****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

OMG just realised i've only got 44 days left now i'm having REALLY freaking out,:rofl: all that pain thats coming, but really i can't wait to met my little boy :baby:

fake pina colada banana pineapple and coconut blended with ice and imagine your by thye beach, worked for me! :)

in hospital bag im going to take two sleep suits each two vests each and one nicer outfit each in case we see the bounty photographer. Im going to have a second bag packed for DH to bring in if we need more or end up staying longer, we may look like we moving in with the amount i have to take for us three as it is :)

Oh good so it sounds as if I'm packing the right amount of stuff then... everyone was stressing me out with their 6 of everything and I was thinking I needed to pack more! I've also washed a blanket and a couple of muslin squares to chuck in.

I did have my first baby wash on the line but I've had to get it all in- just in time as it's peeing it down now! Typical!

Jenos I was like you last week, totally freaking out about the birth and going into hospital and kept crying, convinced I wouldn't be able to hack it etc and I didn't want to pack my bag, I think I was in denial!! I kept watching birth videos and TV programmes about birth and reading birth stories and getting really really scared! But this week for some reason I feel fine about it again and not scared. I don't know what's changed but all of a sudden I just think, well yes it's going to hurt but it's natural and what we are made to do so there is no reason why I can't do it! I'm even starting to look forward to it as we will finally get to meet our little baby! Has anyone else had a freak out lately? I bet it's common to get really nervous around about now x

I KEEP asking OH about what clothes to take for baby to hopefully wear and I have yet to get a sensible response. I bought her this gorgeous leopard print suit with 'perfect' written across it which is lovely but OH wants her to wear it with a neon green fluffy jacket I got in the Next sale! Poor kid.

ETA - New level of madness today - Rang the Tommies midwife to ask if there is such a thing as 'too much' movement. I am normally worried about too little. PROOF that I am never happy! :dohh:

I've got two sleep suits, two vests, one pair of scratch mits, a bib, two hats, a cardigan and a blanket in my Hospital bag for the baby.

Just had one of those moments posting, then reading that where I stopped and thought "OH MY GOD! I'm going to have a BABY!" :haha:

Genies girl watch the bounty lady :wacko: She drove me flaming mental...she was totally crap and kept on asking :grr:

Mmmmm where do i get such ingrediants genies girl :haha:

Hi all! I refuse to think about hospital bag until I finish work on Wednesday! Then I'll be doing baby washing and planning etc but until that I can keep pretending that there's ages left! Only 2 work days left!!!!!

We finally got flight details through for Wayne's deployment, he's not going until the 3rd October so even if she is overdue he'll have about a fortnight with her, AND they won't send him earlier even if she arrives early! I'm so pleased!

Awww thats really good Louise i dont envy you hun :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Hi jenos, I have another 3 1/2 weeks to go until my maternity leave kicks in so can't imagine going in to labour until I'm 37 weeks. I'm happy to go fairly soon after though. Getting tired of being unable to move properly!

Weirdly i've decided i quite enjoy the last bit of pregnancy :wacko:

Congratulations September Stars. I was once a September Star, but I miscarried in February. I got pregnant again in March and everything looks good. Amnio came out fine and blood tests. I am 18 weeks today with a boy! There is always hope. Good Luck to all of you!

Drazic it does help but I have to have loads!! To be honest I had it anyway as I have a hiatus hernia which gives me heartburn anyway, but it's been really bad since I got to about 25 weeks pregnant! x

I have this too, I was born with it, and weak stomach valve, although pregnancy is supposed to make the hernia worse i found with my first the stomach was so pushed up it never really returned as bad as b4 i was pregnant, i can eat much more happily now than i ever could as a child, in fact my hatred of indigestion remedies stems from a childhood gulping them down!

fake pina colada banana pineapple and coconut blended with ice and imagine your by thye beach, worked for me! :)
:)

Oh yummy yum, you can buy pineapple and coconut juice in tesco, perhaps whisked or cocktail shaken up with ice for a home made version, oh think i may be going shopping again tomorrow it is yummy pineapple and coconut, and if you drink malibu and pineapple it is a nice reminder without the alcohol, and i prefer it because i can drink so much of it!

Louise it makes me feel sad your dh has to go away, you are both very brave and it really must be gut wrenching to let him go:cry:

Drazic<3, your clothes comment made me laugh, two totally different outfits, try the green one first perhaps baby will throw up on it and a change will be required:haha:

Blob, its the contraception lady who gets on my wick, I mean you just have squeezed a melon out of a hole the size of a lemon and she comes in all chirpy asking what you intend to use as contraception, as if the baby was not enough for you!!
Then she starts about your pelvic floor, which may just be useful if you could even feel it, i delight in my first wee having given birth let alone knowing anything about the state of my pelvic floor!!
I have been very good at avoiding her now!:haha:

hopeful 39er, Good luck with your pregnancy xx

Got to go, bought the new Nanny Mcphee film today, really wanted to see it at cinema but didn't manage it, so hoping to watch it in bed!

Bye for now, big :hugs:,

:baby:thinkpink xx

Whoo, having a good day, finally have this quote thing sorted, only taken a year or so!!!:dohh:

Oh congratulations on another pregnancy Hopeful, so sorry to hear about your loss :(

i still haven't been thinking about my hospital bag.... i live probably about a 5 minute drive away from the hospital so i'm not too afraid of forgetting anything, i could just send our Doula to fetch something for me :p

I ordered a maxi cosi carseat, and used our visa points to buy a Quinny Zapp stroller, so they should be here soon!!!!! yay!!

I keep rotating from super nervous about labor, and then i get REALLY excited. i've been reading a book my doctor lent to me called The birth partner. me and OH have been finding it really helpful in preparing us.

Hello lovely ladies! Hope we are all well, Its a kind of bank holiday here, its called the Glasgow Fair and what a day its has poured from the heavens, its such a shame as we had such a lovely May/June and as soon as the schools stopped at end of June we have had the worst weather poor kids (and parents!). I had the midwife this morn and got drenched going from car to centre! So not the best day plus discovered that my oven has broke:( The hob and grill are working but the Fan oven comes on but will not heat up, after some googling I think its the fan element that has gone, anyone any experience of this?

Evening all, our internet went bump today so not been on! Then before, I chucked my mobile phone into a rucksack to take the dogs for a walk with Archie, and he chucked a fruit shoot with no lid on the top, and my phone was SOAKED!!!! DH has just dried it out and it's working thankfully, but needs a new screen. Ebay again methinks. Me and phones do not go well together at all!

I can't seriously believe some people are 34 weeks! So close to babies! I really am getting excited now!

Well I had my follow up consultant appointment at the hospital today, and everything was good. No infection detected in either my urine sample or swab from Thursday. Doc was a lovely young lady doc who had loads of time for me, and to reassure me, she brought the mobile ultrasound unit in and scanned the little one. Head is well down, and she reckons the pains last week could be to do with how low the babs is, putting pressure on things and stretching stuff. Reckons not to worry and just to try and get on with things, aim at 37 weeks and take it from there! She reckons I might not make the 37 weeks and/or the homebirth, but to be honest, after last week, I just want a bigger baby than if it was born today!
So all is good.

More therapy, have started knitting a baby cardigan. I think I may well make a pigs ear of it, but we'll see!!

Exciting talk about packing baby's bags! I am going to wash stuff next week and pack the week after (34 weeks).

Louise am pleased Wayne will have more time with Lilia before he's deployed. xx

Oopsie, fell asleep in the bath and only woke when the dog crept in and started drinking the bathwater!! Double yuk!! I must be more tired than I thought!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->