September 2014 Rainbows- 17 Ladies so far

Anyone have their baby yet?! lol.

Happy 39 weeks Hilslo.

When are you ladies going on maternity leave? I know Hilslo already is. I'm off Mon-Thursday. I work Friday and the weekend then I will be. Sept 7th is my last day. I will be 39w2d. I think that's fair enough lol. He is pushing so hard on my belly lately. I'll post a pic of last night. I was laying on my side for 30 mins or better and when I turned over on my back this is what he looked like. I think it was his bum.

Also are any of you doing a gift for the nurse's? I made a lollipop tree as a thank you gift. I'll post a pic of that too.

Attachments

• IMG_20140831_140827.jpg
    IMG_20140831_140827.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 20140831_013225.jpg
    20140831_013225.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 2
Hello - no baby yet but csection is booked in for Wednesday. I'm still gutted not to be having a natural birth (I hate knowing when it's going to happen - strange as Im usually terrible with surprises!) but I'm also super excited to finally meet him!!!

We still don't have a name though - eek! I hope we get some divine inspiration when he makes his grand appearance!

We are also thinking of getting the doctors and nurses a gift (the ones at the Early Pregnancy Unit who have been amazing through all my struggles).

I love the cake lollipops you have made but being stuck in hospital (I've been in for a week now and am definitely climbing the walls!) I think we'll end up buying something. We're toying with wine but appreciate that they might not all like their vino as much as we do!

Anyone else looking forward to having a nice cold glass after their babies arrive. I've already instructed dh to get sushi and a glass of cold Chablis for my first meal when I get home! Don't worry - I plan to stick to one glass so baby won't be drunk!!!!

Wow Wednesday?!?! Are you getting really nervous? I have been pretty good about the mindset of giving birth, but the last 2 days I've been real worried about it. Just get that unsure feeling of Am I going to be a good mom? How am I suppose to keep this baby alive? I hope I produce enough milk. How am I going to push a 6lb + baby out of my vagina? Is baby going to have all fingers and toes?

I had surgery at 17w3d to remove that tumor and I pray the epi and spinal didn't interfere with his growth or well being. I've been worrying so much. I am just scared to death of it all, but then again I feel like I will just deal with it and be the best mom I can be. Just so nervous and can't believe it will be anyday now for any of us.

Omg and wine..... yes. I have been thinking and dreaming about it for some time lol. Will be one of the first few things I do! Sushi isn't my thing, but I've been dying to have a huge cold turkey sandwich. I haven't eaten any cold deli meat since pregnant bcz of bacteria. So I want a huge double Decker turkey sandwich lol. mmmm......

I also am not set on a name. I think we will probably go with Rowan or Ashton. I can tell DH doesn't care for Rowan and I feel bad if I go with that.

Hehe - glad I'm not the only one with wine on her mind!!!

I know the last minute fears too! I know he's alive and kicking but now I'm starting to worry, what if he 'a blind or has some kind of disability that's not been picked up? I just want to have him in my arms and know he's happy and healthy. I can't believe we are soooo close! It still feels quite surreal!!

The girl in the bed next to mine in the hospital got bad news today. She's 24 weeks and has got pre-eclampsia. She had a scan today and the news was not good. It's still alive but struggling and they sent her for bereavement counselling. I really feel for her and know if I were her I would not want 9 month pregnant me in the bed next door. It seems cruel. I wonder if they will move one of us? I hope so for her sake.

It so reminded me of the emotional pain though. That awful, awful feeling that you can't get through it.

Awww poor girl. I know what you're saying and coming from. I couldn't imagine being that far and having something happen. I really feel for her.

Babydust - you've done SO well to work so late into the pregnancy - I've been off since 28 weeks lol! Though it wasn't by choice, obviously, as we were moving countries. But still, I'm well impressed you've worked so long. The lollypop tree you're giving the nurses is SO SO SO cute. Did you make it yourself? I was just going to take some chocolates. Tho' I would definitely do the lollipop tree if it were easy enough…

Hilslo - gosh I'm so sorry you're still in hospital, and that you're having to go ahead with the planned C-Section. But, yes, you must be SO excited to meet him!!!! I'd be climbing the walls too - and all the more time to think about things you're missing like wine - how good will that first glass taste? I've asked my husband to bring a bottle of sparkling white wine to the hospital to celebrate afterwards!

As for me, all has been going well. But recently, I've also started having fear, like both of you have. Literally I was fine til about a week ago. I started worrying about the birth, about his health, how I'll cope as a mum, etc. Then, I had my weekly doc's appointment on Friday morning, and beforehand I noticed that he wasn't moving much. (he usually moves almost 24-7). And I totally flipped out. It completely brought back the pain and trauma of the two early losses I had. And I just imagined the unimaginable - it was horrible.

Anyway, the doc checked me out and all is perfect with him (and he's moving constantly again). I spoke to her about my fears and she was SO reassuring. But, yeah, I guess we've come SOOO far and are so close, these fears are normal given what we've been through.

So we've bought almost everything now. Our place isn't very big so he doesn't have a nursery, just his mini crib next to our bed, and then his stuff is stored in the spare room. We both agree that we don't want the whole flat dominated by baby stuff, so will *try* to contain it to the spare room, and keep the TV and kitchen adult-friendly - are we delusional? ;)

Oh I've been having acupuncture to encourage cervical ripening. And eating 6 dates a day. I just want him out now please!!! I'm ready!!!!

PS Hilslo - I am *SO EXCITED* to see photos of your little guy!!!! OMG only one day to go!!!!!!

PPS Hilslo - I think you can change your status from 'TTC number 1' to 'pregnant' ;)

Hilslo I'm stalking this page like a crazy woman! I think your little guy must be here now!! I'm soooo excited to hear how things went. I know you will have better things to do with your time. But I can't wait to hear xox

Lol same here!! I wanna know the deets and see that precious boy!

He's here and I'm head over heels in love!! 51cm and 7lb 6oz. How do I attach photos on the mobile site?

Hit go advanced, then hit the paper clip looking icon to upload. congrats!!! I can't wait to see him and hear the story!

Hmm... I can't find the go advanced option so may have to wait for photos!

Bean still has no name though I think the major contenders are 1. Alistair Isaac MacDonald. 2. Edward Isaac MacDonald or 3. Benjamin Adlai MacDonald - I'd love to know your thoughts!)

So far life has pbeen pretty full on. Bean is seriously struggling with breast feeding. He screams at the positioning and refuses to latch on. He works himself up so much that he turns bright red all over and we have to give him a long cuddle to calm down and then he promptly falls asleep. We've had to resort to formula to ensure he's hydrated but he's not getting enough and so they're keeping us in until we can establish a better routine. I was really worried that my milk wouldn't come in properly because he hasn't been suckling so the midwives showed me how to hand express but the colostrum only comes out in tiny amounts. However, I'm v relieved to see that my milk has come in today and thankfully there seems to be a very good supply. I'm currently sitting in the expressing room hooked up to an industrial strength expressing machine. Now I know how cows feel when they're being milked!
Any updates from you ladies?

When you're typing your comment on your phone and go to hit 'post quick reply' theres a button next to it that says 'go advanced'. Hit that and then up top of the box you're writing in has a paperclip icon. Click it then upload picture :)

I am so happy things are going well. How are you feeling emotionally? Are you overwhelmed? I hope little guy starts latching on better for you. I know it can't be easy trying to feed a starving baby but he's not cooperating. Just give it time and things will work out.

I had a dr appt on the 2nd and dr said my cervix is closed. wth? It was just 1cm dilated 2 weeks ago. So no progress. Actually back peddled. I still have not experienced one single Braxton hicks contraction. No mucus plug has fallen out. Dr said baby is still high. So it looks like I'll be going past my due date. I've been trying to walk, squat and lunge but nothing happening. Seems he's moving less and less which freaks me out but I know his space is limited. I have a dr appt on Tuesday the 9th so we will see what Dr says then.

Last day of work tmrw! So happy.

Right I've managed to go to the desktop site on my mobile and fine as instructed - hopefully this will work. He's a chubby cheeked grumpy little monkey who has not allowed me or dh much sleep since arriving but we love him anyway!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 2
Baby dust - don't worry about braxton hicks or lack of. Some pregnancies have them, some don't (and sometimes people don't notice they're having then as they think it's movement).
You will have the baby one day very soon. You've waited this long. I day enjoy your mat leave and time off before bubs arrives - you never know how long your going to get!

As my MIL said - be patient ( you have no choice!)

Can't wait to hear it when it does!

Thank you ♡

and OMG!!!!!!! he is soooo handsome. I am so in love! can only imagine what you feel. After looking at him he looks like a Benjamin to me, but that is totally your call! :)

Hilslo - you and your hubby produce seriously gorgeous children. He looks so perfect... I am also in love with him!!

Sorry feeding has been hard :( gosh I can only imagine how exhausting that is.

As baby dust asked, how are you feeling emotionally?

I went for my 38.5 week appt. I'm 1-2cm dilated and doc suggested I have a sweep. I wasn't sure but went for it. Lost some of my mucus plug and it was quite bloody. But has nothing since. I know I'm not even at my due date yet. But I want things to start going! It's still bloody hot here (28* today) and the flat is a sauna so I'm not sleeping well an just feeling generally sorry for myself!

Ps I LOVE with a passion the name alistair. And I think alistair McDonald sounds so cute and Scottish - not sure if that's what you want but I love it :)

Thanks for your name inputs. We're hoping to make a final decision before we're released from hospital tomorrow. I think we're veering towards Edward as we both like the shortened version, Ed and I think Woody is such a cute short version for when he's a kid.

Londongirl - being nearly full term and in 28 degrees cannot be fun! I really feel for you! I always want to lie on my back :-(
What did your mw say about your bloody show?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->