• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

September Stars

HI ladies! Well it's a rollercoaster for me at the moment! I think the stinging and burning when weeing might be down to a water infection rather than grazes etc, it seems to be easing so I'm going to make sure I drink gallons of water and try to get rid!

Had a bad day yesterday with the BFing, rang the breastfeeding helpline where the woman I spoke to suggested it might be thrush, although I dunno how I would have got it?! I went along to a 'bosom buddies' session today at the local surestart centre, the BF counsellor there helped me out, watched me feed and showed me how I should be doing it. I feel a lot more confident and positive about it now, and although it is still going to be sore as damage has been done to my nipples, I will keep trying to perfect the latch and fingers crossed it will all heal up quickly and become much more natural!

Lilia is still sleeping brilliantly, we are so so lucky! AND she didn't cluster feed last night so after her feed at 11.30pm, she woke up at 4am and again at 7.30! So I might be in pain but at least I get to sleep!! Hee hee!

Hey mummies :hi: just a thank to those who have given me their update information - front page updated as to what i've been told about now. I appreciate your help & once everyone has been born i will sort them into some sort of ascending order :wacko: based on their actual birth dates.
Glad everyone is getting on ok out there - i'm still patiently awaiting my little treasure :baby: i personally think he/she is lost :haha:
Hope to be here with you all properly soon xxx

Limpet hope to see you here soon!
Louise you poor thing, have you tried cranberry juice?
Is anyone managing to nap during the day? im jusgt rubbish and havent napped at all, a little worried im going to burn out soon!

Hi Ladies!!

On the topic or cord stumps. Peyton lost hers when she was a week old, it was completely dry...I think because of the UV beds because of the jaundice. It fell and I thought that would be the end of it but a few days later it started to bleed. Not a lot but enough that it would get full of crusted blood. :sick: anyway, apparently that's normal and all was well a week after that.

Genies girl: I have been taking naps during the day, and evening and whenever I can! lol It was hard at first. I think I did a week on only 12ish hours of sleep...but then I HAD to sleep. So now when Peyton naps I nap. Unless she has really good nights and lets me get 7-9 hours in total (3-4 hours blocks I mean)

Optical: I can't believe Izzy has a cold :-( That's so sad, she's still so little. :hugs:

Well today Peyton tried her cuddly wrap for the first time. She's been sleeping in it for about an hour so I think it's safe to say she likes it. I included a picture! :cloud9:

Hope everyone is well!

xo

Attachments

• P9130051.jpg
    P9130051.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 4
Limpet :hugs: :hugs:

Louise i'm MAJOR jealous of your sleep :grr:

Genies i dont get to nap :dohh:

Rosalie's cord fell off on day 3 :shock: Took both of them out on my own today :haha: was quite entertaining :)

Mammabird Rosalie looooooves her sling too :cloud9:

Hi mummies! Sat up feeding as usual, I think it's how I catch up on life!
We've got a ring sling but i've not yet managed to use it. Sam has been so chilled, i've not needed to YET! I might break it out and give it a go though!
Glad u went off for the breastfeeding support louise. Sorry to hear about kylie. :hugs:
Right, going to catch up on the pregnant ladies and my fb. This phone drives me mad typing on it and stuff, but it keeps me sane for night feeds! X

Hi girls
Just popping in to say hi! Holly is wide awake as usual... think I'm in for another sleepless night! I'm shattered! Will pop on for a catch up when I can keep my eyes open! Hope you're all good Xx

hope you got some sleep Emzy, Dh has gone into work this morning so im home alone, we dont get much time together so ive really liked having him around, i did some double feeding this morning, i cant decide yet if its easier to have them on the same routine or be feeding at diferent times, when they cry together its so hard to know who to deal with first but im learning each day x

aww genies I don't know how you manage with twins!! I was saying to my mum yesterday I don't know how you manage! I got a bit of a sleep this morning, 3 hours ish which seems to have done the trick for now. I think a nap is in order this afternoon though when my mum comes over. How are you sleeping genies? Do they cry at different times, or around the same times? xx

Mamabird Peyton is beautiful! She looks so so cute in her sling :)

Genies i do not know how you manage with twins i am finding it confusing enough with just the one!

OH went back to work yesterday so i spent the first day alone with Charlie-Jack. Well i say alone i had lots of friends popping in, and without sounding mean i think i would have preferred to just be alone with him for the first day while i found my feet! Well hopefully no visitors today so i am going to just enjoy him and relax! I am ever so glamorous at the moment, Charlie likes to show how much he loves his mama by peeing on me and sicking up on me! Added to the constant leaky boobs i am looking HOT!!

Well hope everyone is good and got a decent-ish sleep last night!

x x x

Morning Ladies, having a rollercoaster of a few days :wacko:
loving all the baby pic's, gorgeous!!!

Limpets :hugs: hopefully your lo will wont be much longer

Can i ask all Mum's wanting me to update their details on the 1st page to post the following details; Baby name, due date, arrival date, time of birth & weight. This will make it much easier as i'm struggling to find everyones date at the moment, cheers ladies xxx

Ollie Jackson was due on the 5th september,
arrived on saturday 11th September at 18:16pm weighing 8lb 8 :happydance:

thanks Limpets

MamaBird Peyton looks so snuggly in her wrap :cloud9:

Louise thats fab that Lilia is sleeping so well wow! hope she had a good sleep last night too! i'm not jel at all :haha:
hope you are feeling less sore :hugs:

optical poor izzy, hope she is better soon!

Emzy
great to hear that you managed to get some sleep hun, every little helps :)

genies girl sounds like you are doing great with the twins, i can see your dilema on who to deal with first when they both cry, go with which ever routine you are most comfortable with hun xxx

lilia
have a fab day with little Charlie-Jack, dont worry i'm looking rather sexy atm too :winkwink:

Morning Ladies (I know it's not, but it should be cos I haven't woken up yet).

Louise - :hugs: glad to hear you're getting on better after going to bosom buddies. I'm going to go when OH goes back to work next week I think. I'm still struggling a bit with thrush - Bloody pesky thing won't go away and keeps making LO gag. Boobs have been particularly engorged over the past day too cos Izzy's cold is making her not feed very well (not draining them fully). It hurts and i'm getting sick of it tbh, but i'm gonna persevere for as long as I can - basically as long as she's gaining weight.

Genies - I too am not sure how you're coping with twins - you sound like you're doing great!

MamaB - that sling is lovely. I have a carrier (rather than a sling) but haven't tried her in it yet. I might invest in a sling if I can feed in it - if I can manage to keep breastfeeding, that is.

Blob - I bet that was a handful! How is tabs adjusting?

Limpets - not long for you now!

Izzy is still poorley - she was pretty hot last night so i'm gonna ask health visitor when she comes if there's anything I can do.

Hope you're doing well today ladies x

Hey Mummy's....did any of you ever get a quiet popping noise from the top of your bump?? Just feeling very anxious today now that im a week overdue!! x

I got popping noises in my bump! very weird. I've seen loads of people mentioning it in 3rd tri though so I think it#s normal. Wonder what it is
x

I got popping noises in my bump! very weird. I've seen loads of people mentioning it in 3rd tri though so I think it#s normal. Wonder what it is
x

Its bizarre...feel a bit more at ease with it now not quite so worried :flower: x

Yea i got it too :wacko:

Funny story... MW has just left and after we were told Rosalie was 8lb when she was born turns out she was 8lb9oz :haha: I thought she was a bit dinky for me being 11 days over :D She's lost less than 1oz and no doubt she will put above that by tomorrow how much she feeds :rofl:

I am quite mad today the midwife said she would be here this morning, i was up and ready for 8.30 and she has just rang me at half 4 to say shes sorry but she forgot about me!! Seriously?! I have been sat in all day waiting i had so much to do aswell! Grrr!!

Does anybody know of any offers or bargains anywhere for a electric breast pump? I am using a Tommee Tippee manual one at the moment and really need a electric one, but im a right scrooge and begrudge paying the full price for one, they're not cheap!!

limpetsmum please could you update the front page with my details please? Charlie-Jack was born on 4/9/10 at 9.04pm weighing 7lb9oz! Thankyou :flower: :hugs:

Hope everyones good x x x

I dont know where you can get one...maybe try on the wanted section on here??

My MW told me she would be here at 11.30 so i dropped Tabs off early and she came at 4pm :grr:

I don't even get given a time when the MW is due to visit,
just what day she will be turning up, so i have to wait in all day! :growlmad:

so annoying when you have things to do!!

lilia maybe try looking for a new one on ebay?

optical, sorry to hear that Izzy isnt any better, there is nothing worse when your lo isnt well and there is nothing much you can do.

Ollie had his first bath today, his Big sister was helping too, she has been fantastic with him, seeing them together makes my heart melt :cloud9: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->