* September Stars 2014 * 41 babies born!

I wanted to holler for him to come in the room and try to feel...but my in-laws are here visiting and I really didn't want them to hear all the commotion...they are SUPER excitable and I actually limit what we tell them because we will get a million questions. So I held back...it was hard, I was so excited by how strong the kicks were!

It's terrible though, my in-laws won't let me do anything, are treating me like I am a porcelain doll and am going to break and stuff we have bought/are doing isn't good enough! It's been a very rough weekend. It's gotten to the point where I have yelled at them. Luckily, I think they are chalking it all up to hormones (even though that's not what it is!). It's a good thing I am not easily excitable because they keep talking about all the stuff with husband when he was born because he was a premie and had a lot of issues. What they don't get: I am an occupational therapist, I work in a hospital and have a tremendous amount of experience with babies and children with special needs as well as typically developing children. Whatever cards we get delt, is what we have and DH and I will be able to take care of it and we will be fine.

sorry, needed to vent a little. Thanks for listening!

Anyone's morning sickness coming back? The past week I have been nauseated at all different times of the day and then today at 4pm I barely made it to the bathroom to vomit. Was not very nice...

On the upside - our pram was delivered today!!!

I am due the day after you are and my morning sickness has also come back out of the blue. I was worried I had a stomach ulcer or something :o

Hello there all. :) 26 weeks today and my baby boy has been quite active. When I'm at home during the day, I can feel him often now. Not that much at work, cause I'm always so busy moving about.
I think the little bugger has moved up a bit, cause my bump isn't that round anymore but seems to be moving up! So envious at women with nice round bumps!:blush:

Im 24+2 and my husband has been able to feel tiny movements for a couple weeks, with a couple bigger ones this past weekend. I feel lots of movements when I am laying on my side. I LOVE it!!!!

I have been feeling baby move since 17-18 weeks. Dh started feeling it around 20 weeks . Her kicks are very strong. My stomach looks like it's doing the wave sometimes . Especially when I'm lying flat on my back . Has anyone else been having sciatic pains or lower abdominal pains when moving too quickly ? I had it in the first tri but they seem worse now.. Like I can't breathe when I have them :/ also.. I didn't have Braxton hicks in my first pregnancy nor did I ever experience labor. She was a c section planned at the last minute because she was breeched . Therefore I have no idea what a Braxton hicks feels like.. Anyone care to share their experience with them ?

Anyone's morning sickness coming back? The past week I have been nauseated at all different times of the day and then today at 4pm I barely made it to the bathroom to vomit. Was not very nice...

On the upside - our pram was delivered today!!!

I'm still on medication for my sickness :cry:

I have been feeling baby move since 17-18 weeks. Dh started feeling it around 20 weeks . Her kicks are very strong. My stomach looks like it's doing the wave sometimes . Especially when I'm lying flat on my back . Has anyone else been having sciatic pains or lower abdominal pains when moving too quickly ? I had it in the first tri but they seem worse now.. Like I can't breathe when I have them :/ also.. I didn't have Braxton hicks in my first pregnancy nor did I ever experience labor. She was a c section planned at the last minute because she was breeched . Therefore I have no idea what a Braxton hicks feels like.. Anyone care to share their experience with them ?

I second the pain when moving to fast. Sometimes its enough that I have to hold that area till it goes away. Not nice at all.

I've had Braxton hicks for a few weeks now, and it just feels like my whole belly goes rock hard for about 30 seconds at a time. It's uncomfortable, and if it happens when I'm walking around then I need to stand still and wait for it to go. I wouldn't say they were painful, though...just uncomfortable.

It might be that the pain is just a growth spurt, and your muscles are struggling to keep up. Try to move slowly. Also, are you sleeping with a pillow under your belly? I find that I get quite strong pains in the morning if I haven't, which I'm guessing is because my muscles have had to do all the supporting of baby throughout the night. Might be worth a try?

Hope it eases for you soon :hugs:

I've had Braxton hicks for a few weeks now, and it just feels like my whole belly goes rock hard for about 30 seconds at a time. It's uncomfortable, and if it happens when I'm walking around then I need to stand still and wait for it to go. I wouldn't say they were painful, though...just uncomfortable.

It might be that the pain is just a growth spurt, and your muscles are struggling to keep up. Try to move slowly. Also, are you sleeping with a pillow under your belly? I find that I get quite strong pains in the morning if I haven't, which I'm guessing is because my muscles have had to do all the supporting of baby throughout the night. Might be worth a try?

Thank you :) I don't think I've had Braxton hicks yet then. & it's weird about the muscles growing thing because I've had a full term pregnancy before without any of these pains. I know each time is different but I think they would know what to do more this time than last time ! Haha . I'm also thinking that having a c section might have messed up my lower abdominal muscles so maybe that is why. since they've been surgically stitched back together and all that they may actually be tighter than before . Hmm.. I will try the pillow under my belly though ! Hope your Braxton hicks ease up on you some.

Another question for all of you: anyone have a vbac before? I'm going for one this time or going to try to at least. I guess it's always a fear that you will hemorrhage or your incision will come back open. I don't want another c section but those fears are driving me crazy . Am I being over reactive ? The doc tells me it's fine since my c section was almost 6 yrs ago and I only had one and was fairly young . But has anyone had any issues with a vbac ? Or know someone that has? Just want to discuss all of this with the doc :)

Thank you :) I don't think I've had Braxton hicks yet then. & it's weird about the muscles growing thing because I've had a full term pregnancy before without any of these pains. I know each time is different but I think they would know what to do more this time than last time ! Haha . I'm also thinking that having a c section might have messed up my lower abdominal muscles so maybe that is why. since they've been surgically stitched back together and all that they may actually be tighter than before . Hmm.. I will try the pillow under my belly though ! Hope your Braxton hicks ease up on you some.

Another question for all of you: anyone have a vbac before? I'm going for one this time or going to try to at least. I guess it's always a fear that you will hemorrhage or your incision will come back open. I don't want another c section but those fears are driving me crazy . Am I being over reactive ? The doc tells me it's fine since my c section was almost 6 yrs ago and I only had one and was fairly young . But has anyone had any issues with a vbac ? Or know someone that has? Just want to discuss all of this with the doc :)

I've not had a VBAC but am hoping for one. I've not heard of haemorrhaging being a particular issue with VBACs and the risk of scar rupture is actually quite low for most. To put it in perspective the risk of cord prolapse or placental abruption is 1 in 100 and this can happen to any woman but doesn't make you considered high risk, the risk of scar rupture is around 1 in 200 so half the risk of those other conditions. Also, from what I've read the vast majority of scar ruptures aren't actually catastrophic and can be relatively minor.

I'm a hypochondriac haha so thank you for putting my mind at ease some !

Hi Ladies, havent been on here much lately but think I've caught up with all your news.

As for me, went for appt with midwife and I'm measuring 2 weeks bigger than I am, which means I'll get to have another scan - can't wait.
Got a blood test Friday to see if I have diabetes linked with pregnancy. 3hrs in the hospital.
Jelly tot is getting busier now, and OH can feel some movement but not always, getting stronger though xxx

So just got back from my ob appointment. Baby is healthy and growing well. I have finally gained a few pounds. I have to go for my gd test in 3 weeks and see him again on june 26. They are going to tie my tubes like I asked and the date is set for sept 10th at 730 am so glad to finally have a date!!!

I've been getting BH for quite a while with this pregnancy, definitely before 12 weeks. They're usually not enough to stop me in my tracks but they can be uncomfortable. I got them with my last pregnancy aswell but not til later on, still had to be induced at 11 days past my due date though!
Anyone else feel like they're carrying really low? All her movements are low down in my bump and I need the loo pretty much all the time lol!

Hi ladies, just wanted to let you all know I'm still following you. And I got my bfp yesterday morning.
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->