****September Stars!!****

Oh pants.. hey ho, I guess it's not long before you can find out. x

Oh pants.. hey ho, I guess it's not long before you can find out. x

True enough!! I think we may actually stay on team yellow, we did with the boys. As I am pretty much sure it's a boy anyway, I'd like to keep the rest of the family (the desperate ones who want a girl!!) guessing, we're not finding out until it pops out!!! x

Wow hats off to you Asher! I am so impatient!! I think we're having a boy too. So far 1 person on this site has predicted boy but on another website 2 people have predicted girl, so who knows!

Happy Mummies Day ladies. I was a little put out that my DH didn't get me a card or present :growlmad: but then we celebrated it last year only too loose our little Limpet so i can kinda understand why.
However we had his parents over & his Mum (who's not at all excited......being a straight laced catholic woman it's nowt special & what we should be doing regardless :lmao:) bought me 2 lovely bunches of flowers bless her! I cooked us all a nice lunch & even indulged in a glass of sparkling rose wine :happydance:. We ran a girls name past them but it was quickly dismissed lol, i think it was a little too weird for them to be honest haha.
I washed the liners for the wicker baskets on the changing unit today - just put them back in & placed all my re-useable nappies in them, i also have a few bits of linen on the shelf above & some toys in the other basket. It all seems to be becoming a bit real now :happydance: i'm already thinking i need to shop for a 'coming home' outfit lol.

Asher i don't think you can see a nub in my scan piccy either :nope: I'd kinda like to know, if only to stock up on gender things. Everyone around me says it's a boy - even Dh said the same last night. I'm holding onto the fact that a boy wouldn't cause so much trouble in early pregnancy :haha:

I think the temptation to find out is far greater this time, partly because so many more people do find out now, many more than when I was preggers with Jack. DH feels we would be treating this one differently to the other two if we found out and were prepared.... in some ways I want to find out, but in others I am happy for the surprise.... I do see myself with 3 boys though!

PS Well done Limpetsmum you've had a busy day!!

I did do some sorting this week, put all the baby stuff in the box room. I can't wait to wash all the reusable nappies I had for Jack, I loved using them, but will need to buy some smaller sizes as I started them with him at around 5 months. I loved folding them and putting them away washed and dried. So lovely!!

Limpetsmum, my dh apologised for not getting me a card or anything but he was worried incase anything happens so I can understand where your oh is coming from. It must be so hard for the boys. x

asher what nappies are you using? & how did you find using them? I'm a bit nervous - mainly because i worry about drying them, they are the Bamboozle cotton ones & if the weather turns wintery quickly i don't have central heating (only naff storage heaters). As they are size 1 only though i might buy some birth to potty in that quick drying material (i forget what it's called). Need to look into government cash back initiative before spending any more though.

Fish&chips i agree - it must be weird for them as their life isn't really changing much yet.

I used Bambino Mio prefolds and covers. To be honest, I didn't look into them as much as I should have done before I bought them!! But I wanted them and they looked pretty! Once I got used to using them they were fab. So the ones I have you fold like an old fashioned nappy. BM reckon you then just put the cover on and that should hold it all in, but I found that I got a better fit and less leaks when I used pins or these fab things called snappis which fasten the nappy up before you put the cover on. The only prob with the washing part was the drying, and I liked the result I got from the dryer although I know that's not so green! I then went on ebay and bought loads of different covers to use, which looked good.

I found an American friend on a forum who made me some fleece and bamboo night time nappies which were absolutely great, I will try to find a couple of pics to show you.

The reusable nappy thing is cool, just takes a bit of getting used to with the wash cycles and stuff. And I did find that some of the old fashioned tips (from my mum!!) worked, liked soaking in a bucket with napisan before the wash and such like that.

That said, I did still quite often use disposables when out and about, cos obviously when they are wet and or dirty, they get heavy and there can be a pong!!

Cooey - may I come in? I'm 13wks today, can I join 2nd Tri Sept Stars or am I a bit early and wait til 14wks? Ika x

Looked pretty lol. The ones i have are 2nd hand & i liked the amount i got & the bright colours for the price (17 nappies, 4 water proof outers recomended for night time use & 4 fleecy covers all for £45 - want the site name? it's like an ebay but solely for nappies). They are already shaped like a nappy with velcro fastening & you just put cotton liners & a disposable (like tissue) liner in if you wish. I think they look nicer than normal nappies.
That said, I did still quite often use disposables when out and about, cos obviously when they are wet and or dirty, they get heavy and there can be a pong!!
Yeah we have a hliday booked 4 weeks after my due date (crazy i know) so i've got some disposables to use then - also smaller to pack into change bag as a few spares if going out for a long time.

Yeah Limpetsmum can you forward me that website please hun, I may become addicted!!! There is something about a baby with a fluffy bum!!!

Here you go https://www.usednappies.co.uk/index.php & i'm misterthomas on there just so we don't get into a silly bidding war hehee.

Thanks hun, I will let you know if I register so we don't fight ha ha!!!!

I have never thought of using reusuable nappies! Will deffo have a look into it!!

Finally found our bubbas heartbeat last night!!! Nice and strong!! About 154 bpm!! Hubby found it straight away!! I have no patience lol! We hadn't tried for a few weeks!! So well pleased!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->