****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

Will catch up in a sec but just wanted to say....

I have moved up a box,,, wohoooooooooo, only 1 to go, :yipee::headspin::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::rain::bunny::wohoo::wohoo::juggle::headspin::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee:

Bekklez, I sympathise. My vains are crap too and I always end up being butchered!

Hope everyone is okay, I am doing fine. Seem to get bigger by the day. Starting properly my RLT tomorrow, a few bits in my 'hospital bag' and OH is going to paint the spare room so I can get her clothes sorted. Just sick of the relentless heartburn! Whatever I drink/eat/do!

:hugs: to you all -x-

Wooooooo babythinkpink :yipee:

My veins are really big :sick: but even so i have scars from when i was pregnant with Tabs from getting blood taken :nope:

Good Morning All,

Last Monday for school run:happydance:

Louise, the card is lovely, it is so nice to keep these things, I was a classroom assistant while i was doing my degree and the children did me a card for my wedding (my first one that is!) and it was so sweet, strange though all those kids were 7 and have all left school now! (scary!)

Bek, oooooowwwch, nasty, what a butcher, perhaps a better career choice than nurse! My last bloods bruised my arm, the midwife knew it would because it was slow and she had to keep moving the needle etc, she said just don't tell anyone it was the midwife did it to you! :haha:

Mmmm, think i may get some rlt, you have to get the proper stuff though and not flavoured, may give it a whirl, not sure, i have been very lucky and had smooth labours, births and very well behaved womb that settled back fast, put down to the breast feeding, so not sure if i should meddle, will ponder it, have a few extra weeks to ponder than most!

Sarahkka, Glad you had a nice weekend, must say I am a bit the same with bags, at the moment my handbag is a children's fabric book bag, it fits everything nicely in it as i still carry wet wipes and a pull up for my dd, but also plasters, Mr Bump antiseptic wipes, in case of a tumble, my purse, cheque book, pens, tons of receipts, and general handbag rubbish! I find this bag does it all and was free! I get a change bag as such and it never seems to have the right things in the right places, so i bought a normal handbag type thing with 3 compartments, one for me, one for baby and one for dd, it will be crammed full for a few weeks then i will end up with my fabric bag again!:dohh:

My change bag that came with the pram was a rucksack type thing, but everything ended up at the bottom and i had to endlessly rummage for stuff!

Feel a little better again today, much chirpier, and still much relieved that dh has proved he can help if push really comes to shove, now i know i can be looking after a new baby and the house will not fall to wreck and ruin!

Was reading a parent journal as a ttc buddy has had her baby and it has hit me that in a short time i will be feeding every few hours, and caring for a newborn, i am exited and a bit intrigued to know what this baby will be like, my last never slept and for 15 months nor did i, and i wonder if i could get 2 the same! The others varied from 3 months to go through the night to from birth, so she was a bit of a shock to the system when i was saying to dh how it will be easy!:haha:
I will say that dd never stopped moving when i was pregnant with her but this baby does have a body clock, and usually the active times reflect when they are born, so fingers crossed as i do get active and quiet times so will the baby once here!

Getting very exited to be putting moses basket up soon!

Well hope everyone is good, big waves to you all, bye for now!

:hugs:

:baby:thinkpink xx

Draz - Getting close now! RLT and everything being packed. :D

Babythinkpink - Congrats on moving up a box :wohoo: and glad you're feeling better today.

I always have trouble when having bloods taken, especially in the afternoon!!!

I was up at 6am got all my housework and washing out by 8am then went back to bed, feeling a bit spaced out today, My head feels well and truly up my arse!!! Gonna pack Hope's hospital bag this afternoon and make a lasagne for tea!! My moses babsket should be here today or tomorrow!!

Babythinkpink so glad you feeling better xx And YAY for going up a box!!

Am I the only one who hasn't even thought about packing a hospital bag?? I don't think I have even got one big enough! Oh well, I am sureit can wait a few more weeks! lol

I have my growth scan tomorrow which is quite exciting but a little scary at the same time. I wonder how big my chunky monkey is now?

I started RLT about 2 weeks ago and I am now drinking 2 cups a day. I might up it to 3 next week and see how I get on. I'm hoping to evict him at 38 weeks!!

Hope you are all well. xx

I haven't started RLT yet, gonna start on Wednesday!! I don't have a bag for hospital either, gonna have to borrow or buy one lol!!

I did want to start my RLT at 32 weeks, but I had one and it gave me strong BH so my hypnobirthing teacher said to leave it until 34 weeks just in case! I am going to be drinking it by the bucketload after 37 weeks!

It's well exciting Beks! I can't believe how fast it has started to go. She could hopefully be here in three weeks and she doesn't even have anywhere to sleep yet! :dohh:

Hmmm think i need to search out my RLT, tried to look last night but i couldnt find it :dohh:

Babythinkpink SHHHH... i do not want to hear that all babies are different :rofl: mine was an angel and slept from day one (so lucky) so i only want another baby the same please...else i'm sending it back :haha:

Hey ladies!

Asher, love the blanket! I wish I was creative and crafty like that but I'm rubbish at things like that.

OMG £279 for a changing bag?!? I thought £70 for the yummy mummy one was too much :wacko: It is lovely though

Aww lovely card Louise! How sweet! Which year group do you teach?

Nice Lizard Carley!! I'm not really a reptile type of person, but he is rather cute I have to say! My sisters boyfriend has a gheko called randall and he is really cute too.

OMG Bekklez I can't believe what a hash they made of your blood tests! She must be seriously bad at taking blood. Isn't it funny how with some nurses you barely feel it but with some it really hurts?!

Optical, I'm sorry you're having such a rubbish time! Family+weddings=STRESS!!! We had the same with our families and even though my mum and dad contributed towards the reception and some of my dress, I still put my foot down and said no if they were taking over and I'm glad I did, although I understand it is hard when it is their money. They were actually quite good when I explained that I appreciated it, but I really would like it another way etc etc and I found that giving my mum specific jobs to do really helped!

Blob, I agree that Genies girl will go first then I think it'll be you! I just have a feeling!

babythinkpink woooooooooooooooooo for moving up a box!!!! And glad you are feeling better today :kiss:

Drazic I too have the horrendous heartburn and I'm sure I OD on gaviscon every day! Thanks for mentioning it though, you've reminded me to reorder my repeat prescription for my truckload of gaviscon lol

Well I had a lovely long lie in this morning! It was much needed as I'm not sleeping so well at night still because of my hips. Poor Matt has resorted to sleeping in the spare room lol

I haven't packed my hospital bag yet, but I bought the last bits I needed for it this weekend and am just washing baby's going home outfit and a blanket to take with me, so will be packing both this week. Eek I can't believe how close we are getting now!

I had a lovely weekend, went to the safari park on Saturday which was such a laugh, then out for dinner with Matt on Saturday night and then shopping and to see Shrek yesterday, which was great! I was knackered when we got in last night though!

Hope you are all well today xx

Babythinkpink congrats on the box move not long now :)

Drazic hope the heartburn gives you a break today.

Emzy i really hope im not next :) im not quite ready i havent got a scan until 33 weeks so they not expecting me to go just yet.

I went into town with my mum this morning, had a fake pina colada smoothie and now im in love i feel a new addiction coming on.
Im going to spend the afternoon writing thank you cards to all the familys at work for all the lovely gifts i received over the last few weeks .

Ill pop back later and see how the rest of the stars are doing x

Thanks Geniesgirl! Luckily, the RLT seems to help - two birds, one stone :D

Emzy - I sympathise! Does the gaviscon help? I didn't know we could have that during pregnancy. I haven't had so much as a paracetamol in 34 weeks so I am well and truly out the medicine loop! It's killer this heartburn though!

Drazic it does help but I have to have loads!! To be honest I had it anyway as I have a hiatus hernia which gives me heartburn anyway, but it's been really bad since I got to about 25 weeks pregnant! The doc says it is perfectly safe to take whilst pregnant and breastfeeding too and is one of the few medicines that actually says that on the label, so I was happy to take it. I've been wary of taking medicines too, although I have been taking paracetamol for hip pain lately but I don't like doing it. You can get gaviscon on prescription from your doctor or midwife too, so it's free. I was buying it before and it costs a fortune when you go through it like I do lol x

Girls, how many outfits are you packing for LO for the hospital? I was planning on packing 3 sleepsuits, 3 vests, 2 hats and 1 pair of scratch mits. Two of the outfits are newborn size and one is 0-3 months in case she is particularly big and doesn't fit into the newborn ones... do you think this is enough? I've just seen another thread on this and some people are planning on taking 6 of everything!! We only live 5 mins from the hospital so I figured if we ended up staying in longer, Matt can always come home and get some more... but now I'm thinking I should pack more! I'm just worried about space and taking too much. What do you think? Do you think this is enough?

xx

A quick good morning from me before I splash off through the rain to work!
I feel very drowsy this morning. Simon had an episode of hollering at about 1:30 last night. Blergh. Plus the rain always makes me feel like crawling back into bed.
Teeny weeny - I haven't thought at all about a hospital bag and I will be very surprised if I get anything packed before September. All part of my plan to trick the gods that I am disorganised and unprepared for baby's arrival! Maybe then I can skip the 10 days overdue and induction that I am expecting to happen again.
Blob, I am planning a perfect angel baby, as well. He will sleep at perfect three-hour intervals and straight through the night, right from the get-go.

Geniesgirl WHAT is one of those...i need one in my life right now :haha:

I'm packing
2-3 vests
2-3 sleepsuits
and
2 hats and scratchmitts (incase)

I will prob end up with more :haha: but at the same time i dont intend to stay in there long :sick: our hospital is disgusting its totally totally foul!!!

Also remember that our DHs go home at night so they can bring and take away things :thumbup:

:rofl: Sarah... we shall have great babies :haha:

Also OMG there are 2-3 more ladies in labour in August babies :shock: that will be us next month :yipee:

Also bet i'm jinxed now by thinking i'm going to be early :rofl: I will be still sitting here half way through Spetember... I'm refusing an induction until i'm 3 weeks over so could still be here by 12th Septemner :dohh:

Emzy I was gonna pack what you are going to, I thought the same that my hubby could pop home of I hadn't packed enough lol!!!

I have just blitzed my upstairs and changed my bedding, my head is all fuzzy like I have been drinking, thought I was dehydrated but I have drunk loads!! I think its because I went back to bed this morning, its really put me out of sync!! Just made lasagne for tea, I have done nothing but eat all day!!! I have days like this where I eat and eat then I have days when I don't fancy anything!!

hi ladies hope everyone is good i don't post very often but have been stalking u all for weeks now and feel like i should join in. i'm freaking out abit about the whole going into hospital at the mo don't really want to think about it so i keep putting packing my bag off. i don't finish work for another 2 weeks so i really don't want to have to need my bags until after then. and the thought that some of us will be going into labour soon really freaks me out it just seems to be going to quickly, 9 months seemed like so long but now i'm nearly there is seems to have gone so fast

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->