September 2014 Rainbows- 17 Ladies so far

Haha - one of us liked Alistair, the other Ben, the other Edward! Just goes to show - names are a real personal preference. However, I have to say I love all of your choices, and two of them (Alistair and Edward) were on our shortlist. DH loved Ben but we already have a family member called Ben so that was out. So I'd say from my point of view, you have very good taste ;)

Edward Isaac McDonald. Awesome name.

Out of interest, where is Adlai from? Never heard of it before, but I really like it.

I didn't call them about the blood after the sweep cos they said it was natural to lose a bit of blood and mucus (sorry TMI). I just wanted to wait to see if anything happened, and nothing has so far.

I'm starting to get a bit impatient though :s

My friend said to try to focus on other stuff and keep myself busy. But at the back of my mind, I keep thinking OMG 3 more weeks of this... no thank you!

babydust do you feel impatient too?

hilslo i want more photos!!

I am soooooooooo impatient lol. I was off Monday - Thursday and all I did was think of what I could so to make labor come on. Then I started to really think and im like....omg im scared to death of being a mom and caring for a child. I know it's all completely normal but I am so nervous! I feel like he's dropped some or more engaged at least. Tmrw the 8th is DHs bday. He's hoping baby willnhold out until the 9th LOL. He is so funny. I am feeling a lot of movement right before bed the last two nights. It's getting very painful. I know I'll miss it when he's here. Ahh just so nervous about everything.

I am soooooooooo impatient lol. I was off Monday - Thursday and all I did was think of what I could so to make labor come on. Then I started to really think and im like....omg im scared to death of being a mom and caring for a child. I know it's all completely normal but I am so nervous! I feel like he's dropped some or more engaged at least. Tmrw the 8th is DHs bday. He's hoping baby willnhold out until the 9th LOL. He is so funny. I am feeling a lot of movement right before bed the last two nights. It's getting very painful. I know I'll miss it when he's here. Ahh just so nervous about everything.

Yeah I totally get the nervous part. I would definitely be the same had I not had (literally) months off work to get my head around things. now I'm just so bl**dy impatient. Tomorrow I'm getting a repeat sweep and also acupuncture. I've been drinking raspberry leaf tea. We'll see. I just really don't want to get past 41 weeks and have to get induced - that sounds miserable.

Have you got all your shopping done and everything ready?

Hilslo are you sitll in hospital?

Sweep and acupuncture in one day may help him come into this world quicker! Everyone keeps telling me he will come when he's ready. It's so true but at the same time you get so sick of hearing it. I have my dr appt tmrw too. We'll see what he says.

I've heard good things about raspberry leaf tea capsules bringing on labour - I hope it works.

Babydust - how's mat leave treating you - have you got lots planned or are you taking it easy?

We finally decided on a bane for ds. Isaac Edward. Feels good to have finally done it!

I can't give any advice on labour but being a mum is good. There are frustrating parts. We still aren't able to breastfeed but I've learned from friends that most of them struggled at first so hoping we can pick it up eventually. Just realise not everything will work as planned but as long as you love them, do your best and try not to stress over all the little things it's fantastic. I feel unbelievably blessed!

Lovely name Hilslo. Beautiful choice!

Had my dr appt today and not the best news. Cervix still closed and baby has only dropped a little. Dr said baby is very stubborn lol. He has me scheduled for an ultrasound on Thursday to double check and make sure baby is not breech and also to check his weight. He said if baby is over 9lbs he will need to induce asap. If baby is less than that then he won't induce until after 41 weeks (Sept 19th). I hope baby comes soon.. He also said if baby stays high up like he is then he has no choice but c section

Oh babydust. Blah. I'm so sorry that the news wasn't great. I'm glad that they are keeping a close eye on you, however, and have a plan at least. I just hope he comes by himself. I have definitely read a lot of accounts of women going from nothing to proper labour. Not everyone dilates over a matter of weeks.

I feel nothing in terms of stuff moving forward. All I have is a sore back and I feel irritable :( Just want to get going with things now...

That's about how I feel too! Ready to get this show on the road. I really don't want to induce but if I need to then I certainly will. I just don't wanna be selfish and do it just bcz I cant wait to meet him. You know what I mean? I just wish he would come on his own. I can't wait for today to be over so I can see him on the big screen tmrw lol. I have no idea what he looks like. He never cooperated for a 3D so no idea what the facial features even look like. Pretty excited!

Had my ultrasound today. She said he's estimated at 8.2 lbs. Give or take half a lb. I guess normal amniotic fluid is 5-20cm and I've got 37 LOL. So by him having so much they say the baby gets verrry comfy. Great lol. She said he's got 1/2 in of hair at least lol. I sooooo can not wait to hold him! I hope he comes tmrw on his Due Date!!

Attachments

• 20140911_135042.jpg
    20140911_135042.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 5
Well been a long time since I've been on here, but having a rainbow baby a boy :blue: due 25th September 2014 :)

Had my ultrasound today. She said he's estimated at 8.2 lbs. Give or take half a lb. I guess normal amniotic fluid is 5-20cm and I've got 37 LOL. So by him having so much they say the baby gets verrry comfy. Great lol. She said he's got 1/2 in of hair at least lol. I sooooo can not wait to hold him! I hope he comes tmrw on his Due Date!!

He's so cute!!! Look at that handsome little face! And so much hair - that's awesome!! I'm so glad he's well and healthy.

Just had sweep. He said I'm 2-3cm dilated, 50% effaced and cervix soft. Slow but steady progression in the right direction at least!

So exciting ladies!! Any day now and bumps will turn into babies!

Babydust - what a great ultrasound picture! It's really clear!

Londongirl - you sound really close. I hope the sweep worked and next time I log in there will be news!!

Being a mum is amazing. The love for my little man is overwhelming! :)

No news here yet - I've been walking heaps and had what I think *may* have been some contractions last night - they hurt and they were in my lower abdomen - but I'm not reading too much into it until it gets more real. I'm feeling really, really over it now!

It's still hot here - 26* today and 28* tomorrow. It cools down on Wednesday. I can't wait for Autumn/fall. I've always found Autumn the most beautiful season. And I can't wait to dress the little guy up in snuggly clothes. I cannot *wait* to go for walks with him.

Babydust - how are things going for you??

Hilslo - how are you recovering from the C-section? How is the breastfeeding going? I assume you're back home now? do you find you're living in an alternate universe of sleep, feed, change diaper, sleep, feed, change diaper, etc?

Its been fall weather here the last two days and is going to continue for thr next 5 at least. I love this time of year too. Orange leaves, hoodies, hot cocoa, pumpkins...yess! decorated the other night. I have Halloween stuff outside and fall inside. Now just need my baby.

Little nugget is still moving around a ton. So much it hurts some times. He's been quiet this evening but usually he's stretching me to the limit. I am so ready to meet him. I've come to realization that I'll probably be induced. I go Tuesday to talk to dr about it. I'm sure he will set it up for Friday. Going to be a LONG week.

Babydust - you think Friday induction??? Oh I'm envious! My doc wants to wait til 10 days overdue - so that'd be 12 more days for me augh :/

My dr said last week when he first started practicing years and years ago, that they would let moma go 43-44 weeks! I was like eeekkk. He's like fortunately we do not wait that long lol. He said 41 weeks is the longest they go. I'm sure if I wanted to wait longer I could, but I wanna meet my baby! lol. Can't wait any longer.

I got my breast pump out today and used it for the first time. I read online nipple stimulation will release oxytocin which helps you get contractions. Ummm def didn't work for me. I did squeeze out a tiny bit of colostrum. Literally a few drops.

My dr said last week when he first started practicing years and years ago, that they would let moma go 43-44 weeks! I was like eeekkk. He's like fortunately we do not wait that long lol. He said 41 weeks is the longest they go. I'm sure if I wanted to wait longer I could, but I wanna meet my baby! lol. Can't wait any longer.

I got my breast pump out today and used it for the first time. I read online nipple stimulation will release oxytocin which helps you get contractions. Ummm def didn't work for me. I did squeeze out a tiny bit of colostrum. Literally a few drops.

Ouch! My BBs haven't leaked or anything - seem completely dry. i'm just using DH to do the nipple stimulation before DTD!!

I thought I had a contraction this morning but just had to go to the toilet and do…!!

I woke up this morning feeling 100% normal - not at all pregnant. So I thought I'd try an experiment.
As I'm now officially at my due date, I dedicated the day to trying things to start labour. In the past 10 hours I have done/had the following done:

- cleaned the flat
- had a cervical sweep
- acupuncture
- drank red raspberry leaf tea
- danced to 'pump up the jam' vigorously for 10 minutes
- speed walked 4km
- walked up numerous stairs
- ate 6 prunes
- did 20 squats
- ate a spicy meal

later this evening I will be
- DTD ;)
- having a half glass of Shiraz

If ALL of this doens't work, then tomorrow I'm officially giving up trying to cheat nature, and am going to let nature take its own course!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->