*September Sapphires/October Opals 2023*

I’m lucky actually as my OB is all in for a natural
Birth. Not very common among OBs. But we don’t get a choice of midwife vs OB. I also had my 2nd without medication and it was fine, though it was terribly quick! And I was free ti move around. And had some music with me.

Hooe things get moving for you!!! So close now!!

@happyface82 yeah in the UK we can still move around etc but I found I didn't do a lot lol. The no gas and air would worry me though, it's all I had for both my births I love the stuff!
I do wonder why we are told not to sleep on our backs yet in labour it's expected to lie on your back for hours and hours seems daft! Also here it's the midwives that do all the delivering the docs only step in at the end if there's any problems

@happyface82 yeah in the UK we can still move around etc but I found I didn't do a lot lol. The no gas and air would worry me though, it's all I had for both my births I love the stuff!
I do wonder why we are told not to sleep on our backs yet in labour it's expected to lie on your back for hours and hours seems daft! Also here it's the midwives that do all the delivering the docs only step in at the end if there's any problems
Exactly!! I loved gas and air!! Gave me smt to focus on. Will be interesting to see how things will turn out in the end!

Going to be keeping an eye on this thread now to see you ladies go into labour!

Just lost the entirety of my mucus plug! Thankfully I was in the shower so not much of a mess to worry about lol. It’s 5 mins shy of 10pm here so I’m going to try to rest after my youngest is off to bed in a few mins but we shall see!

Just lost the entirety of my mucus plug! Thankfully I was in the shower so not much of a mess to worry about lol. It’s 5 mins shy of 10pm here so I’m going to try to rest after my youngest is off to bed in a few mins but we shall see!
Aaaaaah exciting!!! Looking forward to more updates!!

Why is my baby so comfy?! :rofl: he’s gotta vacate today, he just has to. I got about 6 hours of sleep split in 2 so feeling decent. Got up and cleaned up the house, kids are still snoozing and I think I’ll sneak a couple laps around the block in before they wake up and see if I can get things happening. Eek! Labour vibes are all welcome today lol

Thank you! All went well! Baby measuring a little ahead as always. 37+5 and she is 3.400kg. I was so worried I’ll have her early I’ve been very cautious in not overdoing it. I think once I hit 38 weeks I will try to get her out I don’t want to risk going over and having to have a c-section.

Any luck with you @Momof2onetube?

Awesome news!!! So happy you’ve made it to term, hopefully your girly decides she’s ready shortly :)
Not much here. I’m 4cm dilated. Went for a growth scan this morning, back down to 83rd percentile this week but everything is functioning perfectly and baby is still very happy and active! I no longer have to have an OB consult for induction and can rest and let my boy choose his birthday :happydance: I’m so relieved and so happy

That’s such amazing news!!! Percentiles change from week to week. We were also on 97th last time and then about 82th yesterday.
So happy for you! I bet you are sooo relieved!!!

@happyface82 yes! So thankful the thresholds change per week! I’m so so relieved. We’re definitely having similar growing babies :haha: my guy is estimated at 8lbs 6oz now so either last one was off or this one is off or who knows :rofl: I’m just happy he’s being left alone
@josephine3 it sounds crazy :rofl: it’s extremely uncomfortable for sure. 4cm and my mucus plug is gone too so I’m a literal ticking timebomb at this point! My pelvis feels like it’s been smashed with a sledgehammer multiple times lol hurts to walk and move around, rolling over in bed is interesting to say the least . The noises that come from me sometimes lol oh and if I sneeze, it feels like I’m going to shoot my baby right out :rofl: but it hurts so bad lol no contracting yet but my midwife keeps stressing that when contractions start.. page page page! My cervix is super soft so she figures I’ll go from 0-100 really fast. Eek

That pressure on the pelvis over here as well!! Oh my!! I’m only having scans at the moment so not sure what’s happening down there :haha:

I think your midwife is right though!! Will be looking for that update!! :cloud9:

I guess it’s pelvic girdle pain - of course it has a name lol what doesn’t anymore? But really, it freaking hurts and I’m not getting much sleep because of it. I’m grumpier as the days go on :haha: heeeeelp. How am I even still pregnant!? I’m shocked honestly, truly shocked

Update: went to bed about 20 minutes past midnight and woke up to pee about 1:45am. I had a lot of pressure when I sat up, like a lot. Waddled to the bathroom, I left the bathroom and felt like I’d peed myself so I went back, peed some more. Left the bathroom and the same thing, running down my leg. Then I knew I wasn’t peeing myself. Since baby isn’t engaged I was told to lay down and page, so I did. I’m now to wait for contractions and page after 10-15 mins of regular ones given how dilated I already am. It’s now 3:51am and nothing regular yet so I have to try to get some rest!

Aaaaah come on baby!!! He really doesn’t want to come out, does he?

hope things get moving soon and you get to have some cuddles in no time :cloud9:

Lol!! I think my body is trying to evict him and he’s just in there going NOPE! It’s just past 7am now so I imagine my midwife will check in with me soon. Still just leaking away

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->