****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

here are some nursery in progress pics!
https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=255624&id=772731039&l=8fefd45b4d

and the pram arrived! whoop!

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/brainlesslittleaurora/Abcd0014-4.jpg

I am so looking forward to getting into bed tonight!!! I feel shattered, its been so muggy today and I think its taken it our of me!! Ian has tomorrow off so we are taking Murphy and my neice to the beach for a nice walk!

Louise we shall have to meet up soon, along with Drazic and Jen!!

Asher what a pain about your phone and internet!!

Babythinkpink, that film is brill, I prefered it to the first one!!

Little A, they guessed he was 5 1/4 - 5 1/2 lbs at 32 weeks. Have you been given an estimate?

Gorgeous pics Little A! Loving the Metallica T'shirt! I have kept an Italy shirt which is hanging in baby's wardrobe. It shall be worn whether it's a he or a she! Love the pram too!

Blob, its the contraception lady who gets on my wick, I mean you just have squeezed a melon out of a hole the size of a lemon and she comes in all chirpy asking what you intend to use as contraception, as if the baby was not enough for you!!
Then she starts about your pelvic floor, which may just be useful if you could even feel it, i delight in my first wee having given birth let alone knowing anything about the state of my pelvic floor!!
I have been very good at avoiding her now!:haha:

:rofl: :rofl:
Yea she bugged me too... i was needing a MW to come and tell me when to pee :haha: Urgh i would like to forget, sitting on the toilet and no conrtol over peeing or not :dohh:

LOVE the nursery pics :)

Hi ladies

I've had a 24 hour nightmare (issues with SD again) I can't even begin to go into it. I got in to a terrible hysterical state last night and thought I was going to go into premature labour. I have felt dreadful today, sick, headache, painful eyes. I finally managed to get some sleep from about 5pm-7.30pm and I hope I manage to get a decent night of sleep.

Sorry I haven't felt able to catch up properly today. I'll try and pick up where I left off tomorrow

Night girls xx

Aw MrsJ, big hugs. Hope you are feeling better soon xxx

ARRRGHHHHHH!! is anyone else getting seriously fed up with people saying something like the following what seems like every 10 minutes:

"you wait til the baby's born, then you'll know what tired is"

"just wait until the baby's here, then you'll never stop doing laundry"

"make the most of those lie ins, as you'll have no sleep when the baby arrives"

ARRGGHH! I know people mean well, but I'm not stupid! I KNOW I will be tired when the baby arrives, but that doesn't mean that hip pain isn't keeping me awake most of the night now as well! And I know I will be doing a lot of laundry when the baby arrives... why do people feel the need to say these things constantly??! Maybe I'm just being irrational and hormonal but it's driving me insane! Even Matt came home from work today and said "I'm going to punch the next person that tells me how tired I am going to be once the baby is born" ha ha ha

:lol: I have to say i have NEVER slept so much as i did with a newborn...its not as hard as people make out. Now having a toddler...so much worse :haha: I dont know why people always say that :gun: :gun:

Honnestly i do not know why people make it out to be so bad :hugs:

Blimey - i don't come on for a few days & look how many pages there are to read!!!!

Had my midwife appt today, told her about my passing out & vomiting & apparently my BP is quite low so she thinks it may be that. Not much can be done now & it will recover once bubba is here, same for the patterns she pressed into my legs :growlmad:. Tufty is still engaged (like he/she's gonna move or something :dohh: lol). Got another appt in 3 weeks time as i have my scan next week to check the placenta :thumbup:.

I just want everything to be perfect for my baby
I know that feeling soooo well right now hun :hugs: DH tried to please me with my furniture ideas but i had to admit to myself in the end that the way it is, is the best way for it all to work........it's just upsetting i can't have a 'proper' nursery :cry:. Oh well, i guess i should be happy that my baby has everything it needs & more (& less upset about how the place looks.......not like Tufty is going to care much eh).
Hope you get your wedding problems sorted out hun, two major stressful events so close together! :hugs: (says she who moved house, got engaged, got married & fell pregnant all in the same year:shrug: .......our baby will be here before our 1st wedding anniversary :dohh: lol)

Asher - gorgeous blanket - love the colours!

F&C, this is my problem at the moment - i just can't find anything i think i will wear comfortably, i'm gonna end up walking around naked in hospital :nope: is it ok to wear pj's afterwards? OR have those who have been here before found nighties best? (i usually sleep commando!!!)
I'm only waking when I have to turn over as it hurts and is such a mission
My DH finds this task absolutely hilarious :growlmad:

Carley - loving the blue tongue babes xxx Keep room for the baby won't you? :haha:

I refuse to look at the links for changing bags.......bags are a weakness of mine as it is & i already have 2 changing bags now :blush: I'm using one to pack babys stuff into for the hospital :thumbup:

Ooooh RLT - i have capsules & tea bags..........can someone remind me whaen we start & how much? :dohh:

Emzy that's about what i have ready to pack hun, not taking too much (loads of people say they pack too much) sad as it sounds remember hospitals are not the safest of places to leave your lovely stuff (i've heard items can go walkies when you go for a shower or to the loo) plus your other half & visitors can always provide should you need to stay longer than expected :thumbup: OH don't forget the car seat........unless DH will be collecting it (i'll make sure mine's in the car as we go lol)
Drazic - my OH hasn't a clue what i'll be packing........i'll take charge of that side of things thank you very much my darling :thumbup: God i hope i don't have to rely on him to bring extra stuff in :haha:

hopeful 39er CONGRATULATIONS :happydance: wonderful news hun :happydance::happydance::happydance:

So not the best day plus discovered that my oven has broke The hob and grill are working but the Fan oven comes on but will not heat up, after some googling I think its the fan element that has gone, anyone any experience of this?
Yeah ME! Mine has been broken for many months now as DH is a little too relaxed about ordering a new element, i've learnt to cook using my grill for everything :dohh:

Oooo hlittle A is that a M&S my unusual friends top? I luuuuuurve that range!!!!! Can't wait for bubba to arrive so i can buy some of those super cute clothes heehee

Emzy - i keep havint that too, very annoying!

Well, i've finally caught up now. DH should be home any time so i'll go put the kettle on for him :thumbup: chat tomorrow ladies, night night xxx

Regarding pj's and such... I've heard to just wear hospital clothing as long as you can, because theres a good chance you're going to ruin whatever you're wearing anyways!

Evening!
I just pitched Simon into the crib at 6:40 pm for the second night in a row.
Tonight I have a trillion things to do. I am giving a talk on wildcats in a really beautiful little backcountry campsite in Yoho Nat'l Park on Wed night, and I have a LOT of re-organising to do. I need to squash all our camping and hiking gear down into three measly bags! No problem when it's just adults, but with a toddler? You know how crazy huge your diaper bag winds up being just to go to the playground for five minutes, right? Imagine two days in the mountains hiking. :dohh: What was I thinking when I signed up for this?
Anyway, I would like a membership in the Drowsy & Unmotivated Pregnant Women Club, please.
Oh well, it is really beautiful up there. It will all be worth it.

Well what a day yesterday - i had a growth scan because they thought that babys femur was short but all turned out to be growing well. but the sonographer said i had a lot of fluid and wanted me to have another glucose test (even though the last 2 have been fine) so mum and i went round the miwives to book it in and they said that i was going to be under consultant care from now on because of having group B strep (i have never heard of this or been informed of it before now) but they way she said it was very casual as if i should know all about it. I asked her what it was and she gave me a leaflet explaining that once i go into labour i will have to get straight to the hospital and have IV antibiotics from the onset during..... which messes up my birth plans quite a lot.

She explained that its nothing too much to worry about as they are aware of it but advised me to read up on it anyway. They've booked me in for another glucose test on thursday and a consultant appointment on monday.

Mum and i went home with leaflet in hand that explains that at birth if baby gets infected s/he could potentially die or get bad meningitis and brain damage, so i cried and cried and cried for ages. Until, dave got home, i explained it to him and he asked how they knew if i had this or not (because hes an intelligent person unlike me) as he knows that this has to be sent urine samples to the labs for testing which he also knows they havent done for me. So he calls the hospital and has a long chat with them and takes me back down there for more urine samples and a dreaded anal swab (not so nice).

After this a midwife (very good and nice) explains that she believes that they have out the wrong sticker on the wrong set of notes!!!!!!!!!! ALL THAT BLOODY WORRYING.

I feel bad for the person that does have it and isnt getting treatment.....

they are sending my tests off anyway so im not saying i do or i dont until they come back, but what a load of fuss for what may not be.

i still have to have the glucose test again and the consultant appointment on monday but hopefully i will be taken off consultant care and go back to having the "text book" pregnancy i thought i was having!!!

Sorry to be all me me me but i needed to vent.....

Hope everyone is ok...

has anyone heard how mamabirds baby shower went i havent had time to look back....

and limpets you chat girl!!!

morning all !

Mrs J08 sorry to hear your feeling so rough i hope you have somehow had a better night?

Emzy im definatly learning that when your pregnant people feel free to say whatever they like regardless of how it might make you feel "your life will never be the same" "your going to be so tired" like these things didnt occured to me? My size is also the main topic of conversation i either get "oh your not that big for twins" or "oh my gosh your huge arnt you" its okay when you have asked but from strangers on the bus not so fun!

Im tidying the cupboard under the stairs today ,exciting stuff eh? perhaps if we call it nesting ill feel more inspired .

Be back later x

carley thats bloody awful putting you through all that ? medical professionals eh?

If they have cocked up you have every right to go to medical complaints , i hope everything gets sorted out and you have a better day x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->