****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

Well, I'm sat here on a 'Giant Retro Space Hopper' according to the box, from OH's stash of useless novelty things he moved into our house when we moved in together. I never thought it'd actually come in handy for something other than drunken house party games. I'm pretty comfy sat on it (pelvis wise) but the top of my back is killing me - maybe it's too low down. The laptop is on the sofa, so maybe leaning to read/type is doing it too. I dunno.

I finally gave in and let DD on her trampoline even though it was soaked through. She enjoyed it even more I think!

BTP, glad you're all ready for school... I am too now I think.

Genies & Emma - congrats on your induction dates!

My mouth is on fire now :(
Emzy, Holly is gorgeous. If you miss your bump, you're more than welcome to have mine! I'm getting fed up now; I want my body back.

Good Luck Choc!

Danielle - I daren't check my own cervix either... I don't even know what i'd be checking for!

Asher - Glad you've had a nice day :flower:

Sorry to anyone else i've missed... I'm shattered. I WAS going to watch CSI, until I saw that it's on till midnight. There's no way I can stay up that long, especially with me having to get up at 6am to give OH his bday presents in the morning. Also got car to get through it's MOT tomorrow (eeek!) some hay being delivered, AND then off to Frankie and Benny's with all family for OH. So, busy day for me... I'll need my sleep!

Hope everyone sleeps as well as I plan to (PLAN being the operative word).

No I don't either!!

Good idea Emzy. Am going to get out tomorrow! I'm determined! Danielle, I definitely wouldn't suggest checking your cervix if you're having chili sauce!! Ouch! x

Lol I don't plan to :)

OK listen up ladies - as i suggested it :dohh: i guess it's only fair i set it up :dohh::dohh:. Here is our new thread for when we become Mummies :happydance:

https://www.babyandbump.com/parenting/399685-september-stars.html

F&C i hope you don't mind me stealing your initial list from page 1 :blush: but i did anyway :haha:. Hopefully i will be able to keep it updated (apart from when i'm having my own little one but i will endeavour to catch up as soon as i am able to - please don't all go into labour when i do if you don't mind :thumbup: thanks :haha:).

Let me know if anyone would like anything adding to it :hugs:

Enjoy :hugs:

I'm a cervix checker :haha: I can feel it fine but nothing changes and then it makes me sad... :cry:

We really need more babies in here i seem to remember that August had around 20 born at the end of July??

Well nothing to report on my baby front :cry: It makes me not want to come on here as am so jealous :rofl:

Limpet :wohoo: we have a place to go :lol: and as it looks like i will have a september baby anyhoos now i can properly stay.

Limpets, thanks!!!! A meet would be ace!!!!!

Blob, even if you have mini blob now you will always be a Sept Star!!!!

My bump feel so bloody heavy tonight, its making my back hurt so much!!! Hope is also quite wriggly, she is moving from side to side, which isn't helping!!

Rrrrrr that's nice limpets would u mind if I stayed as a sept mummy as I should be one anyway just got a lil impatient lil miss must take after her dad lol

Still no change although period pains are gettin. A bit worse.

Well you can't get rid of me even though I was well and truly in August!!

alright quick post to ask some opinions, i set up a thread on this as well but if anyone wants to jump in here I appreciate the advice. I am 36 weeks today (yay one more week until full term) and currently 1 1/2 cm dilated and 50 - 60% effaced. Doctor said he could feel the babies head at my appointment today. I haven't given much thought to the eviction thing but my doctor wants to go ahead and do a sweep next week to keep things moving, what do you guys think? It seems really soon to be doing that but I will be full term so I am so torn.

Anyone live north west london.. hertfordshire/middlesex area?

Cervix... why kind of things should you be looking out for, changes etc...

Laura, seems strange he wants to push start labour and not let mother nature do its job, most docs would be trying to keep babs in there as long as possible if there is no health problems.... is there any reason why he wants to force it?

hi - cant believe there are so many september babies here already. Its very exciting!! Im being induced next wed on my due date but really wanted natural labour so hoping the full moon helps me out tonight.Hee hee
Good luck to everyone who are experiencing labour signs and hope things arent too painful and not too long x

Good Luck Choc, hope it all goes well for you tomorrow

Emzy - Loving the new pictures Hope looks so cuddly xxx

Limpets - Thanks for setting up the new thread.

Louise - sorry you have to wait another week - maybe it might happen earlier anyway xx

Genies and Elmaxie - big congrats on your induction dates must be great knowing when your going to meet little ones xx

Went for lovely lunch with a friend today had a voucher for pizza express yum yum, shame I walked around town like a penguin due to baby giving me pains.

Its official baby brain has started I got money out this morning for my hypno session. My DH and I sitting quietly on the sofa for an hour waiting....... damn it.... looked at diary and realised its next Tuesday, luckily my man saw the funny side

Started my raspberry leaf tea today, I like the taste so found its not going to be difficult to drink everyday. Bought the tablets aswell 750mg and states I can have upto 2 aday.... I thought I was meant to be aiming for 4 or 5 a day, so sticking to the 2 for now.

Laura, I was just about to say the same thing as LadyK. Why is he offering you a sweep ? In the UK you are unlikely to be offered a sweep unless deemed necessary before 40 weeks, where I live they say no to sweeps until 41 weeks. sorry I cant be more useful xx

BOBO Congrats on your induction date, keep us posted !

Ow! I cant sleep - have had period pain and backache since 1 this morning (its now 7am). Managed to get about 2 hours broken sleep - doubtful its labour as more constant then pain every half hour which i would expect at the beginning but would really appreciate some advice as to whether others have had this. Sorry to be a wuss but partner is asleep and its my first baby :(

Morning ladies,
choc & emzy - you ladies had better not go to another thread..........we got you this far your stuck with us now:haha:
Ummmmm-sorry can't remember name (am on iPod) I would decline the sweep & let nature decide, if there's no medical reason for needing to get baby out it's much better for them to arrive in their own good time. Would the doctor receive payment for performing a sweep? I think a lot of health care professions over there work on a comission basis so maybe this is the reason ????
Well, I've sent my very disgruntled husband off to work (lots of work changes & once again he has been taken for a ride). I said I'd work on getting Tufty out so he can take some much needed time out :haha:
I managed to hurt my arm yesterday........mopping of all things :dohh: not sure if it's a strain, pulled muscle or trapped nerve but I have pins & needles in my little finger & wedding ring finger & I can't lift it upwards or outwards. I did hope it would have settled overnight but it hasn't :shrug:
Anyways, I'm going back to sleep for another few hours - see if that helps lol
:hugs:

Ow! I cant sleep - have had period pain and backache since 1 this morning (its now 7am). Managed to get about 2 hours broken sleep - doubtful its labour as more constant then pain every half hour which i would expect at the beginning but would really appreciate some advice as to whether others have had this. Sorry to be a wuss but partner is asleep and its my first baby :(

I had something like this the other night. I had day's of back ache then it was just constantly hurting and getting stronger every so often then easing off....woke up next morning struggling to walk/move, then it went completely :( I just have the odd achy back and hip now

Morning!!

Strange your doc wants to give you a sweep!? Is there a medical reason to get baby out/keep you going?
I would ask. But I know I was offered one but that was on the understanding I was being induced next week so it was a push to try get things started!
Maybe it's common practice over with you...but in the uk I think you really mainly get it done when you reach your due date??

Well the pain killers I got had the knock me out effect last night so had a good sleep ie only up twice for the loo!!
Unfortunately Nathan has decided that 5:45am is wake up time but bless OH he got up with him so I slept until 7!!
And tomorrow he is getting up with him too and taking him to the childminders...my last long lie in bed for months potentially!!
But my head is throbbing today like I have been out drinking but guessing it's due to good sleep or a side effect of tablets!?

Was hoping to see that choc had gone into labour/had baby!

I also had a dream that I came on and Asher and blob had both had girls over night!!! Ooooooo!!!

I have a whole day with Nathan who is intent on causing chaos and noise. Got some washing to do and it looks like it might be a lovely day too!!

So I think a day in the garden is in order...my hip is killing me but I have a heat pack stuffed down my jeans so going it helps a but too!

Be back later for gossip/babies/labour!!

Emma.xx

oh no Limpet sorry about your mopping related injury x

Blob- i had a dream last night that i was reading that you had your baby in the night, any luck?

i need to get on with sorting more things off my to do list , what to do first, i think ill just have a nap and think about it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->