****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

It just surprises me now! She was so quiet up until 29/30 weeks. I was always saying how I didn't get many hard kicks at all and she wasn't over active even though placenta is posterior. Now she's wobbling around everywhere. Think it's probably because she's too big to hide now. :haha:

Moomad sorry to hear your sad news but glad to hear you've got yourself sorted with a lovely fella! It's nice to have you around for a chat!

Poor Shorman, I will go and check out her thread in a minute. I hope baby stays put for now.

Nursekel fab news about the ventolin. I might up my inhalers ha ha!

My little one has been lively all day today and I am feeling much less sore, so that's gotta be good! 32 weeks today, so another 2 weeks and I would be far happier.

Was my last day at work today. Can't believe I'm all done now!

My colleagues had decorated my desk and bought me some really cute presents. Also, I got a surprise delivery of flowers from my lovely DH :cloud9:

Elphaba that is so lovely x

Scotsgirl - congrats on team pink x

Asher - not surprised you went loopy. In the current climate business' know they can get away with shoddy treatment as people are scared for their job security

Babythinkpink - sorry you are still feeling rough - glad your DH is looking after you

Nursekel - glad they have you on ventolin and have a plan

Moomad - really sorry for your loss :cry: lovely of you to pop by.

I've been a busy bee today. I managed to get an Avent Bottle warmer and a Fisher Price Travel Playmat for £5 each at the NCT sale this morning. This afternoon I bought a Lumilove Panda Nightlight and a Widgey Breastfeeding cushion from the NCT online-shop. I have a code for 20% off and free p&p when you spend £50 it's CE0510.

I then popped onto JoJo Maman Bebe and bought a Maxi Dress in the sale for £15 and found a 10%off and free p&p code which is VIL01 so I got it for £13.50. Hurrah!

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend
xx

Mrs JO8 you're quite the sassy shopper there! Yay, I love buying bargains!

Yesterday I really enjoyed buying mini toiletries and packing them all into my hospital bag (I thought I'd better after the events of the week!) - now I've done it, it makes me quite excited for the thought of a little baby, smelling all sweet and all mine! (and DH's and the boys obviously.....)

Oh Moomad...you can chat with us! I wanna hear all about your better specimen of man!
I'm with Em on this - your still a september star.........so give us the goss! :hugs:

Em :hugs: for the rant, i don't blame you hun - some people have no f*****g idea do they?

Asher hang on in the hunny & Kel great news hun!

Carley - i KNOW you went to the next sale!!!!!!! :haha:

DH took me on a shopping spree today, that is we went to try & offload some of our wedding vouchers before they all expire on us. We drove 50 mile for a John Lewis (which i could kill his brother for - we'd never stepped foot in there in our lives......why?) only to end up having the sales woman order what we wanted online as they shop didn't have them in stock :dohh:.
Next had feck all in (god i hate that shop) & we can't find anything in the catalogue we'd like, good job we don't have as much in vouchers for there as we though!
Marks & Spencers.........£90 bloody quid i gotta find something for in there :shrug:.
I did buy a cute little Hello Kitty solar powered sunshine buddy for my car though (not using vouchers) :haha:, oh & i bought a professional icing kit from Lakeland with our vouchers from there........finally i will have beautiful looking cupcakes :happydance:.

On the negative side i still can't decide how to have the baby's room (furniture wise). It's a small room with 2 wardrobes, a chest of drawers, baby changing/bathing unit, 2 sets of drawers (which were the ends of my taken apart dressing table) stacked on top of each other, computor table & office size filling cabinet in it! It is all very cramped but fits.......but the place just doesn't 'flow' anyone with me here? I just want a nice pretty room for my baby & DH doesn't see what the problem is......in his mind the furniture is there & functional.......so what's the problem :dohh: free husband anyone???

Hhmmmm off to think it some more, sorry for rant folks :hugs: to you all xxx

Oh I get you Limpetsmum. There's nothing worse than KNOWING it all fits and works, but also really really knowing there's something just not quite right. My DH despairs of me, cos I am like this all the time!!

Hello ladies!!!

Well we went new car shopping, still can't decide what we want!! We love our Golf but we really need a 5 door, just to make life easier more than anything!! I think because we are so reluctant to get rid of our car that we are being fussy lol!!

Had my last antenatal class today, I am sure they work on commision for breastfeeding!!

Asher! Thank god there is someone else out there like me! I know i've got worse during pregnancy but i'm a stickler for liking things 'just so'. Men eh :dohh:

Is it just me or is there NOTHING decent on the telly tonight? DH is having a beer and cooking a nice homemade curry, but I am BORED!! I think I might finish off my blanket. The knitting bit is done, I just need to tie up the loose ends and then it's done!

Becs - make sure you take your car seat & travel system when you go car shopping, sounds stoopid but you'd be surprised! I have a 5 door 4x4 & the pram frame alone fills my boot (only if i take the partial shelf off) & my baby seat only just fits if you wiggle it about & adjust the back seat whereas DH's 5 door soprts coupe fits it all in, no adjustments, no problem :growlmad: (i'm not even gonna mention my 2 seater convertible - pointless lol)

Is it just me or is there NOTHING decent on the telly tonight? DH is having a beer and cooking a nice homemade curry, but I am BORED!! I think I might finish off my blanket. The knitting bit is done, I just need to tie up the loose ends and then it's done!

I never watch TV anyway - just re-runs on Dave :thumbup:. I need to get the enthusiasm to pick up my blanket i'm cross stitching. I feel bored & restless at the same time, it's horrible!

Totally agree there is naff all on tv!!!! Where have my Saturday nights gone?!!!

Casualty's just come on, so I can lust after Dr Jordan at least. I know he's gay in real life but I can dream........ We don't watch much TV either, spend a lot of time on the internet or watching Mock the Week on Dave!

I am such a newbie to the knitting lark, and am really impressed with myself doing a blanket. I have enjoyed it and would like to have a go at an easy baby cardigan or something, just to keep my hands busy. But I can't seem to see an easy pattern. Grrrr.

My Mom has only ever done scarfs or blanket squares (bless her) but she made me a gorgeous hooded wrap for the baby - it looked soo complicated but i'll ask her about it when i speak to her tomorrow for you. May be able to get her to post it to me & scan then e-mail it to you hun :hugs:
I'm off to sulk & ponder about the room :blush: chat soon ladies xxx

Thanks Mrs that would be cool!! Enjoy your ponder....... x

Bekklez, my Lo was the same. It's only recently that he's been super active to the point where it hurts / surprises my dh.

Moomad, sorry to hear about Oscar. I'm also interested in hearing about your new specimen!!! lol

Nursekel, glad you are allowed off of bedrest. FX LO stays put a bit longer.

I hope Shorman and her LO are ok. She's 33 weeks so I would imagine everything will be just fine so I wish her lots of luck!!

Babythinkpink, hope you feel better soon lovely.

Elphaba your dh and work colleagues must be lovely! What a great surprise.

Asher, I've also suddenly thought more seriously about my hospital bag. Knowing I've got a biggen has made me panic a bit so today I also bought some mini shampoos etc for my bag. It's coming along nicely now. Does anyone have any recommendations for PJs to breast feed in? And your blanket is amazing!! Love the photos on FB. You could easily sell them.

x

Asher honey, I am so glad you only have a little while to go until you'll be in the "safe zone."
As for the knitting I wish I was that talented ladies. I have no skill in that area. I have always wished I could sew b/c there are such cute patterns out there. I use to cross stitch but now it's been so long I forgotten how.
I really hope Shorman is well and I will keep my fingers crossed that LO holds out a little longer.
We have been out a little today with the kids shopping and eating lunch. I have been thinking I need to get my hospital bag together but just haven't done it yet. Can you say procrasinator...? LOL
I must say I am gettting so excited to meet my little boy! I can't wait to hold him and smell that baby smell. Ahhhh......is there any better smell than a newborn? Nah.

Hi ladies

It's late so I'm just popping on quickly to say hi! After another rubbish night's sleep last night (bad hip pain again) I've had a lovely day today! We went to Knowsley Safari Park with a couple of friends and had such a laugh! Me and Matt went out for dinner tonight too and it was nice to spend a bit of time on our own together out of the house, really enjoyed ourselves. Also, He has had a bonus from work which has been very helpful considering I've now finished work and he is sooo lovely- he had bought me the yummy mummy changing bag I wanted! I saw one in John Lewis ages ago and was swooning over it but thought I couldn't justify spending £70 on a changing bag, but he remembered and has ordered it today! Aww he's so sweet :kiss: Anyway, it's this bag if you'd like to see:

https://www.pinklining.co.uk/product_info.php/cPath/62_63_105/products_id/374/

I'm also happy today as I sent off my application for maternity allowance about a week and a half ago and I have just received my letter to say that I am entitled to it and I will shortly be receiving my first payment! I'm really pleased as they said on the phone that they had a major backlog and it was taking at least 5 weeks to sort through the claims... obviously not! I can breathe a sigh of relief now that I know we are sorted for money until next April and I can relax and stop feeling guilty for stopping work now!!

Anyway, I'd best be off to bed now as we've got another busy day tomorrow, we're off shopping and to see shrek! Sorry for the lack of personals, I'll pop in again on Monday and catch up :flower:

Hope you are all well xx

Oh and happy 34 weeks to me, apaton and blob (and anyone else I've forgotten! sorry if I have!) Can't believe only 6 weeks to go now... eeek!!

xx

Emzy, that bag is adorable! I love it. They have some great patterns too. I haven't picked out my bag yet. Congrats on the 34 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->