say and less easy to do I know!)

Can you take the day off tomorrow to give yourself some rest?

I am off tmrw thank God. The dr said it could be from sex las night but if I think it's something more to go to hospital otherwise they'll see me tmrw at the office.

I am off tmrw thank God. The dr said it could be from sex las night but if I think it's something more to go to hospital otherwise they'll see me tmrw at the office.

Hi Babydust
Please please please take it easy. And if you don't start feeling better, definitely goto hospital just to be checked out. I'm sure it'll pass and be fine but just be safe :)
xx

Nope but I am getting back pain and rib pain in the afternoon and evening. I guess the third tri is going to get uncomfortable!

Did you do any more buggy research? You inspired me and dh to go and try out a few. We had a look at the Uppababy Vista, Uppababy Cruz and a few others. I'm so unsure! The Vista is massive! We live in a Victorian terrace and I'm scared it will be a squeeze. The Cruz is a bit smaller but I've read that it's a bit of a bumpy ride and not good off road.

Anyone else looking?

My friend took me stroller shopping today and I felt even more overwhelmed. I don't understand the lingo. It was easier buying a car! There was one called the BOB which may be canadian - but it was really simple and light and easy to manoeuvre. I'm getting a little tempted by that now! I also don't want a massive one - party because I'm quite petite and won't be able to move a huge one!

Went to the Dr and he had me take off my bottoms to check things out. When he looked there was no blood. He said he thinks it may be from sex 2 days ago. Said there's more discharge than normal. So i could have a yeast infection or something else going on there. So he didn't see anything to panic about. He said my cervix is still closed. Told him i haven't felt him move really today so he sent me to the hospital because of the things in the past with me. I went up there and they hooked me up for an hour on the monitor to check for contractions and movement. I'm assuming no contractions because they said everything with him looks/sounds great. Didn't get an actual ultrasound like i was hoping, but to hear him for an hour was very comforting. I could feel a couple movements. The nurse kept asking me if i felt that movement or this movement and i couldn't. So i guess he is moving, i just can't feel it very well. On my way out i heard someone yelling my name from a room. Come to find out my friend had her baby yesterday! She's 3 weeks early.

Dr didn't say anything about taking it easy. I guess he seems to think it was from intercourse. I just find it odd that i did all that strenuous cleaning and started having all this happen. The nurse said the cramping could be from not getting much water in that day. Which could be true because i didn't drink as much yesterday as i normally do. Just a huge scare for me. Never been through any of this, so i wasn't sure if i was going in preterm labor or what. I guess i'm okay though. Best thing is he's okay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->