September Stars

Jelly your right Sod the old hag! How dare she tell you off for feeding your child !

I didnt take James to be weighed today as i dont want to be told he has lost weight because he has been ill...i phone and spoke to hv and told her i would not be going and why and she agreed and said she didnt want me disheartened if he hadnt gained so that was quite nice of her for a change! lol! but then i saw a friend who goes and she was telling me how one of the hv's was telling a few people in there that they should sit their 4 month olds in their high chair and give them bits of what they are having and said the wouldnt choke, so they all use their own personal advise not necessarily right or wrong! x

When i spoon feed James through his clamped mouth he sometimes gags on some smooth foods or tiny lumps but today we went into Mcdonalds with my mum and she had my niece with us who was eating cheesy wosits and James was rocking towards her looking at them so my Mum said "awww he wants one here you go give it him" so i did cos i thought he would just drop it but oh no...he sat and ate 3 wotsits without as much as a face pull!!!!! I couldnt believe it!!! xx

Hi all! Just a quick one from me, I have read but no time to reply properly!

Sorry to hear about your crappy situation boony, hope all goes well with your scan x
BTP have a fab weekend, hope you heal ok!!

Lilia is still not quite herself, was fine yesterday but crabby and snotty again today, who knows if it is teething or a cold! Same symptoms for both, argh! But she has a new trick which is sticking her tongue right out with her mouth right open, it's soooooooooo cute! I have a couple of pics of it in the 6 months album on FB... doubt I'll get a good video of her bum shuffling, she seems to freeze when there's a camera around!! But she got from one end of the changing mat to the other by digging her heels in and pulling her legs back! Bless her, it's quite funny to watch.... she only seems to do it with bare feet/legs though at the moment!! She did, however, spy a toy in front of her that she couldn't reach, and leant forward to get onto her front to get it! She went face first (I caught her) but then happily played with it on her front.... first steps to all fours and crawling maybe? Can't believe how quickly they're becoming mobile!

R&R is going ok, it's slightly stressy at times as i'm so used to dealing with Lilia on my own and she can be a bit fussy with her feeding, he automatically assumes that it's because it's him and not me, when all he needs to do really is persevere or change positions etc... plus he has so much going on in his head, he knows he's going back next weekend so it's hard for him :( It's lovely to have him here though, even if the toilet seat seems to have a new home.....up!! Hee hee!!

hey guys, havnt had the time to have a proper read and i dont seem to be having any emails updating me of new posts to this thread, after the first couple it stops.

Im ill again !! FFS i was hardly ever ill before and now i dont remember feeling normal !!! but looks like im not the only one, hugz to all the sickies here. x

Paige is now 15.8lbs she only takes between 3-5oz of milk at a time, but HV isnt worried so im not now.

Blob- i saw the video !! wow very impressed !!such a clever girl x

Jelly- Im very lucky all the HV at my place are nice but i have a MW i didnt like when paige was first born. x

Emzy- good luck job hunting, a friend said to me after a while it isnt that bad being away, she says its nice to get time with adults and spends every min she can with her son. x

Boony- im so sorry to to read whats been going on, having a bleed is scary. I had a major bleed with paige, it can happen if you get pregnant soon after being pregnant before... i didnt think people could post photos of children without the permission of their parents. I know you wouldnt want to go down that route but you may want to remind them of it. x

emzdreamgirl- do you think you will ever come back on FB ? miss seeing your photos x

Louise- men and bloody toilet seats !!! i guess thats something he hasnt had to think about, glad its going well, i bet it must be hard for him to learn her routine and things x

Sorry if i missed anyone.... x

Right im off to bed, grant said he will do everything tomorrow morning and i can stay in bed... lets see if this really does happen x

Awwww :cloud9: Rosalie does that goes maaamaa maamm mm amm its so cute and when she's crying she's crawls along saying it to me...though not sure in her case its me just more a noise she loves to make :lol: So cute tho well done Holly she's going to be a smarty :cloud9:

Rosalie has huge puffy eyes and one of them was totally crusted over this mornig :sick: Have done all the things you're meant to 'warm water, cotton wool, wiping outwards and different piece each wipe. Poor thing looks like she's been punched in the face :( Might try the miracle cure (breastmilk) but makes me laugh too much thinking 'Do i just aim for her eye' :rofl:

Louise :( think they all do that though, Robin still thinks its because they like me more :dohh:

JJ good for you sticking to your guns!!

LBB I can honnestly say that BLW has been the easiest thing for me, to begin with Rosalie just picked things up and sucked on them. Then in her own time started to eat them... I give her anything she wants just now (anything I'm eating). Rosalie has only just started eating yoghurt ha ha its rather messy :haha:

Morning girls

I'm pleased to report that Holly went to sleep on her own last night! Yippee! Not much crying, had to pop the dummy in once and off she went til 7.15 this morning. I then brought her into bed with me as I was still tired and she went back to sleep til 8.30! Good girl Holly.

I have to say that I started off traditionally weaning, pureeing everything and spoon feeding her but just recently she much prefers feeding herself and doesn't really like to be spoon fed. If I try to spoon feed her she yanks the spoon off me and feeds herself lol So I've taken to leaving her to it. She makes such a mess but it's so much fun. She has pretty much whatever we have. Last night she had jacket potato, tuna, beans and cheese with us followed by a yoghurt. Do you find that people look at you like you're mad? Like "you let your baby eat a jacket potato? With TUNA?" and I'm like errrm yes? I think especially older people think you're meant to just feed babies baby mush and that's it.

xx

Hello ladies!!!

Sorry I have been awol but I am just getting over sickness and diahrroeah, its been awful! This is the first time I have been ill i about 2 years, came as a shock! I never thought I had so much liquid inside me, Ian had to come home from work yesterday as I just stuck on the bog and Hope was so upset, was a nightmare!! I am feeling better today but my tummy is still rather bubbly so not going to risk going out anywhere just incase!!

Louise, LOL at the loo seat, have to say Ian is rather well trained in that department!!

I took Hope to be weighed on Tuesday, she now weighs 20lbs 6oz! Little chunky!!

BLW is going well for us, Hope loves her food, she is having 4-5 8oz bottles a day so I must be doing something right!!

hey guys,

Last night was awful !! i couldn't sleep, i kept having a dream we were flooded and i went shopping to tesco to buy supplies and the lady at the till asked why we brought so many bottles of water and we moved all the furniture upstairs and we all slept in the same room while jakes room was our living room !!! then at 2.30 Paige woke and as grant was suppose to be on night duty with paige i kept kicking him to wake up and all i got was insults, she then woke at 4am and i couldn't sleep so went downstairs and slept on the sofa but got scared after my dream so went back up stairs...Grant then took Paige to his mum and left me to sleep but neighbours had a new boiler fitted so i couldn't sleep then so did the house work. Then i heard about Japan !!!! how awful !!! spooky i had a dream about flooding 5 hours before the earthquake, think it was just a coincidence.....but still freaked me out a bit...

Becs so sorry to hear you have been unwell, get well soon babe x

Emzy- good girl Holly !!! i may try tonight to put paige in her own room tonight while Jake is at his dads, the controlled crying is going well but she doesnt seem to be having much of a afternoon nap anymore x

Blob- poor rosalie, i also heard breast milk is good for that x

Just a quck question, baby lead weaning... what can i give her ? and how do they not choke ??

she tries to steal my own food and would love to give her finger foods but i worry like crazy !!!

Lady K - the book says to start with anything you can cut into finger size portions that can be easily handled. It says and I quote

From 6 months
Large stick-shaped pieces of food including fruit and vegetables , crusts, toast, large pasta shapes and soft patties or rissoles shaped or cut into "fingers". Long strips of meat

From 6-8 months
Foods for picking up in clumps, such as sticky rice, thick porridge, mashed potatoes, minced meat, grated cheese. Slippery foods like pasta shapes with sauce.

Basically it says not to worry about your baby gagging as it is how they learn and that the reflex is much further forward than it is in an adult. So, although it might look distressing most babies aren't bothered by it.

Hope that helps x

thanks mrsJ thats been a great help !! think ill hold off till next month but gives me time to grow some balls ...lol !!! xx

Lady k don't worry about Paige not drinking that much Layla has never drank more than 4 Ozs in one go

Becs sorry you been Ill x

Amelia has spent the day crying she keeps poking her Tongue out and dribbling I'm so hoping it's teeth we haven't got any yet and I don't know what to expect ?

genies James has been the same everyone who talks to him comments on his bloody tongue and im like 'hes teething'...iv been saying it since Jan lol x

Well iv struck gold tonight im on a freebies in stoke group and i thought as a long shot i would see if anyone had a loola chassis, wasnt fussed about the seat as i only need it to keep in the boot for the maxi cosi to clip onto, Anyway within about 10 mins someone had offered me a black loola with the seat too for FREE!! Turns out its the woman opposite, we talk in passing but wouldnt know each others full names iykwim...so im thrilled! x

I forgot to say, paige has very mild eczema on her arms and legs, i have this stuff the doctor gave me... its seems to be working really well.

LBB what a bargain !!! great who and what you find on those local board groups , i brought my car seat and iso fix for £45 from a women up the road, and on the meet mums boards i met a few girls and i got them altogether and now we have our own yummy mummy group who meet up once a week but there are 7 of us now which can be a bit tight in my living room but its really nice as we all have babies around the same age

Mrs J OMG what a totally gorgeous photo there :cloud9: I LOVE the red!!

Kara its not too bad Rosalie has just eaten everything she doesnt choke.. the only time I have to sit on my hands is when she eats steak :rofl: She puts HUGE chunks in her mouth and then chews for ages. I worry BUT she just spits things back out so I really shouldnt. It really does work and I think Robin and I both have seen a huge difference between our two? Rosalie eats everything she is given and Tabs was always really fussy... now might be more to do with them but still :lol:

Wow what a total bargin LBB

Rosalie eating her steak (beef olive)

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 7
I feel like such a wuss - I want to give Olivia more finger food but I am petrified shes going to choke so end up playing it safe instead. She is having some finger food but not as much as I would like to give her. Is there anything that is a complete no no ? xx

Lbb yay on the pushchair !

Kara whats the name of the cream? JJ is still really dry on his arms and legs and the only thing to keep his neck calm is steroid cream

Blob, I'd never even think about giving JJ steak.... Think I may have to get his Highchair up and start finger foods for him.

Well I have one DH upstairs with a full blown cold and little JJ downstairs snotty and continually coughing. Any ideas how I can ease the cough it seems to really upset him at times. I also bought a dr brown beaker with valve in it but he seems to prefer the cheap one I bought from the old hag HV. Typical it's like buying a toy and he's more pleased with the wrapping

Jelly hope your men get better soon x

Blob I loved your pics on Facebook of tabs outside , love all the space to play out in x

Amelia still has something wrong with her, I don't feel great so ive had a quiet day with Amelia and Layla has spent the day with daddy she went to the shops grandads allotment and now she has gone to the pub for a friends birthday drink they be back soon x

GG what do you thinks wrong with Amelia? Hope she feels better soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->