****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

Selfish post I know but I wanted to share my lovely card with you all! I got presented this with my other presents by the children after the school show on Thursday and it has some really lovely messages in it!

card1.jpg

card2.jpg

card3.jpg

card4.jpg

card5.jpg

I LOVE my job :cloud9:

Oooohh sorry they're all sideways!

Blob - the Lin and Leo is fab and opens completely flat, I have seen it in John Lewis (although don't buy it there as you can get it much cheaper elsewhere) After I had bought my Babymel bag my best friend hinted that she was planning to buy me the Lin and Leo one as present. My fault for being so keen to get it ticked off the list!

I ordered 5 thats why they r out of stock...sorry girls! lol x

My goodness Louise some of your pupils have neater handwriting than me lol x

Carley - Wow! love it, very beautiful. My OH would love that!

Helen - Looks like you got some good stuff!

Louise - Your pupils seem lovely, you must be really chuffed.

Sorry to whoever else I missed, I really need to keep on track of this thread from now on!

I finally sat my GTT on Friday, the drink was awful. She sat for 5 minutes waiting for me to finish the first cup before she realized I'd drank the whole thing in one go and was really surprised. I told her I'd gotten in plenty of practice necking bad tasting drinks when I went out on Saturday nights :haha:
The blood test really hurt, never had blood tests that hurt so bad! I thought I was going to faint. I have bad veins so she couldn't get them properly and it took her three tries, when she finally got in to the veins properly they stopped giving blood half way through and she had to press in and twist more. I only noticed today while bathing what a mess my arms are now, she's really massacred them :S

That's just one arm! the middle is all bruised from the first time then the side, and it reaches all the way around my arm. The other isn't AS bad but still really bruised.

Attachments

• DSCF9348.jpg
    DSCF9348.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCF9350.jpg
    DSCF9350.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 7
Louise thats so lovely, bless them xx

£279 for a bag, wtf?!!!!!

hello ladies, How are we all? Ive not been on all weekend and too lazy to read back everything right now but I will!!!

Ive had an ok wkend, out for a indian lunch yest which was lush and tonight out for a big steak dinner:) Dh was out at a stag do during day and was very drunk, how annoying is it when they repeat themselves CONSTANTLY, I was in bed at 10 as I just couldnt stand it any more!! We have the wedding on Friday and then no more sessions for him, I know Im having a section but that doesnt mean I cant go anytime!!! Im such a moan lol, a few beers ok but none of this malarky.

Never managed the Next sale, i had a rotten sleep on the Fri was up in the loo till 3am and then when my phone alarm went off I just launched it! I went in today and there was loads left but not much in ds's size, wish i had just went now, as my sil and a few others got loads! uch well next year/xmas!

Cant believe its nearly August, time is flying!!!

Louise your card looks lovely i have a similar one but with pictures instead because they are only 4.

I did a car boot sale this morning and spent the afternoon with my friend and her baby in the pub garden which was lovely!

I have just started looking at bits for my hospital bag ,my mum keeps reminding me that twins could come any time from now so i should be organised. I got all emotional i think the hospital bag made it even more exciting and real!

Hope all is well with you all x

Hey ladies...

Thank you all so much for your support, I really did feel crap this morning. I'm feeling a little better now; I've started to paint around the border (where the wallpaper paste had been smeared and dried darker) and thankfully I think I can salvage it. I've also taken DD to the cinema and watched Shrek, a great distraction and excuse to turn my phone off all afternoon so that Mum and Aunty couldn't reach me. I came out to about 10 missed calls and 4 messages... I still haven't called them back. I just want a day of not thinking about it, and I'll start to worry again tomorrow. I see ur points about putting my foot down, but it's so difficult when my mum is paying for so much! She's booked surprise transport (at £500 for 5 miles!) and is giving us £1000 towards too. Plus, she's sorting the tables. I really don't wanna seem ungrateful, and I can't risk offending her incase she doesn't give us the pennies! My auntie has said that she'll do us loads of favours... i.e. she's recommended a band, and is on about booking them etc for us, but hasn't given me their number and I don't even know what they play! Why is it all so stressful? I thought getting married was meant to be fun?!?!

Anyway, enough about me... Louise, that card is Soooooo sweet! it's lovely. Asher, I have no idea how you knit like that (I can't do it to save my life!) and blob - HOW MUCH FOR A CHANGING BAG!?!? I'd love a new changing bag, but over £100 is a little too much for me! Mine is actually second hand (as it matches the pushchair I got off ebay and came with it) but is in really good condition so i'm sticking with it.

Hope everyone else is good... I had tonnes more to say but it's just gone! doesn't help that I'm knackered - next door have gone to France and left their late-teenage sons at home alone. Cue us not getting much sleep friday n last night!

Thanks again for listening to me whinge :flower:

Hey ladies...

Thank you all so much for your support, I really did feel crap this morning. I'm feeling a little better now; I've started to paint around the border (where the wallpaper paste had been smeared and dried darker) and thankfully I think I can salvage it. I've also taken DD to the cinema and watched Shrek, a great distraction and excuse to turn my phone off all afternoon so that Mum and Aunty couldn't reach me. I came out to about 10 missed calls and 4 messages... I still haven't called them back. I just want a day of not thinking about it, and I'll start to worry again tomorrow. I see ur points about putting my foot down, but it's so difficult when my mum is paying for so much! She's booked surprise transport (at £500 for 5 miles!) and is giving us £1000 towards too. Plus, she's sorting the tables. I really don't wanna seem ungrateful, and I can't risk offending her incase she doesn't give us the pennies! My auntie has said that she'll do us loads of favours... i.e. she's recommended a band, and is on about booking them etc for us, but hasn't given me their number and I don't even know what they play! Why is it all so stressful? I thought getting married was meant to be fun?!?!

Anyway, enough about me... Louise, that card is Soooooo sweet! it's lovely. Asher, I have no idea how you knit like that (I can't do it to save my life!) and blob - HOW MUCH FOR A CHANGING BAG!?!? I'd love a new changing bag, but over £100 is a little too much for me! Mine is actually second hand (as it matches the pushchair I got off ebay and came with it) but is in really good condition so i'm sticking with it.

Hope everyone else is good... I had tonnes more to say but it's just gone! doesn't help that I'm knackered - next door have gone to France and left their late-teenage sons at home alone. Cue us not getting much sleep friday n last night!

Thanks again for listening to me whinge :flower:

Could you perhaps search the internet and find something you like for your wedding tables then ring your Mum an say you have finally found the perfect thing for the tables and just ask her if there is any chance she can return the other items?? x

That does look awful bekklez...you sure you went the hospital and not the local butchers lol x

:hi:
Hope everyone is well! I just sort of skimmed as there were suddenly a lot of pages to catch up on!
I am enjoying quite a lovely weekend. Just chilling out with Simon and heading out to various neighbourhood parks and playgrounds as the mood suits us.
I really need to get some housework done or the week is going to be rotten. But I really really don't feel like doing any! :)
As for change bags - I use a beat up old packsack that used to be my bookbag for work. It's got to be at least 8-9 years old? :) What can I say? I'm pretty utilitarian when it comes to diapers and baby gear.

Bekklez - OUCH! :hugs:

optical - oh, you have WAAAAYYYY more patience than I do. I am not shy about asking people to be quiet when it comes to partying. And I have absolutely no qualms about calling the cops/bylaw officers/whatever. They don't have a right to party, despite what the Beastie Boys may say, and you DO have a right to a good night's sleep. Add some bitchy preggo hormones in there and I can be terribly unpleasant and quite the killjoy! :)

Louise - what a nice card! I love fan mail from students. It's so sweet. And a surprise concert piece for you? That is pretty special. I would have been bawling my head off with all the emotion of it! :)

Asher - cute little blankie! I am waiting for my new knitting book to come in so that I can get started on mine! I'm itching to knit right now.

I had more to say and have forgotten all of it. Off to do :laundry::hangwashing::dishes:

That's a good idea lilbump... it's something I could look into. I just wanna forget all about it for now i think, and my auntie has just called AGAIN to talk about the catering. Her and my uncle have now said they'll do it for me (he's a chef) but that'll give me even less say over what I get.

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!! And there's still a bloody year to go!!!!!!

I'm gonna buy some non-bio wash powder tomorrow and wash the pushchair covers etc. Can't really start on clothes as I don't have my wardrobes yet (they're on order). At least THEN i'll feel like i'm making progress with SOMETHING.

P.s. does anyone know when the next baby event is at Asda? I'm sure someone mentioned it but I can't remember. I'm waiting for it to buy my basic clothes/toiletries etc. xxx

Ooooo I hope so... maybe then i'll get around to packing my bags for hospital, and will feel like I'm ready for baby! xXx

Carley :blush: I'm not even sure why i wrote snake :rofl: Think it was cos a friend came over who was talking about his :blush:

I could not justify that much on a bag either :haha: I wish i could though...

Becs i bet i'm last to do everything...i didnt even get one done last time at all, i was trying to go to tescos for some juice when i was in labour last time :shock: I would have had her in tescos...
I havent got a bag either Louise :shock: I'm 'wanting' a home birth but still need to get everything ready :dohh: Though i HAVE ordered my pool!! But i was so late for that i had to get the most expenisve one :cry:

Think i'm going to start my RLT now :haha:

Louise that card is so sweet :cloud9:

Genies girl, yea i have to say i think you might go before most of us :haha: Lucky thing!! I think you will have yours around 35-36 weeks :lol: Then they will be pretty much fully baked bubbas...though since i want mine here in 4 weeks :grr:

Ooooh also forgot to say ouchies Bekk that looks sore :hugs:

I totally agree with blob Bekks i wouldve punched someone for less than that!!! OUCH!!!!!

She made up for it by being really nice and very pleasant. I just hope that I never have to have a blood test by her ever again, I can't help thinking that behind the nice posterior she was actually a bit sadistic :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->