September 2017 Testers - Hoping to "Fall" Pregnant - 18 BFPs & Counting!

Hi all! I'm joining you here now that AF has shown up. Not sure when I'll be testing since my cycles are slightly irregular, but sometime in mid-Sept. :) And yay, fellow Canadians!

Tove, I'm taking prenatals + Omega 3 (for brain development, not conception) + calcium and magnesium (partly to sway girl, but they seem to be good for TTC in general). I hadn't heard about B6--will look into that.

Tove - I'm talking a few supplements/vitamins/superfoods. I don't know if they help specifically with fertility but I know they're good for overall health which does contribute to fertility health, it's all related. I'm taking Maca, Fish Oil, Goji Berry, Magnesium, Iron & Royal Jelly. In addition to my prenatal multivitamin.

Sorsha - Welcome, I'll put you with the undecided crew until you get a better idea.

Thanks Dream and Sorsha! I think I might need some more superfoods too, at least it can't hurt. Will look into that now!

Ive been on b6 for about 6wks now(50mg daily). Last cycle it lengthened my follicular phase by 2 days and my luteal phase by 1,5 days (this took me from 24 day cycle to 28 days and put my lp at more than 12 days). Still waiting to see what happens this cycle, but all good so far.

Ive been on b6 for about 6wks now(50mg daily). Last cycle it lengthened my follicular phase by 2 days and my luteal phase by 1,5 days (this took me from 24 day cycle to 28 days and put my lp at more than 12 days). Still waiting to see what happens this cycle, but all good so far.

Wow that's great results! That surely must improve your fertility. Do you take any other b vitamins? I remember reading that you can/should take b6 with another b vit (don't remember which) to keep everything balanced (or something like that).

I take Maca, Ubiquinol (the pure form of CoQ10) and DHEA (I'm old with a low ovarian reserve).

Bloblo, thanks for mentioning that B6 lengthened your time until O as well! I already have slightly longer than usual cycles in that regard (I Oed on CD 15 or 16 last cycle) and don't want to delay it any longer than that. Doing some googling, it looks like that's a common side effect. I can live with a 12 day LP. :)

Wow that's great results! That surely must improve your fertility. Do you take any other b vitamins? I remember reading that you can/should take b6 with another b vit (don't remember which) to keep everything balanced (or something like that).

You should make sure that you get enough b12 and magnesium for b6 to be 100% effective. I have a diet high in b12 anyway (grass fed beef/lamb, eggs, cheese), so not taking any additional supplements.

Bloblo, thanks for mentioning that B6 lengthened your time until O as well! I already have slightly longer than usual cycles in that regard (I Oed on CD 15 or 16 last cycle) and don't want to delay it any longer than that. Doing some googling, it looks like that's a common side effect. I can live with a 12 day LP. :)

Ive heard that it only lengthens follicular phase in the cases where your eggs need more time to develop, if you are already ovulating at the optimum time, then this part of cycle will not be longer due to b6. (But i cannot seem to confirm this with medical evidence).
Anyway, i agree, your 12day lp is probably long enough for successful implantation.

TMI - EWCM! It's on! I'm so glad. I hate the wait!!!!

Hi ladies! Can I join? Just finishing af now so in a couple days it officially will be our first month ttc #2! Im super excited! We have a spunky spitfire dd who just turned 2 july 11th. My next af is due sept 8th so I will be testing then if I can hold out that long!

I got pregnant cycle #3 last time and all we did was use conceive plus lube. Will be doing the same this time around. And I just bought a boatload of ic off amazon and cant wait to poas! Lol

Please add me! I will tentatively be testing 9/13. I have not tracked my cycles since we conceived our son almost 5 years ago. I'm so excited to start this journey again! Good luck ladies!

Welcome Rach and bboo - you've both been added.

Good Luck!

Looks like it's time for me to join September!

I'm on antibiotics (again!) for the next 6 days so my temps won't be super reliable, but it looks like I'll be testing Sept 8.

Fingers crossed and :dust: to everyone this month!

Ooh cheshire we have the same test date! Yay

I'm still hanging out in the August thread. AF isn't due until Monday-Wednesday, but I'm starting to get some mild cramps. Starting to think I'm out this month, but we'll see. Still got a couple days.

Anyway, for those of you who didn't get your BFP this month, is there anything you are going to be doing differently this go around? My sleep schedule should be more normal this cycle so I'm going to do my best to temp EVERY morning, same time. And I also really need to start taking my nutrition seriously... I'm just such a picky eater! Simple carbs and cheese are my life!

I'm taking prenatals + Omega 3 (for brain development, not conception) + calcium and magnesium (partly to sway girl, but they seem to be good for TTC in general).

We're trying to sway for a girl as well. Do you take separate calcium and magnesium supplements or are they combined into one? I've been wanting to do this, but I didn't know if it would have bad side effects or be a nutrient overload since I also take a prenatal.

Anyway, for those of you who didn't get your BFP this month, is there anything you are going to be doing differently this go around?

We are using pre-seed this month for the first time. Hoping it is lucky!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->