September 2014 Rainbows- 17 Ladies so far

Holy smokes mama! LOL i almost went into labor reading that! :haha: Good luck. I hope something works for you! Can't believe you're at your due date!! We've got to have a baby sometime this week, right?! Maybe our babies will have the same bday? How crazy!

Looks like I'll be having baby on Thursday! I have so much amniotic fluid that baby won't engage and cervix won't dilate. So they are giving me that pill to insert down there to help rippen and soften it. They are starting that at the hospital tmrw night at 7. Then starting the pitocin on Thursday. I am so scared, anxious, nervous and excited!!!

Looks like I'll be having baby on Thursday! I have so much amniotic fluid that baby won't engage and cervix won't dilate. So they are giving me that pill to insert down there to help rippen and soften it. They are starting that at the hospital tmrw night at 7. Then starting the pitocin on Thursday. I am so scared, anxious, nervous and excited!!!

Wow babydust - thanks for letting us know. I'm really happy for you that there is a plan. I bet you're feeling pretty over being pregnant now.

I know you're nervous (don't blame you!) but it's gonna be so wonderful and I am SO EXCITED TO SEE A PIC OF YOUR LITTLE GUY!!!!!!

Despite my monumental efforts yesterday to try all natural labour starters, I woke up today again feeling completely normal (i.e. not even pregnant!). I've decided to give up and leave it up to Mother Nature. Was out all day and felt more at ease cos I've just forgotten about it all and will go with the flow.

Waters broke last night. No contractions yet so hospital want me to come in to be admitted and I may be induced if contractions don't start on their own.

Baby dust - our bubs may be twins!!

omg!!!!!! keep us posted! I am at the hospital right now waiting to start the pitocin in 8 hrs. What date and time us it their? it's still 9/17 and 9:50pm.

It's 17th Sept here and 2 hours behind you. We will both have our bubs on 18th Sept lol! How are you feeling about the pitocin? I'm a bit scared about it cos of the pain, tho i'm very open to an epidural. how about you?

I'm scared too lol I think I'm more afraid of it than being a mom.nI am def getting epidural. Screw that LOL. nurse told me to get plenty of sleep. I looked at her like wtf do u mean? there's no sleeping tonight lol. i am too nervous and scared

I am waiting for the induction now. There is something scary about knowing when the pain is coming versus it coming slowly...

Mind you, my sis had an induction and with an epidural said it was absolutely fine!

Been going since 7am and here it is almost 4. I am exhausted and baby is at station 0 and I'm 7cm as of an hr and a half ago. I got an epi at 10 and is numbing left side terrifically but right side I've had a little trouble with. I had to get more medicine at 1230 bcz it was wearing off. Now it is again. Deels like a stabbing pain in the crease of my leg by my vagina. They have me on the highest dose of pitocin and still no baby yet. If baby doesn't change soon they'll have to do c section. I feel like this is drawn out lol. I am so ready to do this but baby isn't happy.

Rowan Charles David entered the world at 6:37pm. Weighing in at 8lbs 12oz and 21.5 inches long. He is so handsome and looks like his daddy. I pushed for 45mins and had one first degree tear.

Just logged on and am now in tears!!! Congratulations!!!

Glad you went with Rowan- I love it!

Enjoy every second. I hope the tear heals well. He's a big baby - no wonder you tore!

Soooo thrilled for you!!!

Londongirl - looking forward to hearing all about your little boy and his appearance.

Our little one, name not yet chosen 100%!, was born 18 sept at 5:40pm weighing 8 pounds 3 oz and 52cm long :)

The birth was really hard and not very pleasant but... We are both in love with him xx

CONGRATS BABYDUST xxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 8
Wooo hoooo!!!! So excited for you! Congratulations!!!!

I can't believe we have our little men at last. It's been a long journey for all of us but I'm thrilled we've made it together.

Can't wait to hear more and hear about your wee man's name!

Are you both home or in the hospital recovering?

Awww congrats Londongirl. Can't wait to hear the name! He is adorable. Our babies will have the same birth date! Can't wait to hear your birth story.

Finally got to come home last night with little guy. We had a good night. He slept most of it. Got up twice. Can't believe how much he looks like his dad. I tried breastfeeding and he tries so hard to latch on but has trouble. He gets so discouraged. It makes me discouraged too. He will latch for 2 sucks then back off. So I've been pumping. I'm getting about 10ml of colostrum per pumping session between both breasts. Obviously that isn't enough so I've had to supplement him with formula. I've felt like such a bad person doing it. It's not what I wanted. I hope my milk comes soon. It feels like I'm watching someone's baby lol. Doesn't seem real that he's mine.

Here's a pic of his take home outfit. Says Worth the Wait. I wanted that bcz he certainly was worth all the miscarriages. He is my little miracle. We all have one! Finally have our rainbows!!

ROWAN IS ADORABLE - oh my gosh that photo!!! Seriously!! Yes - he WAS worth every moment of the wait…

My little guy we named Oscar John. And I have to say I'm in love. His sleep cycle is backwards. He is so sleepy all day and I have to wake him for feeds. Then at 10pm, he comes to life and wants to feed all night. I've had an average of 3h sleep a night - going slightly mad :/

He's a really good feeder actually. His latch is excellent and he'll happily stay on all day. But my boobs are absoultey KILLING me. I was in tears tonight. The nipples are cracking and my boobs are SOOO hard they are like bullets. I still have colostrum. Oddly he's losing more weight than they want and they said if he gets to 10% weight loss they have to supplement. I don't get it - he feeds for like 12 hours a day and poos and pees heaps so I don't know where it's going wrong.

ANyway, We are really happy. How are you going, HIlslo?

Londongirl - babies always lose weight in the first week so it's nothing to worry about unless it's over 10% so don't worry.

Having said that most people I know had to supplement a bit at first as milk doesn't always come in at the same time that baby wants more food.

Great that you've got breastfeeding going but if it's that painful maybe the latch isn't quite right. Could you see a lactation consultant. Best to sort it early to save your nipples!

My dh goes back to work tomorrow so I'm quite scared! My mum is coming down for a couple of days to help but it's not quite the same!

We 're still failing to breastfeed so I'm pretty much resigned to expressing and bottle feeding :-(

Hello ladies - how's it going. Hope the sleep deprivation is treating you kindly!!!

if I hold Rowan he will sleep through the night. I will get up twice to feed. He is such a beautiful boy. I love him so much! He farts so much! My gassy baby lol. Did you girls have your little one circumcised? we did and its finally healed. Felt so bad at first. He moves so quick. loves to squirm and scoot. Can't stay still lol. He is so smart too. Rips his pacifier right out of his mouth and even holds it in there. So smart!

how is everyone doing? how is the babies? Rowan is doing good. He had a couple nights of spells of screaming for 3 hrs. it was awful. I started crying and questioning if i am meant to be a mom. I am doing better now. it was just overwhelming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->