September Stars

ive finally written my birth story in the birth story section if anyone wanted to read it x

Yay Genies I will head over and read it! I think Sam is settled until bedtime now. I've said it now!!! I bet he wakes up just when I'm enjoying having two hands to type with!!

Sorry to hear about the LO's tummy troubles, it's hard when you feel as though you can't help much. Big old hugs. Sam is fine with his tum so far, but things can change so quick so I'm not holding my breath!!

Sam is official now too, took him to register him today. I was thinking of changing his name but couldn't think of one I liked better ha ha! That would have been a shocker for DH when he came home from work! Anyway, Samuel James it is!

I am currently enjoying a lovely small glass of white wine. I am really enjoying the odd drink now! So nice!!

hi ladies hope you are all well,

asher im going to register Eoghan tomorrow :) itll be nice to have him officially here :)
found out y i cant walk very well lol, i have a bloody infection :cry: i have been given antibotics and hopefully i can start enjoying my pram :( cant stand for more than 5 minutes!

congrats to any new mummies :wohoo:

xxx

Oh Apaton hope that infection clears up soon honey, ouch! Is your little man okay? x

yeah hes good thanx , its just me lol, midwifes not sure if its a uritnal (sp) or a perinium one but she started antibotics untill the swabs come back , just hope it clears up b4 sean goes back to work ,

eoghans back to his birth wait today so he looks soo chunky now lol, hows sam?

Aw good stuff, am sure you'll be feeling better soon. x Well done Eoghan getting back to his birth weight so soon! Bet you're really proud!

Sam's fab thanks, I can't believe that this time three weeks ago I was waiting to get into the birth pool and he was here so soon after! The time is flying, he is such a lovely little baby. Thanks Ashley x

:hi: apaton! glad little Eoghan is doing well and hope your infection clears up soon- just what you need eh?!

Asher I didn't mean to make you cry with the photo in the sleeping bag!! (I think you wrote that in the other thread!) She does look so cute in it! I've attached it for the girls not on facebook. Actually, just yesterday I'm pretty sure she did a few proper smiles! She's pulled a few faces that look like smiles over the last week but I put them down to wind but yesterday she did a couple of big beaming ones when I was talking to her! I nearly burst into tears it was sooo cute!

xx

Attachments

• sleeping bag.jpg
    sleeping bag.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 2
Morning :wave:

Asher :happydance: registering baby Sam

apaton :hugs: sounds nasty hope it clears up soon xxx

ive finally written my birth story in the birth story section if anyone wanted to read it x

great stuff Genies i will head over and read it :thumbup:

Aww Emzy Holly looks so cute!! when Ollie had wind yesterday he smiled
it was lush! (even tho i knew it was wind) wish i had the camera ready!

Well had another restless night last night, so pleased that DD is still on her "breaking in days" at school and now go's in the afternoons!

gives us a chance to pull overselfs around :winkwink:

MW has just left he has lost a little weight (which is normal) and when he had the heel prick, she did it on both feet! :growlmad:
she found it hard to get the blood.

On the PLUS side Ollie wee'd all over her :rofl:

Hope everyone is well :kiss: xxx

Aww apaton honey.. :hugs: hope your infection clears up soon :hugs:

Daisy - If the midwife had pricked both Izzy's feet I think i'd have hit her! Good on Ollie for giving her what-for! I couldn't bare to look when she just did one of Izzy's. I hated the clicky heel test too.. the injections are going to be just awful :(

Asher - How much can we drink while we're feeding? I'd love a glass, but her feeds are so random - she can go from having 2-3 hours between them, to 10 mins! I never know when her next one is, so I never know when to time having a glass of wine!

I can't wait for Izzy to start giving us proper smiles! At the moment she's still pretty ill.. Her cold had her up most of the night (with the blocked nose) and the thrush in her mouth keeps making her sick. Thankfully she doesn't have a temperature and she's feeding ok, but it's not nice seeing her ill.

I too am waiting in for the midwife today... or tomorrow. She hasn't even given me a day to expect her; because she's on call she's said 'Thursday, if not Friday'. That said, I probably wouldn't be taking Izzy far because of her cold anyway.

Yey for registering births! :happydance: Thankfully I got that out of the way early and before Izzy got ill.

Just looked at the other thread - wow - 59 babies born!!!! I'm guessing we have some pretty tired new mums, otherwise I wouldn't be able to keep up with this thread either; I've given up on trying to read the 20+ pages a day on the other!

thanks for the advice! really helpful. I did take ellie to the doctors this morning just to check everything is ok and they think she seems healthy. I'm taking her to register the birth this afternoon :D second outing in pram.

Unfortunately I have ended up with a coldsore though, and I'm freaked out now worrying she'll catch it and I've read that it can be very serious in newborn babies :dohh: hopefully the fact I'm breastfeeding helps!

Daisybell- im so glad Ollie weed on the midwife cheered me right up! :)

Ive got a stupid ear infection and cold, dr has told me to be extremley carefull when preparing feeds and handling the girls, ive got antibacterial hand gel next to me at all times, i just feel rubbish but cant drop off to sleep.

Amelia was up most of the night she is still suffering from colic and discomfort it seems, i am trying her on cow and gate comfort milk today to see if that helps her.

Bekklez I have a coldsore as well- very lovely aren't they!? Hope we don't pass them on. Think we get them because we are tired and run down.

I just posted this in the other thread but thought I'd put it here too. I've just been comparing my 4d pics to the 'real life' Holly pics and look at these two together!!

Attachments

• 4d.jpg
    4d.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 3
  • holly5.jpg
    holly5.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 3
seans got a cold sore too , ive barred him from Eoghan :haha:

sorry some mummies are feeling poorly :hugs:

emzy they are soo alike in the 4d scan and her pic ill have to compare mine :thumbup:

well i entered Eoghan and sean into a football magazine and there pic is in it :haha: sean is footie mad, i nearly cried in asda when i seen in , hormones! lol

I registered Eoghan today :wohoo: wanted to walk up but i have to keep sitting down , went to asda n sat on benches leaving sean to shop lol

hope all the lovely mummies and babies are well :hugs: xx

Hi! :hi:
I'm finally in here! :happydance:
Wee Tobias Oscar is a gorgeous healthy boy and so sweet.
I will try to post birth story, etc in the next few days but I am just so freakin' tired right now.
I really should be napping as both newborn and toddler are.
Instead I am grabbing a few precious minutes of me time.
My mum left today and my husband goes back to work in two days, so I am about to get my ass kicked with childcare. Am a little nervous, to be honest, and hoping I cope okay.
I'll try to update between chaotic episodes! :)
Take care everyone! :hugs:

Attachments

• P1060026.jpg
    P1060026.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 0
optical I felt like hitting her tbh but when Ollie wee'd on her i couldn't stop
laughing, priceless! i hated it when DD got her heal prick too, i carnt stand to hear my babys cry in pain, least it's over with, next injections :(

:hugs: to all the poorly mummys and babys, hope you are all well soon xxx

:happydance: Apaton and Bekklez for registering your lo's births

Emzy the 4d pic and actual pic of holly is amazing!

:wave:Sarahkka congrats of the birth of Tobias, he is beautiful
I noticed that your ticker says he is 5days old was he born on september the 11th?

if so, he was born on the same day as Ollie :wohoo:

I sure you will cope fine hunni :hugs:

right i'm off to bed :kiss: xx xx xx

optical I felt like hitting her tbh but when Ollie wee'd on her i couldn't stop
laughing, priceless! i hated it when DD got her heal prick too, i carnt stand to hear my babys cry in pain, least it's over with, next injections :(

:hugs: to all the poorly mummys and babys, hope you are all well soon xxx

:happydance: Apaton and Bekklez for registering your lo's births

Emzy the 4d pic and actual pic of holly is amazing!

:wave:Sarahkka congrats of the birth of Tobias, he is beautiful
I noticed that your ticker says he is 5days old was he born on september the 11th?

if so, he was born on the same day as Ollie :wohoo:

I sure you will cope fine hunni :hugs:

right i'm off to bed :kiss: xx xx xx

Yup! He's a little 9/11 baby! :)
As for coping, well, I don't have much choice, do I? :rofl:
Bit late to change my mind on that now! :)
But thank you for the support and encouragement. :hugs: I can guarantee you that I will be needing a whole hell of a lot more of that in the next few weeks.

So, we are already getting the gears from the public health nurse on Toby not gaining weight fast enough. Those women drive me nuts. I find them so alarmist. I basically told her to back off today.
Very politely, which is impressive considering how hormonal I am. :)
I said that his numbers weren't of concern to me or my doctor as they are only slightly under the mark, and he is eating and sleeping well, has plenty of alert time and the BFing seems to be going quite well so far. I agreed to weigh him at the 10 day old mark to make sure that he has regained his birth weight, but even that is making me feel defensive and cranky.
I feel like they can get so hung up on their guidelines and numbers and lose track of the bigger picture.
They did the same thing to us with Simon, but totally overreacted and made us go to the Pediatric ER as though he was wasting away. The doctors who saw us there literally rolled their eyes when they heard who had sent us and told us that our baby was fine, just gaining a little more slowly. I did NOT appreciate the anxiety that whole episode caused me and have been pretty skeptical on the public health nurse front ever since.
Anyway, I have about a week to fatten Toby up on breastmilk! If he's still significantly under the target weight, I will consult my doctor. Not the public health nurses. :growlmad:

Yup! He's a little 9/11 baby! :)
As for coping, well, I don't have much choice, do I? :rofl:
Bit late to change my mind on that now! :)
But thank you for the support and encouragement. :hugs: I can guarantee you that I will be needing a whole hell of a lot more of that in the next few weeks.

I feel like they can get so hung up on their guidelines and numbers and lose track of the bigger picture.
:

:wohoo: for lo's sharing the same birthday :)

I so agree hun, if the dr has no concerns then she should back off!
some babys do gain weight slowly, thats just the way it is sometimes.

Well, hows everyone's night been?????

Ollie was up every hour for a feed again!

He's got the sleep patten all wrong, sleeps most of the day and is awake practically all of the night :dohh:

Hi all! Apologies for being absent but we're so busy what with DH going in less than a fortnight, and as my family are up north and his in west country there's a lot of travelling involved in 'welcome new arrival' and 'goodbye' visits! Finding things very difficult to be honest, I really don't want him to go! Don't know how I will cope :(

Lilia is still doing good during nights, was very unsettled last night and it was the first night I've been up more than once! Just so happened that it was the first night I've been sooo tired which made it harder! We didn't get back home from my parents till 1am so that would have unsettled her too, so its not her fault! She seems to be constant feeding today too, although she is sleeping for a bit between which is good!

Louise i was so confused by your avatar change there :haha: Very cute :)

Rosalie also sleeps all day and then feeds every hour through the night :dohh:

Robin went back to work on the monday so ive had both girls since she was 4 days old :wacko: Ive just stuck to tabss routine and its been fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->