*September Sapphires/October Opals 2023*

Congrats on team pink!! I updated the front page :)
My cervical length was perfect again, so no more checks needed. I sense a big boy on my hands, his estimated weight was already 3lbs2oz at 28wks :rofl: I start biweekly appts this week, time is just flying and I feel so unprepared. Doing a lot of hiding in my air conditioned house now lol so grateful for that much. Siblings are getting very anxious and excited now, I love it
That’s perfect about cervical length!!
Mine was same estimated weight as yours only at 26 weeks \\:D/ Will be interesting to see how big they are at the end. Had my glucose test and it came back ok.
My daughter is doing better, thank you! It was a tough week abroad for surgery. Very stressful. But she is much better now so we are very relieved.

Oh I’m so glad surgery went well. I can only imagine how stressful it was, least it’s behind you and was worth it! Good news on the glucose, mine was also fine, think we’re pretty well smooth sailing from here .. except feeling like a beached whale :haha:

Hi ladies! Hope everyone is doing well. The weeks are flying by. I’m getting together my checklist of things needed for my out of hospital water birth now as everything has gone in my favour so far, so I’m still cleared :happydance: I had maternity photos done last week, I cannot wait to get those back! And yesterday I had a 3D done to see little man, I’m absolutely in love with him. Going for a growth scan on the 12th as his head is measuring on the bigger side, but we won’t bug him unless I hit 40 weeks (I’ve never seen 40 weeks so that’s not a concern of mine, more so keeping him in!). Checking my cervical length one final time then as well, curious to see if it’s still good and strong. He’s been head down for a couple of weeks without flipping back to breech now too. That’s about it here :) counting down the days to 37 weeks now!

Attachments

• IMG_7239.jpeg
    IMG_7239.jpeg
    286.8 KB · Views: 7
Hi ladies! Hope everyone is doing well. The weeks are flying by. I’m getting together my checklist of things needed for my out of hospital water birth now as everything has gone in my favour so far, so I’m still cleared :happydance: I had maternity photos done last week, I cannot wait to get those back! And yesterday I had a 3D done to see little man, I’m absolutely in love with him. Going for a growth scan on the 12th as his head is measuring on the bigger side, but we won’t bug him unless I hit 40 weeks (I’ve never seen 40 weeks so that’s not a concern of mine, more so keeping him in!). Checking my cervical length one final time then as well, curious to see if it’s still good and strong. He’s been head down for a couple of weeks without flipping back to breech now too. That’s about it here :) counting down the days to 37 weeks now!

Love love love the pic!! Glad all is going well!
I’m having a Doppler scan this week. I’m
High risk for my placenta not working well so hoping it goes well. With my daughter I had IUGR and because of that she was early at 35 weeks and I’m so not ready!!! Eeeeek. We are renovating the house and need to get things in order first!!
Other than that struggling with the heat, but at least I’m not eating much because of that :haha:

Are we all doing ok??
@happyface82 have you managed to make it past 35 this time? How are things?
My not so little man was 94th percentile for overall growth at the 32 week scan, my cervical length hadn’t even budged a tiny bit then either. Still head down, I stop my baby Aspirin after tonight :happydance: see my MW on Wednesday, go over my final birth plan. I’m all packed, my van is loaded up with my labour bag, diaper bag and car seat installed. I’m ready but I’m so not ready, so many emotions!

@Momof2onetube glad to hear all is well!!! Eeeek. Not long now!!

I’m 36 weeks now!! Happy for that. Had too many tight stings yesterday though was worried smt is happening. Feeling a little better this morning. I’m hoping to get another week as I have nothing ready yet. We were renovating and are not moving in till next Wednesday. Need to wash baby’s clothes, install car seat and pack a back!!

Also, I’m doing blood thinning injections and was told that 12 hours after I’ve done one I can’t have an epidural :blush: so hooooping any action will happen overnight so I can have that option :haha:

Good luck!! I was feeling that way last week, very on edge and nervous about every little pinch and pain being something happening. Meanwhile I went for a growth scan this morning and my cervical length has yet to budge :rofl: the tech was so lovely and checked without it being requested, she was just curious for herself since I was sent back for multiple growth and cervical checks lol. My guy is estimated at 8lbs5oz now :wacko: I’m to unload my van and keep my bags in the house though because my midwife thinks I should prepare for a homebirth rather than at their birthing suite. She figures when this baby decides he’s coming, he’s coming and quick. My first boy was only 1 hour of active labour so I do understand her reasoning. The nerves are certainly setting in now

Wow so similar to me!!!
With my son I had my first contraction at 11am (15 min apart from the next one etc.) I went in at noon, got checked was 6cm dilated and within 10 min my waters broke and he was here! So 1:15 all in all! I’m so worried I’ll be having this one in the car! :dohh:

How interesting!! I see your boy held on til nearly his due date like mine too. Hmmm. Do you have far to travel to your hospital??

How interesting!! I see your boy held on til nearly his due date like mine too. Hmmm. Do you have far to travel to your hospital??
Depends where I travel from! If I’m at work it’s not so close as there is traffic. If I’m at home it’s about 15min. Will be interesting to see how it plans out.

Are you not taking a leave?! Or is your work pretty relaxed? I’m so swollen I can’t even get anything on my feet :rofl: let alone work! My goodness. Definitely curious to see how things go! I’m in that place of I’m so ready to have this baby but I’m so terrified of having to actually have him lol

Ha ha I’m the same!

I run my own company so it’s hard to have time off but I don’t work full time at the moment. I usually go in for 3-4 hours then come home to rest.

I thought I was in labour last night. Has contractions for about 5 hours. From 2 to 10 minutes apart, they last almost 1 minute. It then suddenly stopped so hopefully she will stay put for at least another week! :cloud9:

Ohhh she’s teasing you!! Well you’re almost term now, so there’s that milestone just ahead. Thankfully I haven’t had false labour yet. Touch wood lol. I’m not reeeeeeady. Like I’ve mentally not got myself prepared to do this yet lol plus last minute things around the house that I’m procrastinating because I’m always swollen and tired. Argh
We went so quiet. I hope everyone else is getting on ok!

I’ve hit 38 weeks. Holy lol. Saw midwife on Saturday, she said any day now, she can tell just by my walk :rofl: the waddle is real! I spent all of Saturday night in false labour, that sucked. My main midwife is on call as of 6pm tonight til Saturday now. Things have to get moving this week or else they want to have me go for a consultation for induction and I’m not ok with that. Given this is my 4th and he’s no small baby, they fear he will get stuck at the shoulders. I’m ready to go now, mentally, emotionally and all of my home birth supplies are in and the house is tidied up now. Only a matter of time!!

I bet you are now ready!! Hopefully things will get moving this week!! Fingers crossed!

I’m seeing my doctor on Wednesday. My little one is also on the bigger side so they are also worried about getting her out. Will be interesting to see what he says on Wednesday. I’ll by just shy of 38 weeks!

And just like that my home birth is out the window :cry: being he’s 97th percentile I’m only being given 24 more hours to go into labour naturally before a consult for an induction. Which will likely lead me right up to L&D. I’m devastated. I had a stretch and sweep this aft and have bounced on my ball and done different positions without pushing too hard cause I also need rest tonight. Regardless I’m not being allowed an out of hospital birth and I’m just so so sad. I’ve worked so hard for it :cry:
Good luck on Wednesday @happyface82 I hope your appt goes well and you get better news than me! Either way we’ll obviously have our babies shortly right?

And just like that my home birth is out the window :cry: being he’s 97th percentile I’m only being given 24 more hours to go into labour naturally before a consult for an induction. Which will likely lead me right up to L&D. I’m devastated. I had a stretch and sweep this aft and have bounced on my ball and done different positions without pushing too hard cause I also need rest tonight. Regardless I’m not being allowed an out of hospital birth and I’m just so so sad. I’ve worked so hard for it :cry:
Good luck on Wednesday @happyface82 I hope your appt goes well and you get better news than me! Either way we’ll obviously have our babies shortly right?

Oh no! so sorry to hear that! :hugs: It’s upsetting when you are so close! I had my son at a birth center while, whilst living in the UK and it was such a wonderful experience. Dreading the more “medicalised” birth here in Greece now.
Hope all goes well and just focus on the fact that soon you’ll be getting lots of cuddles!! :cloud9::cloud9:

Good luck ladies!!
@happyface82 just for another perspective, I had my first at a birth centre here in the UK, and it was horrific. It was terribly mismanaged, I had a big 3rd degree tear, hemorrhage, passed out, it was just awful.. I had to have a spinal after to check for retained placenta....
By contrast my second was a regular hospital birth and it was just perfect! Went so smoothly I'm definitely doing the same again this time x

Good luck ladies!!
@happyface82 just for another perspective, I had my first at a birth centre here in the UK, and it was horrific. It was terribly mismanaged, I had a big 3rd degree tear, hemorrhage, passed out, it was just awful.. I had to have a spinal after to check for retained placenta....
By contrast my second was a regular hospital birth and it was just perfect! Went so smoothly I'm definitely doing the same again this time x
That’s nice to hear. But I think I’m the UK you are allowed to move around and birth in different positions right? Here in Greece you are strapped on a bed, not moving much, not getting up and then when it’s time you push you are moved to the theatre with lights, legs up etc. That's what I don’t like about it. I wish I could be free to move around in the room etc. I have a feeling that being strapped on the bed on my back will make everything more painful.

Forgot to add. Because I’m having blood thinking injections I’m not allowed to hate an epidural for 12 hours after my last injections. So basically if I go into labour in the day I have no pain relief. We also don’t have gas and air here.
Am I overthinking this?

I’ve never used any pain management with any of my babies, us women are stronger than we know! Hopefully you can if that’s the route you’re planning but it’s totally possible without too :hugs:
I’m still holding on here, another s&s was done around lunchtime and I’m not up for induction til Thursday/Friday now. I’ve gone from 2cm to 3 cm since yesterday and my cervix is VERY soft. I’m pretty crampy though. Another s&s planned for tomorrow if still nothing happening. My boy is COZY lol.
We’re not necessarily bed bound in hospital if under a midwife’s care in Canada, if we use an OB then yes they expect you to stay in bed on your back for the most part. I can stay under my midwife so long as I don’t require medical intervention like Pitocin for induction. Here our OBs like medication, our midwives like natural basically. It’s annoying, midwives reach points where they require OB consults all throughout pregnancies too. It’s kind of a puppet show :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->