****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

Hi, could you add me please? Im due 21st Sept and having a girl :D
thank you :) xx

Morning..

I couldn't get on last night, and i'm limited for time this morning, I just need to come on and get something off my chest because i'm upset.

Yesterday OH and I finally got around to putting the border up in the babies bedroom. Needless to say, we ended up arguing about it... OH is completely useless at DIY, yet when I try to do it, he stands there telling me that I'm doing it wrong. So I left him to it. He couldn't do it, so got his step-dad to do it for him.
It's a right mess :cry: There's wallpaper paste all over the wall at the top and bottom, and it's ripped in the corner crease. :cry: I said to OH it didn't look good this morning, which has caused a huge argument.
I just want everything to be perfect for my baby :cry:

To make it worse, yesterday we met with caterers for our wedding and it was awful.. they tried to charge us £14.50 a head for a ham salad (eaten with a knife and fork.. WTF?) and even tried to dictate how many people we had and how the tables were!
My mum and aunt have completely taken over too... My mum asked me if I liked a watch in a crystal (funny table decorations), and I said 'yeah, it's ok...' to which she replied 'good, cos I've bought you 5 cases of them'. They're bloody awful! She's bought candles too in burgundy, even though it was just the colour scheme I *thought* I might have. And now i've got to go with it.

I'm sorry for the really selfish post... I just feel crap today :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hope you're all well.. I'll have a proper catch up later when I have time xxx

just a quick question that hopefully you ladies can help me with.
I have started getting rather short of breath lately, I know this can happen but I also feel more fun down then normal so not sure if its normal shortness of breath of something else. Has anyone else gone through this? I have my next appointment on Tuesday so do you think I should call the doctor and ask about this or just wait until my appointment?

Morning all!

Nursekel you sound better than you have done, that's fab!

Thanks for the blanket comments ladies, I know I'm a touch sad, but I'm going to post my pics here too cos I am just so proud of myself! Knitting was really a challenge I set myself whilst pregnant, so to actually get a result is cool! I think I am gonna bob to Jphn Lewis this afternoon and have a look at their patterns to see if I can find a basic baby cardigan or something to keep me going!

Fish&Chips, both times with the boys I bought a couple of cheapish nighties from matalan with buttons for Bfing. They worked pretty well and I have the same ones from last time so I'm gonna give them another go this time. The other things I loved were just nursing vests with PJ bottoms, really comfy. My friend bought some really expensive ones from JojoMamanbebe and sold them as they weren't comfy. But you don't know until you try them I guess!

Welcome Bexivillian and congrats!

Gorgeous bag Emzy, and congrats on the Mat Allowance and on the 34 weeks!! Yay!

Optical I don't bloomin blame you for being annoyed, I would be too. Can you politely tell your mum and aunt to remove their noses? Or is it too sensitive? And sorry about your OH, I have had similar situations with mine. :hugs:

So here are my blanket pics, for those on FB sorry to duplicate!! Goodness knows how bad I will be when I am posting baby pics not just blanket pics!! :haha:

https://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd299/archiejack/th_17072010515.jpg

https://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd299/archiejack/th_17072010514.jpg

Wow happy 34 weeks Emzy, apaton and blob! I can't believe you are nearly full term!

:hi: Bexivillian!

Oh Optical you poor thing! Do you think you could ask a friend to help re-do the border? Re the wedding, I learnt from mine that you just need to put your foot down. I'm sure your mum can get a refund. You need to just tell her that you have some ideas and will tell her when you know what you are planning.

Laura,
please mention it to your midwife or GP real soon. I've had this in my first pregnancy and it was an irregular heartbeat or something like that. I did get some "sexy" socks to wear but was okay really.

Asher
Wow, your knitting looks great. I heve knitted a cardy and mittens so far. But didn't put on any buttons as yet. It's quite hard to do any needlework at the moment with my poor stabbed fingers.

Optical
I would be annoyed too. Mothers can be really weird. Mine wasn't interested but my MIL forced me into the pink and blue colour scheme and invited friends of her friends. Really weird. There were at least 10 people neither me or my hubby knew.

Bexivillian
Welcome! x

Now I finally have managed to get onto this page without it reloading back to the first page I might as well update you:

I have tested positiv for this pregnancy diabetes. So I have to test myself and have to go for a check up every two weeks. After the first shock I have tried to be really careful but I doubt it's right to starve myself either. I did eat quite healthy before. Now I'm hungry all the time. So I have decided to try eat normally today and see what my tests say about that.

morning all! :)

Lovely changing bag!! :)

I asked that same question Bekklez, he is just constantly moving all the time...in fact on Friday i was quite concerned...felt him move a bit when i turned over in bed at about 7ish (he likes to readjust himself lol) then felt nothing while i was drinking my morning brew, nothing when i was on the bus and didnt feel any movement until about 10am which doesnt seem long 3 hrs, but he moves so much it was a worry to me!! lol x

Sorry if iv missed anything. oh welcome to newbies, and lad the LO's trying to make an early exit are staying put a bit longer...erm...no sorry really can't remember anything else lol!! xx

Hi ladies! Wow it feels like such a long time since I've been on here, it's taken me forever to read up on everything i've missed and there;s just no way I can do any personals, far too much going on!

My school concert is over, thank goodness! It went brilliantly, the children were simply lovely and they had prepared a performance for me that they had been rehearsing in secret for months (this is the year 8s that are leaving for high school)... they sang thank you for the music and changed some of the words for me, they had also clubbed together and bought me chocolates, a gorgeous outfit for the baby and they made me a card, it really meant a lot to me! Bless them!
Only 3 work days to go now, and I'm on having to teach Monday morning as we are organising leavers assemblies and proms etc after that, so should be a nice few days!

We have ordered our cot bedding too, it should be arriving this week, can't wait! We bought the cot on Friday so as soon as the bedding is here it will be washed and set up! Can't wait! Am going to attempt to make a start on my hospital bags this week too!

Hope everyone is feeling ok! Hugs to all!x

Optical i am going through this too :cry: I dont think OHs understand that we just want everything perfect for our little babies coming :nope: Mine does not get it AT ALL!! Its driving me insane :cry: Also :hugs: about the wedding my poor mum got nothing at all to do i did EVERYTHING on my own.

Yaay glad everything went well Louise :yipee:

Laura that sounds normal to me hun :hugs:

My school concert is over, thank goodness! It went brilliantly, the children were simply lovely and they had prepared a performance for me that they had been rehearsing in secret for months (this is the year 8s that are leaving for high school)... they sang thank you for the music and changed some of the words for me, they had also clubbed together and bought me chocolates, a gorgeous outfit for the baby and they made me a card, it really meant a lot to me! Bless them!

Oh how sweet of them...as i read this it made me go all goose bumpy!!!! xx

Hi All,

Well I am back in the land of nearly the living! I have had a vile few days feeling soooooo poorly, and I think being pregnant not only reduces your immune but really doesn't help make just a cough and cold into anything nice!
All my mucsles down my sides are pulled and my mouth is all chapped, I am a right mess but do feel better today despite not being 100% it is still so much better than b4!

I must say my husband had amazed me, he has been totally fab, he has looked after the house, the children and me, and for once after being poorly i am not now faced with blitzing the house as well from lack of housework being done!
He has made all the children chip in with help, and done cooking, cleaning and looking after everyone, he even bought me flowers yesterday, another unheard of! We had words recently and so i think something must have gone in there! All I know is he is being the husband i thought i married, and that is wonderful!

Optical, The 2 things in life we want to be done perfectly for are our wedding and our babies, so I totaly see where you are coming from on both counts.
The nursery you will just have to say, look i want this perfect, I know it is everyones best but not quite what i wanted, lets just get it right. If it causes argument its kind of tough really, it needs sorting and by pretending its all ok it will just be left.
As for the wedding, again not easy but you will have to be more forceful, its your wedding and should be up to you.
We paid for our wedding and so just basically sent invites out to both parents and if i ever got any advice i would say thanks very much and still do what i wanted!
I was disapointed with my hair on the day which sounds like a brat but i really wanted it all to be right, and still i see the pics and am not happy with my hair! But the day went well and it was just me fussing about my hair!
Hope you can put your foot down and get your way more with it all:hugs:xx

Louise, sounds lovely that everyone has tried so hard to do something special for you, 3 days:happydance: I have 5 days til break up and then i can rest up!

Welcome newbies :wave:

F&C thanks for the well wishes hun xx

Asher, you are very clever, I am rubbish with anything like that despite being fairly artistic, my sister is amazing at anything needlecraft, (she runs a needlework shop too) she does lessons and stuff, I just wish she would do more stuff for me! :hugs:

Laura, Like anything you are unsure of hun its worth asking when you have your appointment, I understood it was normal as everything is starting to push things upwards so getting short of breath was part of that, but even so mention it just so your sure xx

Pinky, hope you manage to get on top of the diabeties, not much fun for you, the normal diet sounds reasonable to do first then go from there.:hugs:

Well i feel like i have missed out not being posting for a few days! I just want to hug everyone for being here, but then i am feeling rather over emotional!
I have been worried about coughing so much, poor baby! Getting plenty of kicks and wriggles so i think i am forgiven for all the jolting about of the last few days! My bladder has been the worst of it, i was ok lying on my side but as soon as i was sat up i needed a pad to cough, I was glad about that because i would have worried about it being my waters but because it was only when everything was pushing down it happened. Oh the joys of pregnancy, my friend always is joking to me about not wanting to be a tena lady, I intend to get my pelvic floors well and truly sorted after this baby!

Anyway sorry for missing everything going on, good luck to everyone finishing work in the next week or so, and :hugs: to those who don't.
Congrats to those at the 34wk mark already, wow it is getting exiting now!
I am 31 weeks today, only 9 weeks left! I think i am ready, I don't want to get the moses basket out too soon and be falling over it but then i do want it aired as it smells all new and not of anything nice and baby like!
I got the matching bedding so really look forward to putting it all up, I also have the rocking stand as well as the normal one, so it will look lovely.
Well i say have it, something else that i need to put together!

Time to go, dh bought a chicken yesterday so going to shove it in the oven for a nice easy roast dinner, have peeled spuds already and veg is frozen so all a bit lazy but should be nice!
I think i need a home cooked meal!
I am not so worried now about baby coming along and not getting any help, just need to drop hints about a balloon now when baby arrives!! (long story but when dd was born i really wanted a pink balloon bought to the hospital because flowers were not allowed, I didn't get my balloon so i think i will nag this time and make it clear they pick me up with a balloon or not at all:haha:)

Bye for now all, glad to be back and feeling well enough to type! :hugs:

:baby:thinkpink xx

Glad you are getting the treatment you deserve from you dh babythinkpink and happy 31 weeks!

Anyone absolutely bloody knackered from constant insomnia?

:dohh:

We need an insomnia support group, i'm going friggin nuts!

Im sleeping quite well to be honest...im feeling very fed up this afternoon thou, just feel dreadful, my knee hurts when i get up, heartburn is killing me and i have now energy...just put some washing in the washer and burst into tears...hormones!!!!!!! x

I'm only waking when I have to turn over as it hurts and is such a mission. FX your insomnia shifts soon aob1013 x

Sorry not to be any more positive about it but i found sleep problems just get worse from now on in!
Weight on the hips, turning, heartburn, and general bad sleeping patterns all make for really rubbish sleep, i found 3 out of 4 babies i slept better they were born.

How are you doing aob1013, how come your name has changed? Just realised!

:hugs:

Babythinkpink glad you're getting better :hugs:

I dont seem to ever have problems sleeping :dohh:

Ok so a question...if you could buy ANY changing bag you could want/dream of what one would you get??? :lol:

:rofl:

Well i was given money by MIL to get a new bag and from DH so i have FAR more choice than last time :lol: but i need help :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->